(17-Jul-2018) NOTICE: Mockforums.net will be upgraded over the next few days. During this time, there may be periods of instability. Thank you!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Cases Old and Cold
Adub Offline
Mocker

RE: Cases Old and Cold

Wow. I'm so glad. Kevin Sweat is a familiar name, in regards to this case. I was just checking out his deviantart website a few weeks ago. It had to do with the gun that was used.

God bless the families of these two young ladies.

12-09-2011 09:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

IMaDick Offline
Fuck off,I am a legend !

1999 Disappearance solved

Remains of Ohio girl missing since 1999 found in crawl space LIMA, Ohio (AP) – The skeletal remains of a 14-year-old Ohio runaway who went missing in 1999 have been found after the home where she was last seen was demolished, according to police.

Full story

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/stor...csp=34news

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams
02-26-2012 01:54 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

RE: 1999 Disappearance solved

Huh. It says Fryer was suspected but I guess never enough to do a search of the property?

Commando Cunt Queen
02-26-2012 02:38 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

wow. i wonder what prompted this.

New search for first missing child pictured on milk carton

Dozens of federal agents gathered outside a commercial building in lower Manhattan Thursday as part of a search for the body of 6-year-old Etan Patz, who disappeared in 1979 on his way to a bus stop in New York City.

Patz's disappearance, considered a high-profile cold case, prompted authorities to splash his image across the sides of milk cartons. It is thought to be the first time that step was taken for a missing child.

[Image: missing.gif]

[Image: 1532229_370.jpg]

today
[Image: article-2132164-12AC10A5000005DC-814_634x403.jpg]

[Image: ETANPATZ_20120419_154314.jpg]

[Image: article-2132164-12ACAF78000005DC-1_634x393.jpg]

04-19-2012 12:48 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

search above, post 18, yielded nothing ^
this is just breaking this morning:

NBC4NY

The NYPD is questioning a New Jersey man in connection with the Etan Patz case, the 6-year-old boy who vanished more than 30 years ago as he walked to the school bus from his SoHo home, law enforcement sources tell NBC 4 New York.

Police picked the man up sometime Wednesday evening and brought him to New York City for questioning.

The man is known to investigators and not anyone new in the case law enforcement sources say. He worked and lived in Patz's neighborhood when the boy disappeared.

Its not clear why the police decided to question the man. His name did come up previously to investigators when the boy first disappeared.

He has made statements to police about the case but so far has not provided details that would lead them to Patz's body.

"An individual now in custody has made statements to NYPD detectives implicating himself in the disappearance and death of Etan Patz 33 years ago. We expect to provide further details later today," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said in a statement.

Several sources have indicated some skepticism exists about the man's story, but police are going to be thorough in their investigation of any possible leads.

An intensive search for Patz was renewed several weeks ago when police dug up the basement of a handyman's workshop near where Patz disappeared. A new layer of concrete had been laid over the foundation of the basement shortly after Patz disappeared.

That search yielded no new evidence of value.

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: missing.gif]

05-24-2012 07:10 AM

QueenBee Offline
Boring Bitch

I heard this on the radio this morning, and have not had a chance to read the whole thing yet. Is the guy from NJ the Handyman from the prior search..or a totally new guy?

I would like a new sig line, but am not sure what it should be. So I will just put a tag that says "This space for rent"
05-24-2012 10:59 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

i hope they have direct evidence as well as a confession. he could be some compulsive confessor.

suspect:

[Image: article-2149483-13477AF9000005DC-251_306x423.jpg]

A man has claimed he lured six-year-old Etan Patz - who vanished 33 years ago as he walked to the bus from his Manhattan home - with candy, before stabbing him to death and chopping up his body.

Police swooped on the man, named by sources as Pedro Hernandez, in Camden, New Jersey on Wednesday evening and took him to New York City for questioning where he reportedly said: 'I did it.'

He told investigators he had enticed the boy with sweets, stabbed him, cut up his body and put him in plastic bags, a law enforcement source told The New York Post.

PHOTOS:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1vnjLze9q

many more photos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l-bed.html

05-24-2012 11:24 AM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

I call shenanigans on this guy's story...

So he strangled Etan, put him in a box, left the box somewhere in Manhattan, and then went back to check on the box and it was gone?

BS.

05-24-2012 12:33 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-25/su...er/4033710

A man has been charged over the murder of a little boy more than 30 years after his disappearance in New Yorkprompted a major rethink on child safety.

Etan Patz disappeared on his way to school in late May 1979 in a case that shocked New Yorkers and saw him become one of the first missing children to have his face on a milk carton.

Six-year-old Etan lived in New York's Soho District and it was the first time he had made the trip alone.

