Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENTITLED AMERICANS

Can we do what we want because we are Americans? Are we above reproach because we are red, white & blue? Why can we do things that we put others down for? I ask these questions sincerely. Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
America is the world police, the new great empire.

But like all empires its going to fall sooner rather than later.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Hell no.

But if you're talking about the celebrating, I would still argue that it's different to celebrate the demise of someone who was the leader of a group (see, I didn't say mastermind shitstorm) who murdered several thousand innocent people vs. celebrating the death of a soldier in combat.

That said, I get the oogie factor.
Commando Cunt Queen
Based on the thread title I don't know for sure what the spark for the thread was, but it's very easy to see where the line is drawn for those who feel like they are entitled and those who are here to fulfill that entitlement.

The Red,White and Blue does not truly belong to the people anymore as it once did, We the People can stand in high percentages against what our government proposes and they do not hear our voices, nor do they care what we desire, They are entitled as it were to rule us.

Our freedom is being washed away, I believe anything that says we are free is worth while even if it seems unseemly and rude to the rest of the world, if people want to dance in the streets at the death of a despot, let them dance, hold the freedom to do so in high regard even at the sacrifice of a bit of our own better judgement.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(05-03-2011, 08:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:
Why can we do things that we put others down for? Smiley_emoticons_smile

Like sending humanitarian aid to countries while our children are starving?

Or demand that other countries follow the "rule of law" while we let illegal immigrants in our country without repercussions?

Or foreign oil exploration while we demand that our land remains pristine?

It's not the "Dancing in the Streets" thing, again . . . is it?
OK, setting aside the recent furor in the streets over the death of pig-vomit..oh I mean bin-Laden...I think there is a sense of entitlement within the American people....and about us. I mean, people on our Welfare system all feel they are entitled to the money the receive....and therefore it becomes a source of pride handed down from generation to generation.
And if it were not for the feeling that people in America are entitled to things, why do we have so many immigrants crossing our borders..both legally and illegally?
(05-03-2011, 12:20 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Based on the thread title I don't know for sure what the spark for the thread was

I had been thinking about what it meant to me to be an American. I take a lot for granted. Smiley_emoticons_slash

(05-03-2011, 12:20 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: It's not the "Dancing in the Streets" thing, again . . . is it?

No, I'm over it, you all let me say what I wanted to say & I've moved on. Smiley_emoticons_wink

It's everything your post addressed & more.

(05-03-2011, 12:25 PM)QueenBee Wrote: I mean, people on our Welfare system all feel they are entitled to the money the receive..

Where do you suppose they got that sense of entitlement from? How do you get to a place in your mind where you can stick your hand out & EXPECT something you haven't worked for?

If the U.S. stopped aiding every country in the world then we would not be entitled to anything. Thanks China!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That particular sense of entitlement began during the great depression and the new deal legislation,some folks got used to it and continued it as a family tradition.

The root cause is the governments desire to have a dependant society.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(05-03-2011, 01:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: If the U.S. stopped aiding every country in the world then we would not be entitled to anything. Thanks China!

China is your landlord and your rent arrears are starting to cause them concern.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-03-2011, 01:01 PM)Duchess Wrote: Where do you suppose they got that sense of entitlement from? How do you get to a place in your mind where you can stick your hand out & EXPECT something you haven't worked for?[/i][/size]

Duchess, I think it goes back to the comment I made about it being handed down from generations...well, if people before me got it, then I deserve it too. I know that Welfare does not know any racial boundries..but I wonder if some of the African Americans on Welfare feel they are entitled because of "what the slaves went through". We owe it to them. I am not endorsing that belief, but I somehow have gotten that feeling.
I think the US has made it too easy to get onto welfare and stay there, without having to really prove need, of have any incentive to get off and go to work.
I know I would love to just sit on my butt, pushing out kids and just waiting for my check and food stamps to come every month. Shit, I am not even sure there will be any money left for me when the time comes for me to retire.
Do I believe we have an obligation to our fellows . . . Yes.

Do I believe in carte blanche entitlements . . . No.

To the pious, pissed or atheists: I believe charity starts at home.

So . . . BEFORE Americans send aid to others, let's feed, clothe, house, arm and fix our kids' maladies, FIRST.

If we have a few bucks left over, pick the prettiest and the most willing whore (nation) to rape . . . errr . . . reap the benefits.

As an aside - I read the UK gives Pakistan over $500M/year in "aid".

Fucking Pakis . . . ungratetful, global welfare whores!

Time to ramp up ties with India. I wonder if GB has an unexpired "re-purchase" option?
(05-03-2011, 01:23 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(05-03-2011, 01:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: If the U.S. stopped aiding every country in the world then we would not be entitled to anything. Thanks China!

China is your landlord and your rent arrears are starting to cause them concern.

You Limeys better watch out then. Smiley_emoticons_smile The worlds police wont be able to save you when you get assimilated into Islam.
(05-03-2011, 01:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: assimilated into Islam.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-03-2011, 01:41 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: So . . . BEFORE Americans send aid to others, let's feed, clothe, house, arm and fix our kids' maladies, FIRST.

Most of the time "aid" is just a nice word for "bribe". I agree though, less bribery until we get our own house in order.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-03-2011, 02:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: Smiley_emoticons_smile

At least I can have a laugh with maggot.

With dick its always - StarwarsCatfight

(05-03-2011, 02:35 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(05-03-2011, 02:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: Smiley_emoticons_smile

At least I can have a laugh with maggot.

With dick its always - StarwarsCatfight

You and Maggot have a good time,sock puppets should get along.

I like things the way they are with you and me, you telling tall tales and me pointing out your very obvious delusional tendencies.

It fits my high level of integrity and your extreme limitations as a human.

John Adams