Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Holly Bobo, 20, Tenn. missing. & Karen Swift
[Image: bilde?Site=DQ&Date=20110421&Category=NEW...0&Border=0]

PARSONS — A thunderstorm knocked out power but didn't dampen the spirits of hundreds of people during a prayer vigil Wednesday night for missing nursing student Holly Bobo.

Songs and words of hope were echoed from those who spoke during the vigil for the 20-year-old at the Decatur County Fairgrounds. T-shirts were abound with messages such as "Pray for Holly's Safe Return" and "Foot Soldiers for Holly" and gospel music was sung by the praise team at Corinth Baptist Church where Bobo attends.

this from a blog, news.gather.com, is very true!

On 'Nancy Grace': Holly Bobo Spokesperson Proves Useless

During a live via-video interview with Kevin Bromley, a so-called spokesperson for the Bobo family, Deborah Norville asked all the right questions but got no answers. Anytime Norville, filling in for Nancy Grace, asked the man a question, he dodged it, refusing to answer.

"Like I said, I'm the family spokesperson," Bromley would repeat over-and-over throughout the interview.

Norville told Bromley that a cousin of the Bobos claimed that Clint took a lie detector test and passed. When she asked if this could be confirmed, he refused to answer. He also wouldn't answer any questions regarding the rest of the family taking polygraph tests. When he was asked about what exactly Clint Bobo saw on the morning Holly Bobo was abducted, he refused to answer. He claimed that Clint never told him.

Duh

[Image: bromley.jpg]

Attempted Abduction Could Be Related To Holly Bobo Case

Posted: Apr 21, 2011 6:17 PM CDT

CENTERVILLE, Tenn. - Police are now looking into an attempted abduction in Hickman County and if it might be connected to the Holly Bobo case.

Heather Sullivan told police about three months ago, a man grabbed her as she walked out of her Centerville home.

She dropped a lamp, and the man took off.

Centerville is about 45-miles from Bobo's hometown of Parsons in Decatur County.

The 20-year-old nursing student hasn't been seen since last Wednesday. Her brother told authorities that he saw a man dressed in camouflage walk her into the woods.

Since then, hundreds of volunteers have scoured the area surrounding her home, as well as Natchez Trace State Park in neighboring Henderson County. Her lunchbox was found about eight miles from her home on Gooch Road last week.

The TBI has also analyzed blood found on the carport of her home, but has not released who it belongs to.

The community held a candlelight vigil on Wednesday night to mark the one-week anniversary of her disappearance. Strong storms pushed through, knocking out the power—but the vigil went on by candlelight as the attendees sang "Amazing Grace".

Police have not identified any suspects in the case.

Past Stories:

April 20: Vigil Held To Mark 1-Week Since Holly Bobo's Disappearance
April 19: Day 7 Of Search For Holly Bobo In Decatur County
April 18: $75,000 Reward Offered In Search For Holly Bobo
April 17: Volunteers Gather for Missing Woman Search
April 16: Family, Friends Continue Search for Missing Woman
April 15: Lunchbox Of Missing Woman Found In Decatur County
April 14: Family Pleads For Help Finding Missing Decatur Co. Woman
April 13: Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/144940...-bobo-case
This beautiful young lady (Holly Bobo) only lives 3 counties away from me! This is terrible. I feel for her family and friends. To me this doesnt sound good. =(
Police are now looking into an attempted abduction in Hickman County and if it might be connected to the Holly Bobo case.

i don't buy it.

night falls again.

willnunley Will Nunley
ATV'S, horses, walking teams all encouraged to return in force. #hollybobo #teamholly
54 minutes ago
»
Will Nunley
willnunley Will Nunley
THP: volunteer shuttles will begin departing the fairgrounds at 7am and run non-stop all day. #hollybobo
55 minutes ago

how do t-shirts help in a search? the reward is extremely high already thanks to the governor. $75.K . higher than for any other missing person in Tenn. history. why is that? is the pretty blonde more important? an amber alert that does not meet the criteria for under age 17? we should give the family money? why? i think this t-shirt crap in missing persons cases is total bullshit. in fact i think something about this family is total bullshit. just my gut speaking, IMO.

WBBJ

There is a new way you can show your support in the search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo.

Amerawear in Lexington has been asked by the Bobo family to print t-shirts. The company said it is receiving between 300 to 500 calls a day for the shirts. Workers said they cannot seem to print enough to keep up with demand.

The shirt reads "Pray for Holly's Safe Return" on the back and has a pink ribbon on the front along with Bobo's name.
"We're going to print one thousand more t-shirts Thursday and hopefully we'll be able to continue this until we have sold enough to cover the reward the family has offered," said Steve Hinson of Amerawear.

All of the proceeds from the sale of the shirt will go to fund the reward the family has established and any remaining money raised will go to the family.

The shirts range from $12 to $15 and are available at Parsons Florist in Parsons.

WREG

* Search expands to new parts of Natchez Trace State Park
* Authorities are asking for 1500 volunteers a day over the weekend
* Family and friends still believe Holly is alive

(Memphis 4/22/11) Investigators had most search parties scouring Natchez Trace State Park on Friday, including a couple of new areas they hadn't yet tried.

They also had people retracing steps in places they had already been, to make sure nothing was missed.

Close to 800 volunteers reported to help on Friday during daylight, falling short of the 1500 authorities asked for each day of the holiday weekend.

TBI did not confirm any new information on Friday, and continued to say the DNA tests on blood found outside the Bobo home could not be released.

