Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children
and 2 more babies die in hot cars. :(
GA. and S.C.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-heat.html

(06-02-2011, 08:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 08:25 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Seriously????? Come on. There is no fucking excuse to ever leave a cihld in a car. How the hell can you forget your child???

I don't think that every case can be looked at in the same light. There's a tremendous difference between the parent who leaves the kid in the car while they are in the bar drinking & the dad who forgets his kid and goes into his workplace.

People are busy & overworked and shit happens. I feel bad for those who have genuinely forgotten their kid is in the car. Good people DO NOT intend to let their children die. Why can I see that & others can't?

Good people DO NOT intend to let their children die. Why can I see that & others can't?

I can agree in certain situations. I put in my mind how I get out of my car and it was clear as a bell. I NEVER look in my backseat when I'm getting out of my car, especially the drivers side. If you aren't in the daily habit of carting a kid around, and especially if it's something you hardly ever do...and, the carseat was put in on the drivers side... and if you have tinted windows. I would think you would see a child out of your peripheral vision if it was put in on the passenger side. Yes I can see it happening as hard as it is to comprehend.

Now the scumbags that leave their kids in the car to go sit at a bar and other irresponsible shit like that...they need to die in a hot car...twice.

I don't know what, if any kind of punishment should be given to people who have innocently left a child in a hot car. I can't imagine the guilt and horror of living with that everyday for the rest of my life. I think I would want to kill myself...seriously!

Well shit, fucked that quote up big time. hah
Sacramento Bee
Jun. 22, 2011

In a case as rare as it is nightmarish, police arrested a North Sacramento woman Tuesday who they said killed her 6-week-old daughter in March by burning her to death in a microwave oven.

Ka Yang, 29, was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on suspicion of murder and assault that resulted in the death of a child. She is being held without bail.

"It's unthinkable," said Norm Leong, Sacramento Police Department spokesman. "Everyone was stunned at the cause of death. Even the detectives were shocked."

Mirabelle Thao-Lo was found dead March 17 by firefighters called to the home in the 800 block of Rood Avenue, in the city's Robla neighborhood.

People at the scene said an adult holding the baby had suffered a seizure and dropped her, Fire Department Battalion Chief Niko King said at the time.

Fire officials summoned police because of the child's traumatic injuries, King said.

Investigators spent three months trying to determine what caused the infant's severe and unusual burns, authorities said.

"She had some really deep tissue burns, fourth-degree burns. It was probably the worst case I've seen," said Sacramento County Coroner's Office spokesman Ed Smith.

Early on, detectives speculated that a household appliance, perhaps the microwave, caused the burns, Leong said. But the rarity of such cases made the investigation more difficult and time-consuming, he said.

Investigators found only two other cases of infants killed in microwaves and a third case of a baby who was burned but survived, he said.

• According to coverage in the Dayton Daily News, China Arnold was convicted last month in Dayton, Ohio, of killing her 4-week-old daughter, Paris Talley, in a microwave oven in 2005. Forensic pathologists testified the baby was probably in the microwave for more than two minutes and died when her temperature reached 107 or 108 degrees.

• In New Kent County, Va., a young mother in 2000 pleaded to involuntary manslaughter after her 5-week-old son, Joseph Lewis Martinez, died in a microwave, the Washington Post reported. Elizabeth Renee Otte told authorities she had suffered an epileptic seizure in September 1999 and put her baby in the oven instead of his milk bottle.

• In Galveston, Texas, in 2008, Joshua Mauldin was found guilty of injuring a child, according to the Galveston Daily News. Jurors determined that in May 2007 he had put his 2-month-old daughter Ana Mauldin in a motel microwave for about 10 seconds. She was burned on her arm and ear but survived.

Comparing the evidence in those cases with Mirabelle's death, and consulting with forensic experts and government agencies, took time, Leong said.

"We had to find medical experts and make a finding," Leong said.

By Tuesday morning, police were ready to make an arrest.

"We have reason to believe that the mother did it," Leong said. But her motivation remains a mystery. "We really don't know what led up to it. We don't have a motivation," he said.

Leong said he could not discuss any statements that Yang or others may have made to police. Yang declined to be interviewed at the jail Tuesday night.

Yang's three other children, boys ages 7 and younger, were removed from the home at the time of Mirabelle's death, authorities said.

On Rood Avenue, residents said they had little knowledge of what went on inside their neighbor's home.

A Nissan sedan sat in the driveway of Yang's single-story house Tuesday afternoon, but no one answered the door.

