I am sick of the Michael Jackson coverage
The Antagonist Wrote:The old timers got addicted too. It was just kept quiet better. Not saying Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire were junkies, but it always has been rampant among the Hollywood stars.

This new 'era' of excessive abuse and the massive amounts of money and greedy vultures involved brings it all to a whole new level.

Gone are the days of glamor in Hollywood.
We get the aftermath - one giant freak show of gaudy, ugly behaved over rich attention whores.

Fuck that pain decree. I live with pain that never abates and I'm not taking anything remotely like he or any of the other junkies there do. In fact I would rather feel my pain so I don't fuck myself up under the false guise of feeling good and do something stupid to further fuck it up. I take migraine meds when I have a headache and that's it. OTC Aleve at bedtime for pain.

No, I don't buy that fine athlete and pain correlation for him. He should have been in proper pain management program with ONE good doc and physical therapy routinely. No need for a personal doctor living in the place.
Well duh, I'm not arguing with that, Marilyn Monroe was a perfect example. But it seems to be a LOT more rampant today. We've lost a lot of fine actors to drug abuse, Heath Ledger and River Phoenix just two I can think of off the top of my head.
Middle Finger Wrote:WTF is up with this thread title? Did you fall down the stairs before writing it, QB?
Another fine contribution to the discussion, Frank. ::thumbs::
I know you're not arguing that, Lumpy.... that was posted there for the morons who might come in and start something about that.... but considering they're morons, I probably wasted my "breath" anyway.
Oh alright .. I'll fix it. I just wanted to be a dick for a minute. Damn seahags around here try to ruin all my fun.
86 112
Luke Warmwater Wrote:Now there's a surprise...Jesse showing up for this one.

What a fucking attention whore that prick is...
Ever notice it is either Jesse or Al Sharpton who show up? Just wondering, if Jesse and Al were to both die on the same day..will anyone show up to be a spokesperson?
Probably Geraldo.
Nope, probably Louis Farrakhan (<-- spelling?).

edited because the stupid quick reply left out half the sentence again! wtf?
They can duke it out.
I think it was sad that he died, and totally unexpected.

I also think it was sad that the man had such low self esteem that he kept fucking himself up.

He wrote and performed some good music during his career, hell I never heard one of his songs that wasn't pretty cool (of course, I probably haven't heard all of his songs either, just the ones that made it to radio).

I probably would agree that the media circus is being stupid about his death though, if I watched tv, which I don't. It doesn't really surprise me though, the vultures will tear into anything that people will pay attention to.