Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why Toledo is a shithole
UGH helm looks like an alien from men in black. mother fucker has got to stand out in a crowd. hope they're both caught soon
20 years old, going away for murder.

the blade

A man who barricaded himself in an apartment and held police at bay for almost three hours was arrested Monday afternoon.

Charges are pending against Christopher Doyle, 20 of Toledo, said Toledo Public Information Officer Joe Heffernan.

Doyle will face pending charges for the incident. Authorities say he is also wanted for a slaying in Detroit.

About 12:30 p.m. members of the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force attempted to serve an active carjacking warrant on Mr. Doyle at the Regina Manor complex in the 3700 block of Manhattan Boulevard near Summit Street, however, authorities say Mr. Doyle barricaded himself in the apartment when authorities arrived and refused to come out.

A negotiator and the Toledo Police SWAT team, as well as a dozen uniformed officers, assisted at the scene. Police were unable to have a two-way dialogue with the suspect, who refused to pick up the phone or respond to police, authorities say.

Police fired numerous rounds of teargas into the apartment; about 20 minutes later they went in through the front door and arrested him without incident at 3:19 p.m.

No weapon was recovered at the time of the entry and arrest. An investigation is pending.

There were no injuries. Another woman was taken away in handcuffs. No information was available about her involvement other than authorities believed her to be a friend of Mr. Doyle, Mr. Heffernan said.

Mr. Doyle faces several active warrants out of Toledo in addition to the Detroit warrant.

[Image: CTY-barricade19p.jpg]

the 2011 homicide report. year isn't over yet.

http://toledobladedata.com/homicides/default.asp

(12-30-2011, 05:10 PM)JsMom Wrote: There is a robbery suspect being held up in a Toledo home. I don't have much info as I am on my phone. Maybe someone can look it up. I'm not around my computer. Smiley_emoticons_wink

anything more about this i'll put in toledo is a shithole thread. Smiley_emoticons_smile
i hope it's quintin helm who has been wanted for murder. post 76

toledo blade

Toledo police have surrounded a home at 317 Western Ave. in South Toledo after receiving a report of a man with a gun.

The person, who police said is wanted on several warrants, has allegedly threatened to shoot an officer, according to initial reports. He is occupying the third floor attic portion of the home.

Police have gained entry to the house and are sending several negotiators to the scene.

Details will be published as they become available

[Image: standoff.jpg]

shit. it's not helm.

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Toledo Police are involved in a standoff with a man in South Toledo.

Friday afternoon, police attempted to serve warrants for abduction and felonious assault to Walter Roberts, 28, at 317 Western Avenue.

They believe Roberts went to the third floor.

TPD is now on the second floor trying to negotiate with Roberts.

Roberts said he will not be taken alive and that he is armed. Police do not know if he is armed.

TPD and SWAT teams have surrounded the house.

On my cell phone @ 5:21 pm---man found fatally shot on sidewalk at 1948 Parkdale Ave. (from WTOL news)
(12-30-2011, 05:50 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: shit. it's not helm.

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Toledo Police are involved in a standoff with a man in South Toledo.

Friday afternoon, police attempted to serve warrants for abduction and felonious assault to Walter Roberts, 28, at 317 Western Avenue.

TPD and SWAT teams have surrounded the house.

An earlier report

News
Kidnapping suspect eludes police
Posted: Dec 30, 2011 2:19 PM PST

Toledo police stormed a house in the 300 block of Western Avenue late Friday. They were searching for a kidnapping suspect but no one was inside the home.

Police using shields entered the house looking for 28-year-old Walter Roberts. Several units were on hand. Roberts is on parole on a rape charge according to police.

The kidnapping took place in December and Roberts was wanted on warrants in connection with the case.

Police had blocked off the area while they executed the search. Initially, police believed the man was inside and the situation was treated as a standoff. Police say the man had previously threatened to shoot at police.

Police say they will continue to search the area in hopes of finding Roberts. The home is located on Western Avenue in South Toledo.

(12-30-2011, 06:51 PM)justme Wrote: On my cell phone @ 5:21 pm---man found fatally shot on sidewalk at 1948 Parkdale Ave. (from WTOL news)

Not sure if this is rapist they were after (he's on Ohio Gov's Sex Offender List). This is another Murder they are reporting by the sounds of it - your doing great via cell!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
So, does anyone from Toledo know Kristi Hymore? What a heartbreaking death. Dang, I have been following her on fb since Zach the Minor's name came up. I am way too far up Toledo's ass. This one was heartbreaking.
(12-30-2011, 06:51 PM)justme Wrote: On my cell phone @ 5:21 pm---man found fatally shot on sidewalk at 1948 Parkdale Ave. (from WTOL news)

no name released yet.

[Image: 16419971_BG1.jpg]

(12-30-2011, 08:36 PM)Adub Wrote: So, does anyone from Toledo know Kristi Hymore? What a heartbreaking death. Dang, I have been following her on fb since Zach the Minor's name came up. I am way too far up Toledo's ass. This one was heartbreaking.
Adub i have not heard of her. Can you tell us more about it?
(11-09-2011, 12:50 AM)Sonny223 Wrote: Uncle johns is better!

Wow, we had one about 20 years ago, it was the best. Do you have one where you live sonny?
(12-30-2011, 09:02 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:

no name released yet.

So the dead man broke down the screen door and was trying to get through the front door when the suspect shot him. The suspect was inside his home and shot through the door. Now he is charged with murder.

Antonio Johnson, 27, was shot to death Friday afternoon at 1937 Parkdale Avenue, the home of the suspect. Police have arrested and charged with murder Mr. Johnson’s cousin, 35-year-old James C. Smith.

(01-01-2012, 12:40 AM)sharit Wrote:
(12-30-2011, 08:36 PM)Adub Wrote: So, does anyone from Toledo know Kristi Hymore? What a heartbreaking death. Dang, I have been following her on fb since Zach the Minor's name came up. I am way too far up Toledo's ass. This one was heartbreaking.
Adub i have not heard of her. Can you tell us more about it?

Mr. Z is the young friend that was hanging around with Tiffany at various parties Zach B began a Facebook page and the above mentioned girl is on his friends list also Johnny and Lisa are on his friends list - that is all I know about her. Her brother's FB page mentions her a great deal but, how this young woman died is beyond me, all that is said is she died suddenly in or around the 17th of December 2011.

Adub should state if she knows! Hope this helps a little!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
she died of an OD.
rumor was she was pregnant.

Nevermind...
(01-01-2012, 11:18 AM)Adub Wrote:
(12-30-2011, 09:02 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:

no name released yet.

So the dead man broke down the screen door and was trying to get through the front door when the suspect shot him. The suspect was inside his home and shot through the door. Now he is charged with murder.

Antonio Johnson, 27, was shot to death Friday afternoon at 1937 Parkdale Avenue, the home of the suspect. Police have arrested and charged with murder Mr. Johnson’s cousin, 35-year-old James C. Smith.
I would of shot the motherfucker, too. LC, why are they charging the man with murder? Wasn't he just protecting his home? If so, That's some serious BULLSHIT!

(01-01-2012, 10:17 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: she died of an OD.

Thanks! Signs_173
Henry David Thoreau
the blade

[Image: Antonio-Johnson-of-Parkdale.jpg]

Photo of Antonio Johnson, 27, who was found dead outside a Parkdale home at about 4:18 p.m. Friday.

[Image: Cousin-Antoinette-Tilman-left-sister-Sha...on-hug.jpg]

Cousin Antoinette Tilman, left, sister Shavone Belcher, and girlfriend Mariah Livingston hug near a memorial on the corner of Tecumseh and Hoag in honor of Deadrick Rocker, the city's 38th homicide victim.

[Image: picture-of-slain-Deadrick-Rocker.jpg]

Picture of slain Deadrick Rocker, the city's 38th homicide victim

Two Toledo families were mourning Saturday the deaths of two young men — both shot and killed in separate incidents that marked the final two homicides in the city for 2011.

Mr. Johnson’s mother, Lisa Wright, said her son was killed “needlessly and “senselessly” over an alleged disagreement with something posted on Facebook.

“This is senseless. He had a heart of gold. [The shooter] was upset about something posted on Facebook. My son lost his life over Facebook,” Ms. Wright said.

The two also had a disagreement over a broken signal light on a vehicle, she said.

Mr. Smith of 1937 Parkdale Ave. was arraigned Saturday in Toledo Municipal Court. He is being held in the Lucas County jail in lieu of $1 million bond.

Hours after Mr. Johnson was killed, 17-year-old Deadrick Rocker, the 38th homicide victim of 2011, was gunned down at about 11:50 p.m. Friday at the corner of Hoag and Tecumseh streets in Central Toledo as he and another teen were leaving a social gathering, said Toledo police Sgt. Joe Heffernan.

The other teen, a 16-year-old boy who has not been identified, was critically injured, authorities said.

Both boys were shot multiple times, although it’s unclear where on their bodies they were hit. Neither authorities nor family members of young Rocker could establish a clear connection between the two teens.

Lucas County Coroner Dr. James Patrick said an autopsy for the Rocker youth had not yet been set.

Police believe an initial call came in from a man who was driving in the area and saw the bodies in the street.

Both victims were taken to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, where the 17-year-old victim was pronounced dead shortly after arrival and the 16-year-old victim was taken into surgery.

Sergeant Heffernan said no suspects had been named in the later incident.

About 50 people gathered for a vigil Saturday night at the site where young Rocker — who was known to his friends and family as “Pooh” — was killed.

Shavone Belcher, the boy’s cousin, said he was “a good kid who never caused any trouble.”

Also among the mourners were young Rocker’s sisters and brother.

Pictures of the victim on Facebook show him flashing gang signs, but his best friend, Rhay Villolovos, said he was not in a gang. Esquitisha Hawkins, one of young Rocker’s sister at the vigil, said she wasn’t sure whether he was in a gang.

“He was a good person. He was always smiling and always laughing. Was he in a gang? I guess you could say that is why all these people are here,” Ms. Hawkins said of those at the vigil. “I told him to stay off these streets, but we grew up on this side of town and these are his friends too.”

The 17-year-old was living with his mother in West Toledo, Ms. Hawkins said.

Regarding Mr. Johnson’s death, Sergeant Heffernan said the circumstances for the shooting are unclear, but there appeared to be an ongoing argument between Mr. Johnson and Mr. Smith that culminated in the Friday shooting.

“Did [the suspect] shoot out of anger or did he shoot for safety? It’s a little gray right now,” Sergeant Heffernan said. The murder charge was filed after police took a statement from Mr. Smith and then consulted with the Lucas County Prosecutor’s Office, he said.

Mr. Johnson was taken to Toledo Hospital where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.

According to a police statement, Mr. Johnson, whose address was not listed, traveled to the Parkdale address at about 4:15 p.m. and pounded first on a screen door and then, after breaking that door, on the main door. Police say Mr. Smith fired one shot through the door that struck Mr. Johnson in the chest.

[Image: James-C-Smith-investigation.jpg]

With mere hours remaining in 2011, Toledo police are investigating the city’s 37th homicide of the year.

James C. Smith, 35, was charged with murder Friday evening in the shooting death of Antonio Johnson, 27, at 1937 Parkdale Avenue in the central city.

According to a police statement, Mr. Johnson, whose address was not listed, traveled to the Parkdale address at about 4:15 p.m. and pounded first on a screen door and then, after breaking that door, on the main door.

Mr. Smith, who police said resides at 1937 Parkdale, fired one shot through the door that struck Mr. Johnson in the chest.

Mr. Johnson was taken by Life Squad to Toledo Hospital, where he was declared dead.

Mr. Smith was taken to the Safety Building, where he gave investigators a statement. Upon consultation with the Lucas County Prosecutor’s office, Mr. Smith was arrested, charged with murder, and booked into the Lucas County jail, Toledo police Sgt. Tim Noble said in a prepared statement.

[Image: Homicides-in-city-of-Toledo-in-2011.jpg]