Relatives could not be reached by telephone.

Yang and her family kept to themselves, said Gilbert and Margarita Layva, who live a few houses down the block.

"She never opened the door," Margarita Layva said. "She never came out."

The couple said they had offered Yang a bag of rice as a housewarming gift and invited her for coffee, but she had rebuffed them.

Gilbert Layva said he mowed his neighbor's lawn Sunday because it was becoming an eyesore. Yang came out, apologized for rejecting their earlier invitation and hugged Margarita Layva, he said.

The couple said they were surprised by Tuesday morning's arrest.

Yang is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday in Sacramento Superior Court at 1:30 p.m. in Dept. 61.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

*gasp* These fucking parents are sick! Point.Blank.Period.
(06-22-2011, 10:40 AM)JsMom Wrote: *gasp* These fucking parents are sick! Point.Blank.Period.

My sentiments exactly! So disgusting I can't even read about this kind of shit! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Fulton County GA. woman beat and sexually assaulted her 3-year-old granddaughter, according to Roswell police. Furious

Ms. Lorraine Grant, 41, was being held without bond at the Fulton County Jail Tuesday after she turned herself in to police late Monday, officials said.

Investigators said the 3-year-old had what appeared to be burns all over her body, bruises on parts of her body and two broken ribs that already started to heal, Lt. McGee said.

The child, who lives with her mother in California, had been staying with her paternal grandmother since the last part of April. She was only supposed to be visiting her for a couple of weeks , Lt. McGee said.

“The grandmother refused to take her back and was not cooperating with the mother,” Lt. McGee said.

The mother decided to come to for her child and arrived in Atlanta on Friday. Once back in her care, the child told her mother she was in pain.

A father has been arrested for raping his six-month-old son and infecting him with HIV.

Police say that Lenny Love, 29, from Silverton, Ohio, knew he had the virus when he raped his son in March.

He was arrested on Friday and charged with two counts of rape, one count of felonious assault and one count of possession of marijuana.

Police say he admitted the assault to them.

He is being held at the Hamilton County Justice Center while he awaits trial.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A judge denied a father custody of his 18-month-old son on Monday after deputies said the boy was found drinking from beer bottles alone in the front yard.

Elvin Garcia was brought into court cuffed and shackled to find out what would happen to his son.

The child was ordered into foster care at the hearing on Monday after he was found drinking from beer bottles over the weekend outside of his house, located off Atlantis Drive in Apopka.

Garcia was arrested on child neglect charges on Saturday night, after a neighbor called 911 to report seeing the toddler wandering in the yard, and drinking from beer bottles.

“There were bottles around the front porch and he was just picking them up, drinking out of them,” said eyewitness Debbie Robinson.

Garcia was allegedly passed out inside.

“They could see him in the trailer there with his legs hanging out the door... just passed out I guess,” said Robinson.

Deputies said they arrived to find an unlivable home. The Department of Children and Families described Garcia's home as "deplorable." Investigators said the boy was living in such bad conditions they were only able to salvage one shirt, a pair of shoes and some diapers from the belongings at the home.

A spokeswoman said investigators are working to figure out how things got so bad at the home.

Neighbors said this isn't the first time the baby has been left to wander around, and they said they hope something is done to make sure the child doesn't get hurt.

“I think it's terrible. Something should be done about it and it doesn't matter who it is. If they can't take care of their child, they should have their child taken up,” said neighbor Marge McGregor.

The child's mother is in a mental hospital in Jacksonville, and Garcia told the judge he has no other nearby relatives to care for the toddler.

[Image: 28510151_320X180.jpg]

23 years old. 3 kids. the welfare card. fine choice in baby-daddy...Smiley_emoticons_stumm

i hope the baby lives, but i doubt he will.

Boston Herald

[Image: e4939a_abuse_07222011.jpg]

[Image: f_07222011.jpg]

As Crystle Sears rode in the ambulance Wednesday afternoon, she prayed that God would spare her tiny son — now fighting for his precious life in a Boston hospital after his little body was slammed down on concrete, allegedly by his own father’s hands.

“God,” she said, crying and peering back at the medics tending her injured son, “please don’t take my baby.”

Infant Carmello Sears, just 7 weeks old, is on a respirator in Massachusetts General Hospital.

Sears, a 23-year-old mother of three, fears her baby may have suffered brain damage. She has been constantly at her only son’s side, and spoke to the Herald yesterday when she briefly returned home to retrieve some fresh clothes.
Prosecutors said the harrowing ordeal started when the baby’s father, Carlos Edwards of Melrose, showed up at Sears’ home demanding money Wednesday.

“We were just arguing and he threw him at me — and he slammed on the concrete,” Sears said. “I thought my child was dead.”

“I was just screaming. I don’t even really remember. I’ve just been through so much,” she said. “I picked him up really carefully to make sure nothing was broken, and I just screamed for someone to call the police.”

“He wasn’t crying,” she recalled, her eyes red from tears. “I had to move him to make him cry.”

Edwards, 33, had grabbed the baby when Sears refused to give him any money, prosecutors said.

So Sears handed him an electronic benefits card, and told him to give Carmello back to her, a prosecutor said. Edwards turned around and threw his son 4 feet through the air.

“He said, ‘Here’s your baby. I hope you both die,’ ” said the baby’s grandmother Charlene Nickerson.

Nickerson said her grandson suffered a skull fracture and is showing signs of consciousness, but “he’s in so much pain that tears are coming from his eyes.”

In Malden District Court yesterday, where Edwards hid his face and was held without bail, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald recounted Sears’ horrified cries: “ ‘He killed my child! You killed my child!’ ”

Edwards pleaded not guilty to assault and battery of a child, causing bodily injury, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Sears — also the mother of two daughters, ages 7 and 4, — told the Herald she wanted her baby boy “very much” but his father didn’t want him.

“They’re worried about brain damage,” she said. “He has bruising and bleeding of his brain. He’s on a breathing tube. He just had a blood transfusion this morning.”

(07-22-2011, 06:22 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: [b]23 years old. 3 kids. the welfare card. fine choice in baby-daddy...Smiley_emoticons_stumm

i hope the baby lives, but i doubt he will.

Boston Herald

As Crystle Sears rode in the ambulance Wednesday afternoon, she prayed that God would spare her tiny son — now fighting for his precious life in a Boston hospital after his little body was slammed down on concrete, allegedly by his own father’s hands.

And here's another SOB who should not be walking this earth!

God made a mistake again!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

NY Daily News
[Image: alg_mug_brian_shannon-gore.jpg]

[Image: alg_house_gore.jpg]

A young girl was found caged and attempting to eat herself in a mobile home in Virginia, and cops say her parents are responsible.

The malnourished girl, believed to be either 5 or 6, was discovered in a crib that was converted into a makeshift cage after police arrived at the home in Gloucester County to investigate a burglary last week.

The girl's parents, Brian and Shannon Gore, were arrested and charged with felony child abuse. The mother was also charged with attempted capital murder.

However, the gruesome twosome now faces first-degree murder charges after the remains of what authorities believe to be another child were found buried outside their mobile home.

"I've done this for 20 years, and I've never seen anything like this in my life," Gloucester Sheriff's Maj. Darrell Warren said.

A month-old baby boy was also found in the home, but was in good condition. Both he and the older girl are now in the care of the county Department of Social Services.

The girl's blond-hair was matted and filled with knots. She wore only a diaper and t-shirt and was eating flakes of dried skin on her body.

"It was horrific. I don't know what else to say," Lt. Scott Little of the Sheriff's Department told Virginia's Daily Press on Friday.

"They seemed like nice people," neighbor Tim Hudnall told the newspaper. He noted he had seen the baby boy, but never saw a girl with the Gores in the six years they've been neighbors.

"He was really a nice guy," Brian Gore's ex-girlfriend, Sandy, told WTKR 3 News in Norfolk. "He went to church and everything."

Deputies discovered a child's remains while digging under and around a shed at the mobile home Friday evening. The age, gender and identity of the remains are not known, pending an examination by the state Medical Examiner's Office.

The Gores are being held in prison as authorities determine how the child died. An autopsy report by the state medical examiner is pending.

(02-12-2011, 12:25 PM)kfran Wrote: I have my undergrad in social work. I completed a 2 year internship w/Department of Children & Family Services. I could not work in the field after I graduated because I was already so callus to it all. There are absolutely disgusting forms of child abuse out there. I once commented to a professor that it's as if some of these people sit around all day & think of the most screwed up ways to harm children. Wish I could save them all.

I hear you. I work in a field where I have had to observe questionable behaviors in at-risk children and in only one instance was the real situation not as bad or worse than feared. It sickens me and I am just glad it isn't something I have to do day in and day out. I couldn't.
panem et circenses
you're going to have a good time in the magic kingdom or else you little brat!! 95

ORANGE COUNTY --
A woman from New Orleans is facing child abuse charges after she allegedly beat her child while they were at Disney's Magic Kingdom.

