I am sick of the Michael Jackson coverage
I am SO sick of MJ coverage on TV, I could just scream. I know he had die hard fans and all, and I can appreciate his past talent, but enough already.

::insanity::
Good thing I don't watch TV.
I have this strange urge to play Billy Jean and moon walk ::dunno::
I have an urge to dress up like Liza Minelli and marry a gay man.
QueenBee Wrote:I am SO sick of MJ coverage on TV, I could just scream. I know he had die hard fans and all, and I can appreciate his past talent, but enough already.

::insanity::
It really does show how fucking shallow we are here in the states...I tried to watch some fucking national 'news' and it was all MJ except for one short token announcement of the Iran situation. Sorry people, but I find that far more important to our future than whether the "kink of poop" died of a fucking OD or naturally. News agencies are a fucking joke and have been ever since they started being bought up to be mouthpieces for the corporations about Nixon's time. I have to watch LINK TV just to get any fucking real news!!!!

He ain't comin' back...can we move on now for christ's sake?
Fug duh kund
I hear ya, Luke. for God's sake...on one report they actually segued from MJ to the protests in Iran.
Is it worse than the Anna Nicole circus? At least Jackson had a good reason (besides the pedo charges) that he was famous.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Is it worse than the Anna Nicole circus? At least Jackson had a good reason (besides the pedo charges) that he was famous.

It is much worse in my opinion. Think Diana. Yeah, he was a good singer before he got wierd but still. He will not be any less dead if you hold back on the wall to wall coverage.

Call me odd..but I loved the Thriller video, and would go to You Tube now and again to watch it..but I won't go right now, just as a matter of principle. I do not want to be counted as one of the millions of hits on his videos during this time period.

I heard that the top ten selling videos on Amazon the day after were all his. They sold out of most.
It's getting beyond ridiculous. Like why are people hanging out at the hospital? Or at the house? It's not like they are going to see him. And I hate it when people are all crying and shit like they knew him. Or they go on and on about how great he was when a week ago no one could give a flying fuck.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:It's getting beyond ridiculous. Like why are people hanging out at the hospital? Or at the house? It's not like they are going to see him. And I hate it when people are all crying and shit like they knew him. Or they go on and on about how great he was when a week ago no one could give a flying fuck.
The same reason strangers email about me and my posts. Emotional and needy losers that need to be a part of something and fill voids. The people you are referring to want to be a part of something and are glorifying or romanticizing musical talent and fame. Like you said, it is as if they knew him and it's important.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:It's getting beyond ridiculous. Like why are people hanging out at the hospital? Or at the house? It's not like they are going to see him. And I hate it when people are all crying and shit like they knew him. Or they go on and on about how great he was when a week ago no one could give a flying fuck.
The same reason strangers email about me and my posts. Emotional and needy losers that need to be a part of something and fill voids. The people you are referring to want to be a part of something and are glorifying or romanticizing musical talent and fame. Like you said, it is as if they knew him and it's important.
Yes Frank, you're right up there with Michael Jackson. ::laugh::
LuMPyPussy Wrote:
Middle Finger Wrote:
Yes Frank, you're right up there with Michael Jackson. ::laugh::

I guess that is what happens to logic processing after too many juvenile emails about strangers. 33
86 112
OK, let us just pretend for a minute that this is just some John Doe kind of guy, age 50 who dropped dead suddenly. Autopsy performed in timely manner, and now family patientlywaits for tox and other results. Right?

Fast forward to this is a famous guy, now and read on:

Jesse Jackson: Family wants 2nd autopsy
By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer Nekesa Mumbi Moody, Ap Music Writer 1hr3minsago

LOS ANGELES ⿿ Michael Jackson's family wants a private autopsy of the pop icon because of unanswered questions about how he died and the doctor who was with him, the civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson said Saturday.

"It's abnormal," he told The Associated Press from Chicago a day after visiting the Jackson family. "We don't know what happened. Was he injected and with what? All reasonable doubt should be addressed."

People close to Jackson have said since his death that they were concerned about the superstar's use of painkillers. Los Angeles County medical examiners completed an autopsy Friday and said Jackson had taken prescription medication.

Medical officials also said there was no indication of trauma or foul play. An official cause of death could take weeks.

The coroner's office released the body to Jackson's family Friday night. There was no immediate word on whether the second autopsy was being performed right away. Jesse Jackson described the family as grief-stricken.

"They're hurt because they lost a son. But the wound is now being kept open by the mystery and unanswered questions of the cause of death," he said.

Two days after Jackson died at a Los Angeles hospital, his most famous sister, Janet, arrived at the mansion Jackson had been renting. She drove up in a Bentley and left without addressing reporters.

Moving vans also showed up at the Jackson home, leaving about an hour later. There was no indication what they might have taken away.

There was also no word from the Jackson family on funeral plans. Many of Jackson's relatives have gathered at the family's Encino compound, caring there for Jackson's three children.