The Decatur County Sheriff called the search results "very frustrating."

As everyone grows physically weary, they all stay emotionally determined to bring Holly home safely.

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to Holly herself.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

So far 2,500 shirts have been sold at $12 apiece.

Holly's pastor from Corinth Baptist Church is planning a special Easter sunrise service at the Decatur County Fairgrounds on Sunday.

(04-22-2011, 08:53 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

Her mother plans to give the money to Holly when she returns home so she can take a vacation? WTH?!! If (and it's a big "if) Holly returns alive, she's going to need therapy not a nice trip away from it all. I understand the family's need to deny Holly may be dead, but this is insane...not to mention selling shirts showing her mother's favorite sculpture rather than Holly's photo and LE's phone number to contact with information.

This case gets stranger by the day.

(04-22-2011, 08:53 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

So far 2,500 shirts have been sold at $12 apiece.

A $30,000 fun money fund. How strange.

(04-22-2011, 12:48 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: in fact i think something about this family is total bullshit. just my gut speaking, IMO.

I'm right there with you LC. I think Holly's brother has changed his story at least once, resulting in the perception the media and authorities can't get the facts straight.

Question to you LC - what was your take on her mother during the parents' press conference? Did you get the sense her emotions were real or forced?
(04-22-2011, 09:35 PM)Love Hippos Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 12:48 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: in fact i think something about this family is total bullshit. just my gut speaking, IMO.

I'm right there with you LC. I think Holly's brother has changed his story at least once, resulting in the perception the media and authorities can't get the facts straight.

Question to you LC - what was your take on her mother during the parents' press conference? Did you get the sense her emotions were real or forced?

this is terrible i suppose, but i felt she deserved "worst actress of the year" award. there was not one tear in that whole moaning collapsing display.

that doesn't mean i don't think she is frantic. but something is off. maybe it's the brother. we have not seen or heard from him. and the story he told hasn't added up.

something is just not right.

[/quote]

this is terrible i suppose, but i felt she deserved "worst actress of the year" award. there was not one tear in that whole moaning collapsing display.

that doesn't mean i don't think she is frantic. but something is off. maybe it's the brother. we have not seen or heard from him. and the story he told hasn't added up.

something is just not right.

[/quote]

She may have been heavily medicated or psychologically numb and unable to produce real tears, but I got a disturbing deja vu feeling I was watching the Susan Smith presser all over again. I sure hope I'm wrong.

The blog at http://www.beautymadefresh.net/2011/04/d...o.html?m=1 has some interesting comments.
[/quote]

The blog at http://www.beautymadefresh.net/2011/04/d...o.html?m=1 has some interesting comments.
[/quote]

...if you ignore the conspiracy posts by Anonymous.
(04-22-2011, 09:55 PM)Love Hippos Wrote: The blog at http://www.beautymadefresh.net/2011/04/d...o.html?m=1 has some interesting comments.

A Who's Who from the comments on that site:

Holly Bobo’s father Dana Bobo
Holly Bobo’s mother Karen Bobo
Holly Bobo’s brother Clint Bobo, 25 years old
Holly Bobo’s cousin Whitney Duncan, country music singer
Holly Bobo’s cousin Natalie Bobo (has been in media)
Holly Bobo’s boyfriend Drew Scott
Holly Bobo’s ex-boyfriend not yet confirmed
Bobo family spokesperson Kevin Bromley, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Parsons, TN
Bobo family friend Tammy Ramey (has been in media)
Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt
TBI Director Mark Gwyn
TBI Agent John Mehr
TBI Agent Kristin Helm
Decatur County EMA Director Kevin Cagle
Tennessee Highway Patrol Lieutenant Brad Wilbanks
Reporter Will Nunley, WBBJ
Saturday

willnunley
509 volunteers as of 1:00 pm. #teamholly
32 minutes ago
»
Will Nunley
Rescue workers man the '5 forks' command post, the first search site, just up the road from the Bobo property. http://bit.ly/eCNzEx
48 minutes ago
»
Will Nunley

Authorities stand guard outside of the Bobo home, 24 hours a day. http://bit.ly/dLANBp #hollybobo
51 minutes ago
»
Will Nunley
Source: at least three command posts remain active around different parts of Decatur County as of this moment. #hollybobo
57 minutes ago
»
Will Nunley

Source: at least three command posts remain active around different parts of Decatur County as of this moment. #hollybobo
58 minutes ago
»
Will Nunley

Reminder: all public search parties are organized and guided by emergency leaders. Sign up at decatur county fairgrounds. #hollybobo
2 hours ago

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They are hoping for 1500 volunteers/day over the weekend (even on Easter) to search.

Forensic astrologers (FWIW) say the perp is a friend turned abductor (either real ex BF or someone who thought he was in a relationship with her) and that she's in water in the woods within 3 or 3.5 miles south or southeast of the home.

I read on a different site that there are a few ponds south of the family home, maybe even on their own property.
i just as soon listen to bozo the clown as to that ws forensic astrology horsepucky. of course she's probably in the woods or water.

Well, if she's decapitated (or injuries to head or neck), they called that too.
Unless the family's been threatened, I can't think of any other reason for 24-hour protection.
Could the police just be keeping an eye on the family, using 24 hr protection as a pretense?
(04-23-2011, 05:43 PM)soothsayer Wrote: Could the police just be keeping an eye on the family, using 24 hr protection as a pretense?

Good point!