Jessica Lewis was arrested last Thursday. The arrest affidavit says Lewis punched and kicked her 22-month-old child because the child would not walk properly.

The affidavit says Lewis used a closed fist, at one point, causing the child to bend over and cry. Lewis bonded out of jail on Friday.

She faces child abuse charges.

[Image: MOM-HITS-KIDS-WDW.jpg]

[Image: walt-disney.jpg]

Thank God for this alert father!

shitbird is looking at 4 life sentences.

LA Times
San Bernardino County prosecutors filed felony charges against a 52-year-old man Wednesday for allegedly molesting a 4-year-old girl in a Redlands apartment complex.

Terence Giberson, who has no prior criminal record, was charged with two counts of oral copulation/sexual penetration with a child, two counts of a forcible lewd act with a child and one count of kidnapping in connection with Tuesday's attack, authorities said.

If convicted, Giberson faces up to three life terms, prosecutors said.

“Our children are our most vulnerable victims, and what happened in the local community of Redlands on Tuesday will not be tolerated,” Dist. Atty. Mike Ramos said in a statement. “It has always been the policy of this office that we will hold those responsible for any criminal conduct accountable for their actions, and this case is no different.”

The girl was playing outside her family's apartment Monday when she went missing, authorities said. Her father went looking for his daughter and found her undressed, yelling and banging on a neighbor's window, police said.

The father went inside the apartment and rescued her from a naked man inside.

When police arrived, a crowd of neighbors had gathered outside the suspect's apartment, where he had locked himself in and refused to come out.

Officers eventually arrested Giberson and he was taken to the hospital for cuts on his arms from a possible suicide attempt, police said.

[Image: 8298184_448x252.jpg]

[Image: article-2029120-0D8A46DE00000578-204_233x423.jpg]

[Image: article-2029120-0D8AFB0200000578-594_468x349.jpg]

Signs_173
TEXAS
A father drowned his two young sons after abducting them and their mother while they were walking to school on Monday, according to police.

Naim Rasool Mohammed, from Dallas, was arrested in a creek bed hours after police issued an alert saying he was suspected of abducting the two boys, aged three and five.

According to a police report, Mohammed, 32, approached the boys and their 22-year-old mother as they were walking to school and forced them into his vehicle by threatening her with a brick.

The woman eventually managed to jump from the vehicle and flag down a Dallas County constable, who notified police but did not give chase.

Yesterday Mohammed also tried but failed to take his youngest child, a one-year-old, from another location, Police Deputy Chief Craig Miller said at a news conference.

The boys' mother told officers that Mohammed had threatened to kill the children, and that he had previously threatened them and her, police said.

SHE WENT BACK AND HAD HER PARKING VALIDATED!!

AP

ORANGE, Calif. (AP) -- A 7-month-old baby boy who was tossed from the fourth floor of a hospital parking structure died Wednesday, the same day his mother made an initial court appearance on charges of attempted murder and felony child abuse, a police spokesman said.

The child died Wednesday morning at the University of California, Irvine, Medical Center and charges against the mother, Sonia Hermosillo, 31, will be upgraded to murder, said Sgt. Dan Adams, spokesman for the Orange Police Department.

Prosecutors allege that Hermosillo removed a helmet that her son wore for a medical condition before tossing him from the parking structure at Children's Hospital of Orange County late Monday. She then went back inside the hospital to validate her parking, senior deputy district attorney Scott Simmons said after Hermosillo's hearing.

Hermosillo's husband, Noe Medina, told The Orange County Register in an interview Tuesday that his wife had been hospitalized for postpartum depression in June after she said she didn't want their son, Noe Medina Jr., who was diagnosed with congenital muscular torticollis - a twisting of the neck to one side.

The infant also wore a helmet to help correct his plagiocephaly, also known as flat-head syndrome, the Register reported.

"She didn't look at our son as normal," Medina said. "She didn't accept him. She didn't accept that he was like this."

Medina said the boy was receiving physical therapy twice a week and was showing signs of improvement.

Simmons, the prosecutor, said Hermosillo's behavior showed she intended to kill her son, regardless of her mental state.

"It's not like she's in a fetal position when the police arrived," he said. "She picks a specific location, drives to the top of the building (and) takes the helmet off. I'm sure she's depressed, the post-partum blues, I'm sure she had some of that."

"It's going to be up to a jury to decide if she had the wherewithal to inform the intent to kill."