A person close to the family told The Associated Press they feel upset and angry about a lack of information about those who were around the pop superstar in his final days. The person requested anonymity because of the delicate nature of the situation.

Jackson had been rehearsing for 50 London concerts aimed at restoring his crown as the King of Pop. He died Thursday at age 50 after what his family said appeared to be cardiac arrest.

A 911 call from Jackson's rented home reported that his personal doctor was trying to revive him without success. Police have talked to Dr. Conrad Murray and have said they intend to speak with him again but have stressed he is not a criminal suspect.

Murray has yet to speak publicly since Jackson's death. Police towed his car from Jackson's home hours after Jackson died and said later it could contain medication or other evidence. Coroner's officials also said Jackson was taking prescription medication but declined to elaborate.

A lawyer at a Houston firm, William M. Stradley, confirmed Murray had hired his firm and said one of its partners was meeting with Los Angeles police on Saturday. Stradley said Murray accompanied Michael Jackson to the hospital.

"He was there from the beginning and he's been cooperating with police from the very beginning," Stradley said. "Dr. Murray has never left L.A. since Mr. Jackson's death, and he remains there."

Murray lives in Las Vegas but apparently left his practice and moved in with Jackson about two weeks ago. No one answered the door Saturday at his Las Vegas home, which property records show Murray bought five years ago for $1.1 million.

The promoter of the series of London concerts that Jackson was to begin next month has said Jackson personally insisted Murray be on the payroll.

Also Saturday, spiritual teacher Dr. Deepak Chopra said he had been concerned since 2005 that Jackson was abusing prescription painkillers and most recently spoke to the pop star about suspected drug use six months ago.
Chopra said Jackson, a longtime friend, asked him for painkillers in 2005 when the singer was staying with him following his trial on sex abuse allegations. Chopra said he refused. He also said the nanny of Jackson's children repeatedly contacted him with concerns about Jackson's drug use over the next four years.
He said she told him a number of doctors would visit Jackson's homes in Santa Barbara County, Los Angeles, Miami and New York. Whenever the subject came up, Jackson would avoid his calls, Chopra said.
___
Associated Press writers Sophia Tareen in Chicago, Juan A. Lozano in Houston, and Gillian Flaccus, Brooke Donald, Beth Harris and Mike Blood and AP Global Media Services Production Manager Nico Maounis in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
Now there's a surprise...Jesse showing up for this one.

What a fucking attention whore that prick is...
Fug duh kund
The reaction to princess Di dying made me sick and so does this, he made some half decent pop songs in the eighties and early nineties, he was a sexual pervert and a nutcase, big fucking deal.

There are afew people who's death would break my heart, the rest of humanity could die and it wouldn't spoil my dinner.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Luke Warmwater Wrote:Now there's a surprise...Jesse showing up for this one.

What a fucking attention whore that prick is...
Not sure if you heard but Al Sharpton is managing the memorials too.

The Jackson family is in quite a stir now their main meal ticket is gone. They want to hear it was murder so they can sue is all.

He was not healthy for years. Skinny like he's starving himself, doing god knows what chemically to turn himself white (disease my ass) and all the plastic surgery over the years - it will take it's toll on the body.

Pain killers for a bad back and an old broken leg? You mean to tell me when he had those injuries some meatball surgeon took care of them and patched him up badly? I highly doubt that.

That man knows nothing of pain if those where his ailments and excuses for Demerol and the laundry list of other drugs he had prescribed to him and the bags full of stuff taken out of his home.

This is just one more sad Hollywood story of over-excessiveness, over indulgence, and too much money to buy his hearts desire. A town full of greedy quacks all too eager to fulfill those for him.
A guy at work was trying to excuse the drug addiction by comparing MJ to an aging professional athlete that had suffered multiple injuries during his career... um... you didn't hear about Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire being addicted to meds.
The old timers got addicted too. It was just kept quiet better. Not saying Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire were junkies, but it always has been rampant among the Hollywood stars.

This new 'era' of excessive abuse and the massive amounts of money and greedy vultures involved brings it all to a whole new level.

Gone are the days of glamor in Hollywood.
We get the aftermath - one giant freak show of gaudy, ugly behaved over rich attention whores.

Fuck that pain decree. I live with pain that never abates and I'm not taking anything remotely like he or any of the other junkies there do. In fact I would rather feel my pain so I don't fuck myself up under the false guise of feeling good and do something stupid to further fuck it up. I take migraine meds when I have a headache and that's it. OTC Aleve at bedtime for pain.

No, I don't buy that fine athlete and pain correlation for him. He should have been in proper pain management program with ONE good doc and physical therapy routinely. No need for a personal doctor living in the place.
WTF is up with this thread title? Did you fall down the stairs before writing it, QB?
86 112
So fix it, whiny bitch.