Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Courtney Overy, 14, missing --- Toledo OH
(03-05-2011, 11:30 AM)FutileResistance Wrote: The reporters candid comments about the interior of the family dwelling, and mother = disturbing. Which furthers my belief that some people should not be allowed to raise a child in this world. Just saying...

expand please
The Blade:
A developmentally disabled girl who went missing Thursday evening and was found late Friday in South Toledo was abducted by two men who forced her into their vehicle near her home, police said.
No arrests have been made.

Courtney Overy, 14, was ordered by her abductors, described as two black males, to get into their vehicle in the 5700 block of Ryewyck Drive at about 6 p.m. Thursday, police said. When she refused, one of them grabbed her by the throat and forced her into the car.

Her disappearance resulted in an all-night search by officers who went door-to-door with the girl's photo in the Ryewyck neighborhood.

Police continued searching on Friday, along with friends and family members of Courtney, and spoke with registered sex offenders in the area. They received at least 10 tips from callers.

Alex Hickey, stepfather, and a searcher:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-05-2011, 01:18 PM)notsure Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 11:30 AM)FutileResistance Wrote: The reporters candid comments about the interior of the family dwelling, and mother = disturbing. Which furthers my belief that some people should not be allowed to raise a child in this world. Just saying...

expand please

The opinion was that the home was filthy and that it was an uncomfortable place to be in as its appearance was "gross". Not that this was the reason the child ran away or anything. It was an observation of living conditions.
[Image: Anim_resist.gif]
it appears from reports she did not 'run away', but was snatched by 2 black males, who are being sought.

(03-06-2011, 08:51 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: it appears from reports she did not 'run away', but was snatched by 2 black males, who are being sought.

I really hope that there was atleast one credible eye witness with more of a suspect discription than "2 black males" Otherwise they may never be found. Unless they left behind some type of DNA & they're in the database. I'm under the impression that they don't & that the 2 black males description came from the child. I would think if they had more they would have released a description of the vehicle.
(03-06-2011, 08:46 AM)FutileResistance Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 01:18 PM)notsure Wrote:

expand please

The opinion was that the home was filthy and that it was an uncomfortable place to be in as its appearance was "gross". Not that this was the reason the child ran away or anything. It was an observation of living conditions.

Aside form the interior of the home, I hope that CSB gets involved. I'd hate to think of the child being farther traumatized by being removed from the home, but at the very least, the parents need a lesson in parenting. Secondary to the men who grabbed her, I'm pissed that there are parents in this world who think there's nothing wrong with letting their mentally retarded child wander around the streets alone in the dark. They last saw her at 6pm and they didn't notice or seem to care that she was gone until 9-10 pm? WTF!!! & her father gets on the news & says "I know there are bad people in the world" Well then why in the fuck do you allow your child out alone to run into these bad people, knowing that she's friendly, trusting & doesn't have the ability, mentally to distinguish between the bad & the good. I have a VERY hard time feeling sympathy for parents who don't think, set their children up for something like this happening & then get on TV & fucking cry about it. You stupid motherfuckin dipshit douchebags!!!!! Their daughter suffered the consequences of her fucked up parents unfortunatly. Being that this child has a mental disability only made her MORE vulnerable to something like this happening & if she is the only witness, her attackers, these disgusting pigs, may never be caught.
i wholeheartedly agree Bait, and feel certain child services will be involved now. if they haven't been before.

video news report here:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=7996161

(03-04-2011, 05:00 PM)purplepegasus Wrote: I just saw this a bit ago too. Wasn't there another special needs girl that went missing in Toledo awhile back? I can't remember the particulars, but it seems she turned up dead in a warehouse downtown?

The woman you are talking about is Cindy Sumner. She disappeared in August of 2009. People searched for weeks before her body was found in an abandoned warehouse. Nobody has yet to be charged for her murder.
[Image: 155fs853955.gif] I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. [Image: 5yjbztv.gif]

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Police have arrested a man in connection of a south Toledo teenager who went missing and later found early last month.

Ricky Jamison, 49, of Toledo was arrested on the 4200 block of Keygate Drive on Wednesday morning. After an interrogation, he was then charged with rape.

The victim, Courtney Overy, 14, is a special needs teen who was reported missing last month by her family before being found safe the following day.

She was located in the same area where Jamison was arrested.
I was able to see his booking photo here

http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/ftproot/nor...ummary.pdf

but I don't know how to copy a picture from that sight (if you even can) He looks like a big guy. I'm glad they caught him.

I'm glad they caught him. I know who the little girl is. She used to come out and talk to me at my daughter's bus stop. Very sad to hear she was raped.
i often checked on this story, i'm so glad they got him! filthy scum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/19358...kidnapping

Toledo man sentenced to 40 years for rape, kidnapping
^ good for the worthless SOB
Hope the parents quit letting her wander.