Hermosillo made a brief court appearance Wednesday, but her arraignment was postponed until Sept. 16.

Orange County Superior Court Judge Joe Perez set bail at $1 million, but federal immigration officials have a no-bail hold to keep her in custody because she is in the U.S. illegally, said Jim Amormino, sheriff's spokesman.

[Image: a360acf7-8fd2-4f91-81e6-8f444d5d807a-small.jpg]

[Image: article-2029197-0D8CDA9100000578-834_224x392.jpg]

[Image: article-2029197-0D8C3C5800000578-171_224x358.jpg]

[Image: article-2029197-0D894B9800000578-841_468x338.jpg]

That poor baby was so damn cute. The pain is so visible on the father's face. If the Mother was hospitalized for postpartum depression, why wasn't she under some kind of watch to make sure she wasn't a harm to herself or the baby.
oh God, this poor boy!! i just can't fathom his own dad doing this! 21

Dallas Morning News

A 10-year-old boy who died of dehydration after his parents deprived him of water last month was being disciplined for wetting the bed, authorities said Friday.

Documents obtained a day after Jonathan James’ father and stepmother were arrested in his death show how the boy suffered while he was denied drinking water for five days in July. And in an interview Friday, Jonathan’s grandmother said that he had called her in late June to say he was afraid to live with his father and stepmother for a month-long, court-ordered custody visit.

Jonathan died July 25 after he collapsed at the Red Bird home of his father and stepmother, and rescuers were unable to revive him.

Michael Ray James and Tina Alberson, both 42, remained in the Dallas County Jail on Friday, charged with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. Jonathan’s twin brother, Joseph, was also staying at the home but was not injured.

Jonathan “called me and said, ‘Can I come to your house instead? I know I’m going to be in trouble while I’m there because I always am,’” said Jonathan’s grandmother Sue Shotwell of Duncanville. “That’s the first time we ever heard that from him.”

According to Joseph, his parents put Jonathan in a room without air conditioning and told him to stand by the window with the sun beating down on him.

Joseph said that on the day Jonathan died he had peanut butter stuck in his throat but his parents wouldn’t let him wash it down.

“They still wouldn’t let him have water,” Joseph said.

Joseph regularly looked out for his brother. He’d find him during recess at school and they’d play together. But Joseph could only watch as his brother slowly died. Joseph said he didn’t want to risk facing similar punishment.

“I wanted to do something, but I couldn’t,” Joseph said. “I couldn’t do nothing because I would get in trouble.”

Shotwell later told Joseph not to feel guilty. There was nothing he could do.

She did question why Michael James chose to watch his son die.

“He could’ve stopped it,” Shotwell said. “What person in their right mind deprives anyone of water?”

Police documents show that the boy suffered until he collapsed and hit his head on the floor the night he died.

“A child of his age would exhibit progressive symptoms of his dehydration, including complaining of thirst, progressively becoming lethargic, appearing dry (cracked lips, sunken eyes), mental status changes, decreased urine output and eventually shock/cardiac arrest,” the documents said.

Rescuers took Jonathan to Methodist Charlton Medical Center. Alberson told authorities there that Jonathan was sick. But the medical staff called investigators even while they were trying to revive the boy.

Jonathan seemingly never stopped enjoying life, Shotwell said. He rode his bike, swam and participated with his brother in Cub Scouts.

“He was very tan from being outside,” Shotwell said. “He would run out the door, and I’d hand him a bottle of water like he was running a marathon.”

He was an easy-going boy who made friends easily, she said, and he never held a grudge.

“This kid, if you know Jonathan, he could forgive you for no matter what you did,” Shotwell said. “You could ground him, and he would say ‘I love you, Mimi.’”

Shotwell, who is an administrator at Methodist Charlton Medical Center, rushed to the hospital to be beside Jonathan on the night he died.

When she got there, she knew something bad had happened to her grandson, who had always been a strong, healthy boy. His breathing had slowed and he was unconscious.

Shotwell was alone with Jonathan and whispered in his ear.

“I told him I loved him,” she said. “He was precious, and I told him where he was going.”

DIE YOU FILTHY SWINE!!
Because the boy died, the injury to a child charges the parents are facing carry the same sentence as murder.

[Image: boydeath_20110825154153_640_480.JPG]

Rest In Peace dear little boy. i am sorry you didn't get to have your life. (cry. )

[Image: james_20110726160301_640_480.JPG]

That made me sick. I don't understand how a parent can do that to their own child.