Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you subscribe to periodicals?
Besides work, employment or professional publications, do you subscribe to magazines?

These are my "guilty pleasure" core subscriptions:

Vanity Fair, Dwell, Sunset, Fast Company, Z, Utne Reader, Atlantic Monthly and Surfer.

I never get a chance to completely read all of the issues. I think it's time to shorten the list.
no, i read everything except books online.

but i did just order a 7-year subscription to 'THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CUTE SMALL FURRY WOODLAND ANIMALS AND HOW TO FEED THEM' for Maggot. he'll get the bill soon. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

i ordered him 5 pizzas too.

[Image: chipmunk-7884.jpg]

Consumer Reports, