Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Republicans! Newt for President?
(03-03-2011, 10:58 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 07:00 PM)username Wrote: The horrible depression that was being predicted didn't happen

I disagree. It depends on who you ask. Many economists are referring to our current economic standing as a depression, others a double-dip recession. It's rhetoric at this point and opinions differ according what yardstick we use to measure our financial crisis.

While unemployment isn't as bad now as it was in the 30's, our debt situation is a thousand times worse. This isn't the only country suffering, so the term "depression" applied to the current world economy wouldn't be incorrect. Except in Canada and China, but fuck them.

It isn't going to be OK if we don't make major changes. This isn't self-correcting. We are self-destructing.

While I'm not homeless and I can pay my bills, many people are having a really hard time. It isn't a horrible recession at my house, but I have friends suffering. If you asked them, they would have a completely different view than yours.

There will always be individuals that are suffering. This in and of itself does not define a recession. A recession is defined as two or more consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth. This clearly does not describe the current economic environment. GDP is forecasted to be in the 3% to 3.5% range for 2011. The threat of a double-dip recession was something that was thought to possibly be in the cards for the future. Recent economic data has pushed the needle more towards recovery than a double dip recession. Employment numbers have been showing modest improvement as well as productivity numbers, corporate earnings and consumer confidence. The accomodative monetary policy, accompanied by aggressive fiscal policy, has definitely helped jump start the economy and staved off a financial collapse. You are correct in your statement that the price for recovery has been a dramatic increase in the level of government debt. However, because interest rates are very low, the debt service (the interest owed on the debt) is not out of line with historical figures. Essentially, we have borrowed from tomorrow to finance today. Unfortunately, there was little choice. If the government did not act decisively and aggressively the outcome would most likely have been much worse. If the ATM machine was no longer able to spit out $20 bills (because large numbers of banks were insolvent), then your friends and the american people would really understand what the goverment actions helped to prevent. You are correct in your concern as to what the future might bring. Loose monetary policy will most likely lead to another bubble in some asset class (e.g. real estate in an emerging market), inflation, higher interest rates and the prospect of higher taxes and austerity measures to deal with an increasing debt burden. The goverment's actions can best be described as taking the best of the bad choices offered.

How this financial crisis ends, will not be known for years to come and the causes will be argued for even longer. The severity of the worldwide economic problem dictates that the resoulution is not within the control of one man or country. The coordinated efforts of all the major countries and leaders is without precedent in history. The response, at this point, can only be considered a success given how close the world was to a total financial collapse. Stay tuned............
Commando Cunt Queen
^^^^I invited my husband to respond to a thread at Mock^^^^ hah

I lurve his smarts.

Never again but it was fun for a minute. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-04-2011, 01:33 AM)username Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 07:00 PM)username Wrote: The horrible depression that was being predicted didn't happen

I disagree. It depends on who you ask. Many economists are referring to our current economic standing as a depression, others a double-dip recession. It's rhetoric at this point and opinions differ according what yardstick we use to measure our financial crisis.

While unemployment isn't as bad now as it was in the 30's, our debt situation is a thousand times worse. This isn't the only country suffering, so the term "depression" applied to the current world economy wouldn't be incorrect. Except in Canada and China, but fuck them.

It isn't going to be OK if we don't make major changes. This isn't self-correcting. We are self-destructing.

While I'm not homeless and I can pay my bills, many people are having a really hard time. It isn't a horrible recession at my house, but I have friends suffering. If you asked them, they would have a completely different view than yours.

There will always be individuals that are suffering. This in and of itself does not define a recession. A recession is defined as two or more consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth. This clearly does not describe the current economic environment. GDP is forecasted to be in the 3% to 3.5% range for 2011. The threat of a double-dip recession was something that was thought to possibly be in the cards for the future. Recent economic data has pushed the needle more towards recovery than a double dip recession. Employment numbers have been showing modest improvement as well as productivity numbers, corporate earnings and consumer confidence. The accomodative monetary policy, accompanied by aggressive fiscal policy, has definitely helped jump start the economy and staved off a financial collapse. You are correct in your statement that the price for recovery has been a dramatic increase in the level of government debt. However, because interest rates are very low, the debt service (the interest owed on the debt) is not out of line with historical figures. Essentially, we have borrowed from tomorrow to finance today. Unfortunately, there was little choice. If the government did not act decisively and aggressively the outcome would most likely have been much worse. If the ATM machine was no longer able to spit out $20 bills (because large numbers of banks were insolvent), then your friends and the american people would really understand what the goverment actions helped to prevent. You are correct in your concern as to what the future might bring. Loose monetary policy will most likely lead to another bubble in some asset class (e.g. real estate in an emerging market), inflation, higher interest rates and the prospect of higher taxes and austerity measures to deal with an increasing debt burden. The goverment's actions can best be described as taking the best of the bad choices offered.

How this financial crisis ends, will not be known for years to come and the causes will be argued for even longer. The severity of the worldwide economic problem dictates that the resoulution is not within the control of one man or country. The coordinated efforts of all the major countries and leaders is without precedent in history. The response, at this point, can only be considered a success given how close the world was to a total financial collapse. Stay tuned............

Who is to say what constitutes a positive GDP?

where do we set the marker to measure from?

would it be from a most productive time or from a time of less growth or from a time as a producer or from a time as a consumer nation?

GDP will never again reflect the United States as a producer nation as long as the current agenda is maintained , just look at how we are measured today everything is gauged from the point of view as a consumer nation , not as a producing nation.

see ya in the funny papers ya fucking clown.

Oh by the way, when we once again feed the world we will then again be a solvent sovereign nation , until then we will owe every motherfucker on the block and some motherfucker will own us, independence is lost in debt, it's a plan and it's working because of assholes like you, fucking sheeple piss me off.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

P.S. I kept telling him to throw in a "bitch" or "fuckface" in there but strangely enough, he didn't get the concept.
Commando Cunt Queen
What do we even fucking produce anymore, for that matter? Mental cases who have troops of snot nosed welfare babies whored out in the name of entertainment?

Username, I can't, for the life of me, understand why he didn't. Smiley_emoticons_wink
(03-04-2011, 01:58 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Who is to say what constitutes a positive GDP?

would it be from a most productive time or from a time of less growth or from a time as a producer or from a time as a consumer nation?

GDP will never again reflect the United States as a producer nation as long as the current agenda is maintained , just look at how we are measured today everything is gauged from the point of view as a consumer nation , not as a producing nation.

Oh by the way, when we once again feed the world we will then again be a solvent sovereign nation , until then we will owe every motherfucker on the block and some motherfucker will own us, independence is lost in debt, it's a plan and it's working because of assholes like you, fucking sheeple piss me off.

If I spoke the language of the ignorant and uninformed I might have been able to decipher your point. I can only understand that you are an angry and impotent indivdual who wants to place blame on someone other than the people who are truly responsible - everyone of us. If you want to change the world, get your pimpled ass off the computer and get something done.

P.S. I haven't read the funny pages since third grade. At least I now know where you get your facts.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-04-2011, 02:03 AM)username Wrote: P.S. I kept telling him to throw in a "bitch" or "fuckface" in there but strangely enough, he didn't get the concept.

hahhah I'm sorry to hear that.

The pussy should learn to listen to you when you give him helpful advice.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Oh shit. That was my husband. I think he might be hooked. Look for him in the newbies thread soon.

P.S. That's all, he'll have to make his own account if he wants to participate in the future. lol.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-04-2011, 02:14 AM)username Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 01:58 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Who is to say what constitutes a positive GDP?

If I spoke the language of the ignorant and uninformed I might have been able to decipher your point. I can only understand that you are an angry and impotent indivdual who wants to place blame on someone other than the people who are truly responsible - everyone of us. If you want to change the world, get your pimpled ass off the computer and get something done.

P.S. I haven't read the funny pages since third grade. At least I now know where you get your facts.

