Time Fuckup?
My system clock is telling me it's an hour earlier than it actually is.

WTF?

Is anyone else having that issue? I bet it's that damned DST change. Apparently, my computer thinks it's time to 'fall back', and it isn't yet.

Although, that shouldn't be happening since I have it set to synchronize with the online time server. ::dunno::
It probably is the DST thing. We do it about two weeks later than we used to so your computer may be set with the old schedule.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:It probably is the DST thing. We do it about two weeks later than we used to so your computer may be set with the old schedule.
yeah... I think the time change used to be in October?

fuck. What a stupid thing to move around. As if we need a 'time change' anyway.
My computer matches my watch, so unless those two have been messing around behind my back, I think I'm okay.
The DST settings have nothing to do with the time server. The time servers are all set to GMT without DST adjustment.

Everyone here using Win2K and later should open a command prompt and issue this command:
net time /setsntp:"0.pool.ntp.org 1.pool.ntp.org 2.pool.ntp.org"

Which will take care of setting your time servers to some of the best in the nation.

Now, all that being said... it could be a fuck up in WINBLOWS itself causing it, because Winblows is responsible for adjusting the time code received from the ntp server for both your time zone and your DST settings. Double check to make sure both your time zone and check box for Auto-Adjust DST are set. Though I'm sure you did that already.

The other option it may be is a virus. I can't remember what the name of it is, but there is a virus that messes with your clock, amongst other things.
D Wrote:The DST settings have nothing to do with the time server. The time servers are all set to GMT without DST adjustment.
Yes, but then Windows adjusts that time according to whether or not it's DST in your area. And my copy isn't aware that DST now ends NEXT weekend (apparently), instead of this weekend.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/...ekend.html

:;beat::

The fix: http://www.vsu.edu/pages/3779.asp
Which is why I said its something wrong with Winblows Smiley_emoticons_wink
D Wrote:Which is why I said its something wrong with Winblows Smiley_emoticons_wink
Yeah... but that's like going up to someone who's just been hit in the head with a sledgehammer and saying "Hey, you must have a headache".

SyberBitch Wrote:
D Wrote:Which is why I said its something wrong with Winblows Smiley_emoticons_wink
Yeah... but that's like going up to someone who's just been hit in the head with a sledgehammer and saying "Hey, you must have a headache".
True. And after all, your little animated banner of wit says it all. "If at first you don't succeed, you must be installing Windows."
No probs with my "terrible Vista" machine.::bigg::
[Image: alcatraz-prison-picture2-1.jpg]
[Image: what_manner.gif]
If mine lies to me about the time I'm gonna smash it good.
twisteroo Wrote:If mine lies to me about the time I'm gonna smash it good.
Great, another computer hating skitzo... just what we all needed. Smiley_emoticons_wink
LKTraz Wrote:No probs with my "terrible Vista" machine.::bigg::
Also, no problems with folks who have taken the plunge and installed SP3 on their XP machines.... which I have not.

Just the fact that your machine has allowed MS to silently patch it, along with god knows what else they've surreptitiously installed on your machine, doesn't make Vista 'better' than XP.