Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Royals ~

I'm posting this for LC. Yeah Yeah. I know I'm a little out there but she loved this shit and I need to bump this thread occasionally or it would get buried.

[Image: article-2475673-18F595DF00000578-418_964x790.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think I heard LC say thanks.

They really are a perfect looking family!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Well, you know how she felt about all things British, even that silly royal family.
They do look good. But they need to get that boy out of that dress!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Saw this in the CNN newsfeed this morning. It's kind of a cool thing that Prince Harry is doing.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX2VY-KUIE4AE4Qkn0vJo...LMzqXo9c8K]

Walking With the Wounded
is a charity that assists wounded war veterans.

Prince Harry --a member of Britain's armed forces, having served in Afghanistan and elsewhere -- has had a long association with this charity.

In several ways, he's been preparing for this latest mission for a long time. That includes taking part in a Walking With The Wounded expedition to the North Pole -- even plunging into the Arctic Ocean's freezing waters -- in 2011 before withdrawing to attend his brother William's wedding. More recently, he traveled to Iceland for training and even spent 24 hours in an industrial freezer in preparation for the South Pole race.

The three teams of seven participants each represent the United Kingdom, United States and the Commonwealth, which consists of several countries long affiliated with the British empire.

The plan was to trek more than 200 miles (322 kilometers) across the sparse continent, in temperatures as low as -35 degrees Celsius (-31 Fahrenheit).

While the competition was halted due to safety concerns related to terrain, the excursion is still underway.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/07/world/sout...ace-harry/

I saw him when he began this. I give him credit for not being a pansyass royal.
(12-10-2013, 11:11 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Saw this in the CNN newsfeed this morning. It's kind of a cool thing that Prince Harry is doing.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX2VY-KUIE4AE4Qkn0vJo...LMzqXo9c8K]

Walking With the Wounded
is a charity that assists wounded war veterans.

Prince Harry --a member of Britain's armed forces, having served in Afghanistan and elsewhere -- has had a long association with this charity.

In several ways, he's been preparing for this latest mission for a long time. That includes taking part in a Walking With The Wounded expedition to the North Pole -- even plunging into the Arctic Ocean's freezing waters -- in 2011 before withdrawing to attend his brother William's wedding. More recently, he traveled to Iceland for training and even spent 24 hours in an industrial freezer in preparation for the South Pole race.

The three teams of seven participants each represent the United Kingdom, United States and the Commonwealth, which consists of several countries long affiliated with the British empire.

The plan was to trek more than 200 miles (322 kilometers) across the sparse continent, in temperatures as low as -35 degrees Celsius (-31 Fahrenheit).

While the competition was halted due to safety concerns related to terrain, the excursion is still underway.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/07/world/sout...ace-harry/

I would do more for charity if my role in life was being spoonfed from birth with millions of pounds of taxpayers money.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Isn't there some kind of royal rule that one doesn't touch royalty? I ask because LeBron James was all over Kate at a game last night.

Well, maybe not all over but his arm was around her.
(12-09-2014, 06:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Isn't there some kind of royal rule that one doesn't touch royalty? I ask because LeBron James was all over Kate at a game last night.

I was bored so I did some Googling...

I found this story about the queen, but nothing for the rest of the family.

I also found this story about specific rules for Kate-though I think she's broken most of them.

Thanks!

She can't eat seafood, none of the royal family can. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
The Monopoly rule cracks me up.

Yeah. Gotta protect the royals from the viciousness of that board game.
Funny thing, a co-worker today was being all bitchy about all the press coverage. I remarked that while I am not a huge royal follower, I would rather read about them every day of the week if it means one less article about cops behaving badly, or riots, or killings.
Also told my coworker about a recently deceased friend who was a big fan of the family, and how , had she lived, she would have been absolutely gaga over William and Kate being here. I told him she passed before they were married and had George but probably would have sent a baby gift, LOL Bass Ass Grin

LC would have been all over this birth.

William & Kate have another baby, a little girl this time. No name yet. I hope it's something pretty, like Elizabeth.

These pix were taken 10 hours after she gave birth. They are on their way back home.

[Image: 283DE28400000578-3044227-image-a-65_1430587864097.jpg]

[Image: 283DF6E700000578-3044227-image-a-85_1430588278637.jpg]

[Image: 283CD57A00000578-3044227-image-m-8_1430580210410.jpg]
Hope she gets her moms facial features!
I've never had much interest in the royals. I don't know why.

My mom does though. She told me the baby's name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Pretty.
I like Charlotte.

Hope they don't call her 'Char'.

My mom and grandmother were very much 'into' the Royals and British history in general, so a lot has rubbed off on me through the years.
(05-04-2015, 03:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've never had much interest in the royals. I don't know why.

My mom does though. She told me the baby's name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Pretty.

Named for Grandpa Charles, Great Grandma and Grandma