A day before the 33rd anniversary of Etan's disappearance, New York's police commissioner Ray Kelly confirmed that a 51-year-old New Jersey man, Pedro Hernandez, has been charged with murder.

"In the years following Etan's disappearance, Hernandez told a family member and others that he had 'done a bad thing', and killed a child in New York," he said. "Last night after being questioned, Hernandez returned voluntarily from New Jersey with detectives to Manhattan. He brought them to the scene of the crime, which is now a store that sells eyeglasses."

Hernandez described to the detectives how he lured young Etan from the school bus stop at West Broadway and Prince St with the promise of a soda.

Mr Kelly says Hernandez has admitted leading the boy into the basement of a grocery store, choking him and disposing of his body in the garbage.

When Etan Patz disappeared in 1979 his face was plastered on posters appealing for information.

The date of his disappearance, May 25, became known in the US as National Missing Children's Day.

And in a new move his face appeared on milk cartons as parents became more cautious about letting their children out alone.
Etan's father Stan Patz says his son went missing in a safe neighbourhood that Etan was familiar with.

"At some point in every parent's life they send their children to school alone. Did we do it too early? Obviously we did," he said in a 2010 interview.

"It was very familiar territory; this was a safe neighbourhood. When do you let them out of your sight, when they're 21?"

Mr Patz hates to think what his son went through.

"At some point he must have realised that ... things were going bad," he said.

"I still gag with the fear that this child must have felt when he realised he was betrayed by an adult."

New York mayor Michael Bloomberg feels for Etan's parents.

"As a father I just can't imagine what they've gone through and I certainly hope that we are one step closer to bringing them some measure of relief," he said.

"If you remember 33 years ago this was a tragedy that broke the hearts of millions of people, especially parents, across this nation.

"It's a case that, to his credit, district attorney Cy Vance reopened in hopes not only of bringing justice but also offering some closure to Etan's parents." But they might never know what became of their son's body. Mr Kelly says it is reasonable to assume that Pedro Hernandez has no idea.

Here's the video:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-25/mi...rs/4033448

05-25-2012 07:18 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-son.html

It was Bruno Hauptmann, a convicted criminal who illegally entered the U.S. from his native Germany, who was put to death in 1936 for the murder of Charles Lindbergh. But he was put up to the killing by John Knoll, another German immigrant who worked in a deli in the Bronx area of New York, according to author Robert Zorn. Knoll was apparently motivated by hatred of the famous aviator and a desire to destroy his life.

[Image: article-2163834-13C18DA0000005DC-473_636x372.jpg]

06-24-2012 04:48 AM

Kenny Powers Offline
Banned

LC, the case on your very first post, do you think it is correct to charge two of them with murder? The article clearly stated their intent was to teach the kid a lesson, not to kill him. Also, the fact they went to check on him an hour or two later solidifies that fact.

It was a terrible mistake on their part, but they all proved to be upstanding members of society for over 40 years, with one of them being serving for this country. I could almost tell you all of them carrying around this secret for that long and pounding on their heads every single day of their life... I can see them somewhat already paying for their crime.

Don't get me wrong I think they deserve some minimum time, but don't think they deserve a long sentence.

06-24-2012 04:33 PM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

(06-24-2012 04:33 PM)Kenny Powers Wrote:  LC, the case on your very first post, do you think it is correct to charge two of them with murder? The article clearly stated their intent was to teach the kid a lesson, not to kill him. Also, the fact they went to check on him an hour or two later solidifies that fact.

It was a terrible mistake on their part, but they all proved to be upstanding members of society for over 40 years, with one of them being serving for this country. I could almost tell you all of them carrying around this secret for that long and pounding on their heads every single day of their life... I can see them somewhat already paying for their crime.

Don't get me wrong I think they deserve some minimum time, but don't think they deserve a long sentence.

I could see them letting these guys off with a lighter sentence, provided the kid they killed was willing to step forward and speak on their behalf for leniency. After all, this could virtually end their lives.

Oh, wait...

06-24-2012 06:13 PM

Kenny Powers Offline
Banned

You are missing my point. I understand it must be intent to kill in order to charge them with murder, as I understand the law is interpreted. I'm sure LC knows the standard, I'm too lazy to Google it.

06-25-2012 06:50 PM

chaze77 Offline
Mocker

Lady Cop,

You're obviously the expert here... but is it normal for predators to take both boys and girls, and such a wide range in age? For some reason, I thought they generally stick to one type- either young girls or teen girls, young boys or teen boys, but not all of the above. Is that right?

Well behaved women seldom make history Smiley_emoticons_wink
06-28-2012 08:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply