Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Presidents' Day
it's a Fed. holiday today, have a good one~~~

Until 1971, both February 12 and February 22 were observed as federal public holidays to honor the birthdays of Abraham Lincoln (February 12) and George Washington (February 22). In 1971 President Richard Nixon proclaimed one single federal public holiday, the Presidents' Day, to be observed on the 3rd Monday of February, honoring all past presidents of the United States of America.

GEORGE WASHINGTON (February 22, 1732 - December 14, 1799). Early in his life George Washington became an experienced surveyor. Following these years, he fought in the French and Indian War. After the war he returned to Mount Vernon in 1758, married Martha Dandridge in 1759, and became a planter. That same year he became involved in politics when he was elected representative to the Virginia House of Burgesses. He was a representative until 1774 when he became a delegate to the Continental Congress. In May of 1775 George Washington was appointed Commander of the American army during the Revolution. He was the first President, (1789 1797) governing the 13 states.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN (February 12, 1809 - April 15, 1865). Abe Lincoln was born into a poor family and had little formal schooling. He basically taught himself to read and write and walked long distances to borrow books. He failed in early business and political ventures, yet became President in 1861 and guided the Union through the Civil War. He shaped his own character and education as was evident in the simple language he used in his speeches. His famous Gettysburg Address was delivered in 1863. Lincoln was assassinated on April 15, 1865 during a performance at Ford's Theater in Washington just a few days after General Robert E. Lee and his army surrendered.

Attached Files
.gif   Old Glory.gif (Size: 23.07 KB / Downloads: 61)

[Image: Lincoln.gif]

[Image: George_Washington.gif]

There are a plethora of sales today. Respect-applause
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-21-2011, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

i just KNEW you would find the true patriotic significance of the day.

hah

I'm still paying off Christmas

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(02-21-2011, 12:24 PM)thekid65 Wrote:

I'm still paying off Christmas
I can damn sure relate to that.It gets better,kinda when the kids grow up and go seeking their fame and fortune as long as you dont have to send them to College.:bricking:

Find your inner zen, people. What do you really need that you don't have? I bet nothing. Just buy food. (and weed, for the potheads)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Cracker,..I always look at things like the glass is half full...not half empty.
Dont know shit about Zen tho?Do I have to hum and sit cross legged for long periods to aquire it or beat drums while watching a full moon and a clear sky?

You forgot to add the obligatory joint. Awink
Right!or those fugly nasty tasting mushrooms.
President's day here seems has turned into President's week! And all them thar Northerner's are visiting here for the week crowding up the place.hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(02-21-2011, 06:11 PM)Misguided Wrote: Cracker,..I always look at things like the glass is half full...not half empty.
Dont know shit about Zen tho?Do I have to hum and sit cross legged for long periods to aquire it or beat drums while watching a full moon and a clear sky?

Nah. If you are like me, you don't have the discipline to absorb or obey every rule that comes with a philosophy or religion.

The high points: charity, discipline, patience, strength, meditation and wisdom

In two words: Live simply.

True zen monks have few belongings: clothes (for shelter) and a bowl (for food and water). Everything else is window dressing and is not necessary. We think we need everything we have. We really don't. Most of the items in our home are for comfort and entertainment. We could survive with just shelter, food, and water. I couldn't live to that extreme, but I surely don't need all the crap around here. Next time I move I'm going to severely edit my life.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I just arrived in Lake Tahoe to NOT ski and hang out with people that I really don't like very much. He perpetually talks like a used car salesman and she is a vegan, non-drinking, zero.

Oh, the joy.
Commando Cunt Queen
Good!Glad your miserable.You deserve it.
(02-21-2011, 06:36 PM)Carsman Wrote: President's day here seems has turned into President's week! And all them thar Northerner's are visiting here for the week crowding up the place.hah

School vacation this week everyones visiting Nana&Pepe. Smiley_emoticons_wink
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-21-2011, 07:43 PM)Misguided Wrote: Good!Glad your miserable.You deserve it.

It's "you're" and you really ought to insert a space after punctuation.

Commando Cunt Queen
Hope it bugs the shit out you, bitch.Fuck you too.Bet your going to have a long night,huh?
Heh,heh,heh...too bad.
(02-21-2011, 10:17 PM)Misguided Wrote: Hope it bugs the shit out you, bitch.Fuck you too.Bet your going to have a long night,huh?
Heh,heh,heh...too bad.

You secretly desire me. I can tell.
Commando Cunt Queen