If you could only have one food for the rest of your life
post it note Wrote:yeah if we want to eat like fairies....I get a nice 36oz porter house and grill it once a month...now that's a meal!

I do a combo, dudeness. I busted out of the pool to grill ... that damn pool always gets me so hungry. Throwing my daughter around burns off calories I tell ya. Today I grilled corn on the cob and some burgers. We were outside and we wanted to use the buns we still had. I had never grilled corn on the cob on the grill before, believe it or not, even though I have been grilling for so many years. My wife or someone just always made that shit inside. Anyway, I did it and it came out great. You get them very wet, roll them in tin foil and slap them on medium heat. They got done sooner than in boiling water, too .. just like 6 minutes .. instead of the 10 I've done in boiling water.
Wasn't that a great story!? ::bravo::
86 112
The Antagonist Wrote:36oz? Who are you? Fred Flintstone?

::lmao:: I missed that ... 36 oz! ::blink::
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:
post it note Wrote:yeah if we want to eat like fairies....I get a nice 36oz porter house and grill it once a month...now that's a meal!

I do a combo, dudeness. I busted out of the pool to grill ... that damn pool always gets me so hungry. Throwing my daughter around burns off calories I tell ya. Today I grilled corn on the cob and some burgers. We were outside and we wanted to use the buns we still had. I had never grilled corn on the cob on the grill before, believe it or not, even though I have been grilling for so many years. My wife or someone just always made that shit inside. Anyway, I did it and it came out great. You get them very wet, roll them in tin foil and slap them on medium heat. They got done sooner than in boiling water, too .. just like 6 minutes .. instead of the 10 I've done in boiling water.
Igrill the corn right in the husk, I just pull the stringy stuff out first. Beats the hell out of boiling them.

Stick the corn with husks on into the microwave, it works great.
The Antagonist Wrote:36oz? Who are you? Fred Flintstone?

Yeah, I'm cutting down these days...I used to get the 42oz....I only cook it for about 5 minutes too...just enough to warm it up, like a fresh kill....
sally Wrote:
Middle Finger Wrote:

Igrill the corn right in the husk, I just pull the stringy stuff out first. Beats the hell out of boiling them.
I used to pull the silk out first...now I just chuck them on the grill and pull it out when it's done, it actually easier too me...
Fuck, now I'm super hungry...I gotta go mow the yard then I'll thow the NY strips and COTC I have in the fidge on the grill...
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Or breakfast cereals morning, noon and night.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Elvis lives! :cool:

Or welsh rarebit with worcestershire sauce.

What you would call a "grilled cheese".
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Or welsh rarebit with worcestershire sauce.

I have a 50 year old cook book with a recipe for Welsh rabbit with beer. It's not exactly like grilled cheese. You melt the cheese, beer, and worcestershire andserve it over crusty rye bread. I've haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good.
When preparing English food never wash your hands........it adds an air of ambiance.Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
sally Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Or welsh rarebit with worcestershire sauce.

I have a 50 year old cook book with a recipe for Welsh rabbit with beer. It's not exactly like grilled cheese. You melt the cheese, beer, and worcestershire andserve it over crusty rye bread. I've haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good.

i love that stuff! it was comfort food when we were kids, my Mom served it on Italian bread. delicious! you need a good cheddar in my opinion. 70

Sally, i have a circa 1960 cookbook called "the good fare and cheer of olde England". it's fun to read and has lots of historical lithographs. you might like it, i found it at Amazon, used of course.

Pumped beef, steamed cauliflower and white sauce... in a heartbeat
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
crash Wrote:Pumped beef, steamed cauliflower and white sauce... in a heartbeat
What is pumped beef?:shock:
Beef silverside pumped with brine.... or corned beef, corned silverside...whichever
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
ahh, I love corned beef with a passion.
Are Raccons edible?...........Just wondering.:Angel:
Never mind!.......

While primarily hunted

[Image: eating-02.gif]
for their fur, raccoons were also a source of food for Native Americans[210] and barbecued raccoon was a traditional food on American farms.[211] It was often a festive meal. Raccoon was eaten by American slaves at Christmas
The crazy sci-fi twilight zone marathon made me do do this.:Blush: