Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amanda Knox
OMG - no - Amanda is free. I'm sick. Amanda can go party with Casey.

I'm delighted! *happy dance*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I am happy too. She was not involved, neither was her boyfriend.
Lady Justice has been kicked in the teeth a lot this year. i expected this but don't have to like it.

[Image: article-2044585-0E35962500000578-352_634x343.jpg]

Maybe I am missing something? I have read on this extensivley and I did not see any evidence that she was involved in this murder. They were supposedly in a drunk, drug induced frenzy of sex and murder and left behind no DNA, had no injuries, no bloody clothes? I know I will have to agree to disagree with many people but I just don't see it. Seems like it was more about anti-American sentiment to me. I will be happy to see her come home.
i don't have any passion for this case, so don't feel like rehashing the evidence and the entire case/forensics/circumstantial blah blah blah. i feel sorry for the victim's family.

that is not to put down anyone who believes in her innocence.

i simply don't care about the case, it always bored me. sorry. i'm too jaded.

many photos here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ction.html

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/80073...court.html

PERUGIA, Italy ­— An Italian appeals court threw out Amanda Knox’s murder conviction Monday and ordered the young American freed after nearly four years in prison for the death of her British roommate.

Knox collapsed in tears after the verdict overturning her 2009 conviction was read out. Her co-defendant, Italian Raffaele Sollecito, also was cleared of killing 21-year-old Meredith Kercher in 2007.

The Kercher family looked on grimly and a bit dazed as the verdict was read out by the judge after 11 hours of deliberations by the eight-member jury. Outside the courthouse, some of the hundreds of observers shouted “Shame, shame!”

Yet inside the frescoed courtroom, Knox’s parents, who have regularly traveled from their home in Seattle to Perugia to visit the 24-year-old over the past four years, hugged their lawyers and cried with joy.

“We’ve been waiting for this for four years,” said one of Sollecito’s lawyers, Giulia Bongiorno.

The judge upheld Knox’s conviction on a charge of slander for accusing bar owner Diya “Patrick” Lumumba of carrying out the killing. He set the sentence at three years, meaning for time served. Knox has been in prison since Nov. 6, 2007.

Prosecutors can appeal the acquittal to Italy’s highest court. There was no word late Monday if they planned to do so.

In Seattle, about a dozen Knox supporters were overjoyed that she has been cleared of the murder conviction.

“She’s free!” and “We did it!” they shouted at a hotel where they watched the court proceedings on TV.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
I am shocked by this event to-day! I thought she was guilty and I feel very sorry for the victims family Signs_173
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
I'm glad she was freed. I do not and did not believe she was guilty. At the very least, she didn't have a fair trial at all. The way it was handled was all kinds of wrong
The real murderer is still in prison (Guede). IMO.

I'm glad Knox and her ex-bf were released.

I feel bad that the Kercher family feels let down, but the real murderer has been convicted. Unfortunately he only (ultimately) got 16 years.
appeal won't do any good, she's not going back to Italy.

in the meantime she's going to become very wealthy.

The prosecution will appeal to the Court of Cassation, Italy's highest appeals court, which will rule on the legal merits of how the case was conducted, probably early next year.

Telegraph.uk is has a link where you can actually watch Amanda's flight online. I find that immensely creepy.
This case reminds me an awful lot of two of my favorite movies: Jagged Edge (Jeff Bridges, Glenn Close) and Primal Fear (Edward Norton, Richard Gere).

I guess we'll really never know, although Amanda has been freed, but I just can't help but think she had a hand in setting up Kercher (at the least). She may have participated, though you would expect some blood evidence to have been found on/around her.

I've read that her room was almost sterile when police went to collect evidence. That's odd. Also, why throw the red herring out there and falsely accuse the bar owner? Because she didn't want to implicate Guede, who still could've turned on her.

She set up her roommate, who, by the way, was an attractive foreigner, much like Amanda. Competition, anybody?

Again, I very well could be completely wrong here, but I'll never believe that she's completely innocent in this case.
She was humping her boyfriends leg the morning after. Those two definately wanted to "do it". I think it was some sicko weird scene.
(10-05-2011, 04:00 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: She was humping her boyfriends leg the morning after. Those two definately wanted to "do it". I think it was some sicko weird scene.

And the pair went shopping for lacy underwear for Amanda the next day. Shopping for erotic lingerie is always on my to-do list the day after someone close to me has been found murdered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...urder.html

Not evidence of anything other than a person without normal feelings, but just one tiny piece in a long chain of "odd" behaviors.

(10-05-2011, 12:06 PM)Kip Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 04:00 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: She was humping her boyfriends leg the morning after. Those two definately wanted to "do it". I think it was some sicko weird scene.

And the pair went shopping for lacy underwear for Amanda the next day. Shopping for erotic lingerie is always on my to-do list the day after someone close to me has been found murdered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...urder.html

More media sensationalism. She couldn't enter her house because it was a crime scene so she bought underwear and some other items. It was not a lingerie shop, it was a general merchandise store similar to a Target in the U.S. The shop owner later admitted that he does not speak English and they were speaking English. Tabloids paid him for the story.
Welcome home!
$$$$$$$$$$
She fell in love...did hormornal normal shit....she was living in another country her roomate died...she knew the girl for two fucking weeks.........was she supposed to flip out be a maytee? She was experiencing surealism.....
(10-06-2011, 03:18 AM)d505 Wrote: She was experiencing surealism.....

I recently experienced that for the first time ever & unless one has it's just unexplainable. It's a total out of body experience, it's like it's not even you going through it you're simply an observer. It's mind blowing.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]