Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Courtney Overy, 14, missing --- Toledo OH
Just wanted to share this because I know there are alot of people from Toledo on this board

TOLEDO, OH (WTVG) -- A 14-year-old special-needs teen is missing.

Toledo police have been searching for her since around ten last night.

Courtney Overy was last seen in the 5700 block of Ryewyck. Toledo police searched a building in the area.

Investigators say they're talking to friends and knocking on doors. They're also checking the sexual predator registration.

Her mom, Julie Hickey, told us, "Courtney doesn't understand there are bad people out there that can hurt. She understands right from wrong but she learns in repetition so she doesn't recognize people after meeting them."

Courtney was last seen wearing black pants, a brown jacket and silver high heels and was pushing a plastic baby stroller.

She has blonde hair and blue eyes, is 5'6" to 5'8" and about 110 pounds.

If you know anything, call crime stoper at 419 - 255 - 1111.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) – A south Toledo teenager with special needs was reported missing by her family Thursday night.

Courtney Overy, 14, was last seen around 6 p.m. outside of her home on Ryewyck Drive in south Toledo.

Police and parents say Overy has the the mental capacity of a 5-year-old. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone who may have seen her is urged to call CrimeStopper at 419-255-1111.

thanks for posting this, i just saw it on news when i got home. very worrisome. i'd like to know extent of her disabilities...how vulnerable she may be.
from what her mom says, she is very vulnerable. :(

You're welcome LC, I'm glad I have a place to share it Smiley_emoticons_smile

She went missing about a block from my house. From the article it says she has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. I find it worrisome as well. She's been missing for 21 hours now, it's been cold & raining here. No reports of her stroller she was pushing being found & apparently she had on high heels!?!? I think someone in a car snatched her up :(
Blade says she was seen talking to a man. and local sex offenders have been interviewed.

[Image: Missing-Overy.jpg]

A coworker of mine just shared with me that a friend of hers was at Meijer in Maumee yesterday and she saw the little girl pushing the stroller along the sidewalk. She lived a significant distance away from Meijer, why was she alone?????
I just saw this a bit ago too. Wasn't there another special needs girl that went missing in Toledo awhile back? I can't remember the particulars, but it seems she turned up dead in a warehouse downtown?
This just in . SHe has been found http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14188117
Great News Sincere, thanks!
but now...where was she? with whom?

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) – A south Toledo teenager with special needs who was reported missing by her family has been found safe Friday afternoon.

According to officials, Courtney Overy, 14, is being taken to the hospital to be checked out by her parents.

Overy was last seen around 6 p.m. Thursday outside of her home on Ryewyck Drive in south Toledo. Family members say the girl has the mindset of a five-year-old.

Overy's parents say she disappeared after she went outside to play across the street.

"They've checked the building that she was supposedly at and there's nothing - no evidence of her being over there," said Julie Hickey, Overy's mother.

Family and friends put together hundreds of flyers with Overy's picture on them hoping someone will know something about her sudden disappearance.

"There's a lot of bad people out there. You never think this is going to happen to you," said Dale Overy, the missing girl's father.

Overy says he searched an area behind the house, which is feet from the Ohio Turnpike.

"I walked back there and started searching through trash cans and I don't even know why," Overy said.

"The access where the cars and trucks would get on and off is quite a ways from her house and we had no indication that she ever wandered that far away from the house to that particular area," said Toledo Police Department's Missing Persons Unit Detective Vince Maurow.

Toledo police continue door-to-door searches of homes and businesses in the area.

Anyone who may have seen her is urged to call CrimeStopper at 419-255-1111.

(03-04-2011, 05:37 PM)Sincere Wrote: This just in . SHe has been found http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14188117

Excellent news! I have to say though, if you had a 13 year with the mindset of a 5 year old would you let them go across the street to play alone? I have a 6.5 year old and I don't let him play out front alone or even out back for more than a couple minutes. And where was she? They say the building she "supposedly" was? This article is shitty.
Some comments left under the article on FB:

Myself and a few neighbors have been searching since 9am. Going back at 6 to help search some more. Anyone interested in help should jus go over there. She is a wanderer so its possible she just walked off and is lost but she is also the most trusting little girl and would probably go with anyone!!! Prayers people!!