Right, the last resort of a lost arguement is to attack the education and understanding of the one who bested you at a game you're not very fucking good at.

Perhaps you remember YOUR business surviving the Carter administration and the depression that came at the hands of a liberal ass who thought government intrusion into the private sector was the answer, that buying more from other countires and exporting jobs was the way to prosperity ? welcome to a three fold repeat of that thought process junior?

or perhaps you were a snot nosed kid during that time?

life experiance has a a way of fucking with the understanding of a school boy.

John Adams

(03-04-2011, 02:18 AM)username Wrote: Oh shit. That was my husband. I think he might be hooked. Look for him in the newbies thread soon.

P.S. That's all, he'll have to make his own account if he wants to participate in the future. lol.

Great another newbie. Russian

You know I'm just fucking around I hope he does join, he could certianly use a little real shit in his life.
John Adams

(03-03-2011, 08:12 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 07:57 PM)Carsman Wrote: The "Donald" is making noise he's considering running for president as well. He has said he will make a decision by June!!!

He just might be a kick-ass president!!! (You're "fired" China)

The Donald is a bankrupt ass, we are trying to get back on track not go bankrupt.

Fuck that phony bastard.

I'd like to be as brankrupt as he is. Can you think of a president that wasn't a phony bastard in some manner, shape of form? The Donald would fit right in!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

From the economist's outlook:
It's a "recession" when you get laid off, and a "depression" when they laid off!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(03-04-2011, 11:31 AM)Carsman Wrote:

From the economist's outlook:
It's a "recession" when you get laid off, and a "depression" when they laid off!

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
John Adams

(03-04-2011, 02:28 AM)IMaDick Wrote: You know I'm just fucking around I hope he does join, he could certianly use a little real shit in his life.

I am NOT going to encourage him to join and I don't think he really would (I hope not--Mock is for ME--I'd feel constrained, lol). But it was good for him for a minute. He can be, ummmm, a little square if you know what I mean but he was laughing when he wrote that last post. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-04-2011, 01:03 PM)username Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 02:28 AM)IMaDick Wrote: You know I'm just fucking around I hope he does join, he could certianly use a little real shit in his life.

I am NOT going to encourage him to join and I don't think he really would (I hope not--Mock is for ME--I'd feel constrained, lol). But it was good for him for a minute. He can be, ummmm, a little square if you know what I mean but he was laughing when he wrote that last post. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Kinda like sneaking into the bathroom with a sear and roebuck kinda laugh?

He needs to get out more.

John Adams

(03-03-2011, 07:57 PM)Carsman Wrote: He just might be a kick-ass president!!! (You're "fired" China)

You can't "fire" a country that owns your ass, the same way you can't fire a landlord when you have huge rent arrears dumbass.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(03-03-2011, 04:32 PM)username Wrote: (Reuters) - Former House of Representatives Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Thursday he will explore a 2012 presidential run in the weeks ahead as he edged closer to a formal Republican candidacy.

[Image: newt.jpg]

Is that the best you can do? Smiley_emoticons_razz

j/k, I may vote Republican myself but I hope the party fields some better candidates than Newt (and please God, not Sarah Palin--I'd have to vote against her if she won the Republican nomination).

If Newt or Palin go up against Obama Michelle may as well start planning her schedule as first lady for the next six years right now.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(03-04-2011, 02:23 AM)IMaDick Wrote: that buying more from other countires and exporting jobs was the way to prosperity ?

This was also the policy of the Bush administration, I can't remember you complaining about it then dickhead.

Twat
(03-05-2011, 10:42 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 02:23 AM)IMaDick Wrote: that buying more from other countires and exporting jobs was the way to prosperity ?

This was also the policy of the Bush administration, I can't remember you complaining about it then dickhead.

Twat

I'm sure there are a lot of things you don't remember, they are deguised as things you never knew to begin with.

who actually set up nafta? who actually set up the free trade Zones?

who actually set up our trade with red China?

see more things you don't remember because you never knew them to begin with.

John Adams