Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-13-2011, 12:24 AM)Methusala Wrote:
(03-13-2011, 12:10 AM)WolfHouse Wrote: ARG.
Former Ohio gov's brother pushes death penalty ban
http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14238991

As a liberal on most subjects, I draw the line on the death penalty. I am strongly in favor of retaining and enforcing the death penalty. I think the existence of DNA science strengthens the argument in favor of the death penalty, not the other way around, because DNA evidence reduces the chance that a jury might make a mistake.

And when there is no DNA evidence to support the Prosecution's case, a defendant is free to point that out to the jury.

:agreed:

Rainbow 
(03-13-2011, 12:33 AM)NightOwl Wrote:
(03-13-2011, 12:24 AM)Methusala Wrote:
(03-13-2011, 12:10 AM)WolfHouse Wrote: ARG.
Former Ohio gov's brother pushes death penalty ban
http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14238991

As a liberal on most subjects, I draw the line on the death penalty. I am strongly in favor of retaining and enforcing the death penalty. I think the existence of DNA science strengthens the argument in favor of the death penalty, not the other way around, because DNA evidence reduces the chance that a jury might make a mistake.

And when there is no DNA evidence to support the Prosecution's case, a defendant is free to point that out to the jury.
:agreed:

Very succinctly and eloquently said, Methusala! Smiley_emoticons_smile
(03-12-2011, 10:31 PM)curious Wrote: Food for thought... if you have time or obsessed with the case as much as I am, take a minute and read the below link on "Statement Analysis" with regards to the Darlie Routier case and then about an hour or so and carefully review the transcripts of the 911 calls and JVM interview. I'm curious to know if anyone else feels that there's much more than just an over-evaluation of semantics as I originally thought. IMO there's a strong possibility the prosecution will have them submitted into evidence once this goes to trial...much like we're seeing in the Casey Anthony case now...

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/06...lysis.html

thanks! I'm still reading! Will definately review that first 911 callSmiley_emoticons_smile
Hi Jane the initials HAG = Happy American Girl - glad your back!
I found this on another site

This is one of the wierdest ones I've read about for a while - but there can be no proof that the ransacking was done by the murderer. It may seem unlikely, but there could well be two separate incidents that night, especially if they were frequently associating with undesirables.

I really hope those investigating are keeping an open mind about everything to do with this one. I cannot fathom why a senior LE officer would imply the victims are somehow to blame for being viciously murdered.
INTERESTING
They're both in the Lucas County Sheriff's department if these articles are correct and these are the same men.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blu...ver-name-his-p

http://www.springfieldtownship.net/T...2006-22-10.pdf
Purplecats, those links aren't working; is there any way you can try them again? Thanks!
[Image: 155fs853955.gif] I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. [Image: 5yjbztv.gif]
TRY THIS
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/...dicted-tol
(03-13-2011, 01:49 AM)PURPLECATS Wrote: TRY THIS

nope still not working
(03-13-2011, 01:58 AM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote:
(03-13-2011, 01:49 AM)PURPLECATS Wrote: TRY THIS

nope still not working

I HOPE THIS WORKS
Lucas County (OH) Sheriff Indicted; Toledo and OH Media Almost Never Name His Party

By Tom Blumer

| April 19, 2009 | 10:10
Tom Blumer's picture

JamesTelbTheBlade0409.jpgOn April 14, The Toledo Blade, apparently having temporarily misplaced the comma key, reported that

"Longtime Lucas County Sheriff James Telb and a top commander and two former deputies were indicted by a federal grand jury Tuesday on charges related to the 2004 death of an inmate at the jail" (HT to Maggie Thurber

in an e-mail).

The Blade, which likes to brag about the over 1,000 articles (I'm not kidding

) it carried about Republican Tom Noe's coin-dealing losses and related matters several years ago, nearly all of which reminded readers of Noe's GOP affiliation, "somehow" forgot to tell readers that Sheriff Telb is a Democrat

(scroll down to list of "Uncontested Races" at link").

The Blade's blind spot on Sheriff Telb's party has been on display frequently since then. Telb's party affiliation is nowhere to be found in these other Blade reports:

* April 15

-- "Lucas County Sheriff, 3 others accused of 2004 jail death cover-up"
* April 16

-- "Lucas County Sheriff deputies beat inmate to death, witness says"
* April 15

-- "Justice Department contradicts coroner's ruling" (The Blade did not identify the party of Coroner James Patrick, who is also a Democrat

).
* April 15

-- "County lockup has experienced its share of problems"
* April 16

-- "Prosecutor gave case to feds because probe named sheriff" (The Blade did not identify the party of Prosecutor Julia Bates, who is also a Democrat

)
* April 17

-- "Record says ex-officer faced choking, lying claims before"

The only recent Blade article I could find that mentioned Telb's party is one from April 15

that chronicled his career. The misleadingly headlined "Few candidates ran against Telb after his original election" contains some items that, if Telb's party membership was other than Democrat, would have led to a very different headline at the highly partisan Blade -- something on the order of "Telb no stranger to controversy." Some of the nuggets include a direct contradiction of the story's headline, campaign dirty tricks, and double-dipping :

..... His most serious challenges came in a three-way 2004 race. He was taken on by two former proteges, Tom Gulch, the former Oregon police chief and Toledo police officer who ran as a Republican, and Dan Contreras, a former sheriff's captain who ran as an independent.

His opponents alleged such problems in the sheriff's office as poor record-keeping, security breaches, low employee morale, and lack of training. They highlighted an incident in 2003 in which a gun was smuggled into the jail.

..... Sheriff Telb was further criticized when an off-duty sheriff's deputy was arrested by Toledo police, accused of stealing campaign signs belonging to Mr. Gulch and Mr. Contreras.

..... He retired in September, 2000, so he could claim an $80,000 annual pension from his service at UT (University of Toledo) and as sheriff. He was re-elected without opposition Nov. 7, 2000. Two days later, county commissioners reappointed him until his new term could begin Jan. 1.

There's also a hint that Telb's kid-glove treatment by the Blade is for reasons beyond what the holier-than-thou Blade will tell us (bold is mine):

In 1992, Toledo police investigated whether Sheriff Telb fired gunshots into the air after a motorist hit his car downtown as he was returning from The Blade's postelection party.

Wow. Do winning candidates ordinarily visit the newspapers which endorsed them on election night? They're not too worried about the appearance of impropriety in the Glass City, are they?

The party ID failure in coverage of Sheriff Telb's troubles is also rampant at other news sources:

* Toledo's Channel 24's brief indictment story

is party ID-free.
* So is a longer report in Saturday's Columbus Dispatch

("Sheriff's charge is latest jail problem; Alleged cover-up in death follows inmate beatings, shocking escapes"; HT to an e-mailer).
* Finally, as if there was a reason to even wonder about this, the Associated Press failed to identify Telb as a Democrat here

, here

, here

, and here

It also happens that the large majority of sheriffs in the Buckeye State are Republicans, and that many state residents tend to assume that even the sheriffs of heavily Democratic counties are GOP members. Such is in the case (correlating this list

of November 2008 candidates with this list

from the Buckeye Sheriffs Association) in Summit (Akron), Montgomery (Dayton), and going-blue Hamilton (Cincinnati) Counties. I would suggest that one reason Sheriff Telb's Democratic identity has been almost completely muted might be that the reporters at the Blade and other Ohio establishment media outlets believe that most readers outside Lucas County will assume that he is a Republican.

Cross-posted at BizzyBlog.com

(03-12-2011, 09:46 PM)eye.of.my Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 09:28 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 08:52 PM)eye.of.my Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 07:11 PM)Nina Wrote: A couple of people from Toledo have said BC could not have been involved because he was hiding out of town from his baby mama drama. Just wanted to point out that a week before the murders, right when he started posting all the revenge on snitches posts/songs, he WAS BACK IN TOLEDO. In reponse to a girl asking if he was still out of town........ :

BC: naw im still in tha hood i had 2 cum bacc
January 22 at 2:37pm

He did not leave town again until after the murders.

Well you say what you think and Ill know what Ill know and stick to my I will kiss the asses of anyone who said I was wrong ( please make sure they are clean). Im not sure how he got brought up in this in the first place other than fb and personally just because a person looks like a psycho dont make them a killer. But this is about opinions and I respect that I just sit back and laugh. I almost told him to get on here and check it out but didnt think anyone wanted to listen to his ghetto trash talk anymore than I do.

I suppose because the situation he was caught up in was going on at the same time - I've no idea who brought him up and I don't think he's involved my pov only - I wonder do these heathen have a mother?