Ive known Courtney since I moved there 4 years ago and yes, she is a wanderer, but I also saw her walking the streets everyday, day and night, and as scary as it is I dont believe she got lost because she knows the neighborhood so damn well. Everyday she asked to play with my daughter and sometimes she did, I hope to god they find her! **********************

I hate to blame the parents right now & I do hope she's found safe but if this child had the mental capacity of a 5 year old, why was she permitted to "wander" around day or night? Ryewycke is off of a very busy 4 lane street.

I just got home, saw 2 police cruisers turning to go toward her house. The whole time I was out driving I was looking for anyone that looked like her or even her stroller she was last seen with. It would be nice if LE would form a organized search. Raising a Prince, Meijer in Maumee is a good ways away when you're walking, I didn't think there were even sidewalks around there.... guess I never payed much attention though. It's rare to see anyone walking in that area.
Oh this is great news!!!! Now I can feel better about blaming her parents Smiley_emoticons_smile I hope she wasn't hurt in anyway while she was who knows where all night
This is unofficial but one of the women who posted one of the comments on FB, I quoted, posted this comment:

Guys, she was raped! She was found walking over by Andover apartments in Maumee crying. Thanks god she was found alive but not unharmed!

(03-04-2011, 05:46 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote: Oh this is great news!!!! Now I can feel better about blaming her parents Smiley_emoticons_smile

hah

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Just watched the news and they showed her being carried to a car so she could be taken to a local hospital for a " checkup" . SHe appeared to be fine . But with a special needs child , you dont really know if she has been through a traumatic experience. Her mother and grandmother were there with her . They didn't say who or how she was found . Probably have more on the story at 6 .Will let you know if I hear anything ..
if the poor child was raped, that information will be protected as much as possible. but they will seek out the bastard.

(03-04-2011, 05:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 05:46 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote: Oh this is great news!!!! Now I can feel better about blaming her parents Smiley_emoticons_smile

hah

who is your avatar a pic of?

A missing Toledo teenager is back with her mother Friday night. 14-year-old Courtney Overy was reported missing late Thursday.

Courtney, who is described as having special needs, is being medically evaluated, but she is alive and with her family. Police think she was lured into a car by two men, only to be found a day later two miles away from her home.

A nearly 24-hour search ended with relief. Toledo police say the teen disappeared Thursday evening around six o'clock near her mother's home on the 5700 block of Ryewyck.

According to investigators, two men drove up to her and ordered her to get in their vehicle. She refused. That's when detectives say one man got out, grabbed Courtney around the throat and forced her into the car.

The next day, around four in the afternoon, a group of teenagers spotted Courtney walking past Andover Apartments, near Eastgate and Heatherdowns. The kids called police, who took the girl to the hospital for an evaluation.
Dale Overy is Courtney's father. He says, "When she came to the hospital, I seen her and she's like, 'Hi, daddy,' you know. I gave her a hug and she just seemed cheerful."

His family describes Courtney as having special needs. Her disappearance had them searching all night. Now, Courtney is in good hands, and her case is in the hands of police.

There is no word yet on a motive or how Courtney got away. Police are searching for the two suspects who abducted her. Signs_173

Add 1 more point to why Toledo is a shit hole please
Says she was seen being kidnapped by 2 guys. what kinds of fucks would do this. If she was seen by meijers also, she really had a strange journey.
A local crime reporter I spoke with yesterday was in great fear for this young woman. I could relate, as we did have a young woman disappear in Toledo last year who was special needs, and murdered. Her alleged killer is awaiting trial.

Thankfully this recent missing child has been found. I hope she is physically and mentally unharmed. I hate and get very disgusted with situations involving children.

The reporters candid comments about the interior of the family dwelling, and mother = disturbing. Which furthers my belief that some people should not be allowed to raise a child in this world. Just saying...
[Image: Anim_resist.gif]