I hate to say it but I am loosing hope. I have been sitting here wrecking my brains and really only going off of what I hear and what I see on here and in the media. As I sit here and I think about it theres a list of unsolved murders that cross my mind and it drives me crazy. I can see this one going the same in the near future. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure one of the unsolved cases that I keep thinking of was a relative of Donald Corrigan and happened within the same year as his. With this crossing my mind and thinking about if they all was connected possibly somehow I am going nuts. But if anyone is interested in my madness heres the link to the unsolved when it first happened I want to say. Maybe I am way off who knows but hell at this point anything is possible.
http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/23year...ews_091309

Responding to eye.... I know his family I will ask for you in the morning and let you know. I do not think he was though. I think they would have brought that up by now with tw being in the middle of this.

(03-12-2011, 08:52 PM)eye.of.my Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 07:11 PM)Nina Wrote: A couple of people from Toledo have said BC could not have been involved because he was hiding out of town from his baby mama drama. Just wanted to point out that a week before the murders, right when he started posting all the revenge on snitches posts/songs, he WAS BACK IN TOLEDO. In reponse to a girl asking if he was still out of town........ :

BC: naw im still in tha hood i had 2 cum bacc
January 22 at 2:37pm

He did not leave town again until after the murders.

Well you say what you think and Ill know what Ill know and stick to my I will kiss the asses of anyone who said I was wrong ( please make sure they are clean). Im not sure how he got brought up in this in the first place other than fb and personally just because a person looks like a psycho dont make them a killer. But this is about opinions and I respect that I just sit back and laugh. I almost told him to get on here and check it out but didnt think anyone wanted to listen to his ghetto trash talk anymore than I do.

I went back and looked through FB again and my opinion has changed, it looks like he (and MM) left town days before the murders. BC was in the Most Wanted section of the paper on January 25 and from the stuff posted on FB it looks like they left town around 1/28.

So much for that theory......
(03-12-2011, 09:46 PM)eye.of.my Wrote: I hate to say it but I am loosing hope. I have been sitting here wrecking my brains and really only going off of what I hear and what I see on here and in the media. As I sit here and I think about it theres a list of unsolved murders that cross my mind and it drives me crazy. I can see this one going the same in the near future. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure one of the unsolved cases that I keep thinking of was a relative of Donald Corrigan and happened within the same year as his. With this crossing my mind and thinking about if they all was connected possibly somehow I am going nuts. But if anyone is interested in my madness heres the link to the unsolved when it first happened I want to say. Maybe I am way off who knows but hell at this point anything is possible.

The individual in the article above is a cousin to TW's baby daddy #2.
a new addition to the crime forum rules, which every person is responsible for reading. i will probably post this in the thread more than once. ---->

http://mockforums.net/thread-4781.html

i want to add to the rules. any articles taken from news outlets off the net must be linked. only post about 10% of an article, then the link.
same for photos, give attribution.
this is important in copyright law.
Mock is not responsible for anyone who fails to abide by this rule. the lawyers can have you. Smiley_emoticons_razz

thanks. LC

:wheelchair:......115
(03-13-2011, 10:45 AM)Adub Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 09:46 PM)eye.of.my Wrote: I hate to say it but I am loosing hope. I have been sitting here wrecking my brains and really only going off of what I hear and what I see on here and in the media. As I sit here and I think about it theres a list of unsolved murders that cross my mind and it drives me crazy. I can see this one going the same in the near future. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure one of the unsolved cases that I keep thinking of was a relative of Donald Corrigan and happened within the same year as his. With this crossing my mind and thinking about if they all was connected possibly somehow I am going nuts. But if anyone is interested in my madness heres the link to the unsolved when it first happened I want to say. Maybe I am way off who knows but hell at this point anything is possible.

Donald and him are both her baby daddys?
turn the mocking page
(03-13-2011, 01:02 PM)eye.of.my Wrote:

Yea, DC is #3. And relatives of DC may also be related to #2. The southside of toledo seems to be a tight community. And surely someone there knows who murdered JC & LS.

(03-13-2011, 01:13 PM)Adub Wrote:
(03-13-2011, 01:02 PM)eye.of.my Wrote:

Yea, DC is #3. And relatives of DC may also be related to #2. The southside of toledo seems to be a tight community. And surely someone there knows who murdered JC & LS.

Oh jesus, I see why my husband chooses to stay away. And I agree someone does know and with all that money up for grabs you would think one of these broke ass fucks would talk allready.
(03-13-2011, 01:13 PM)Adub Wrote: surely someone there knows who murdered JC & LS.

They need to take the money & run then.

It's not despicable to do the right thing & doing the right thing entails telling law enforcement what you know. Do it & take the money to start anew somewhere far, far away where you have a chance at creating a worthwhile life for yourself.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]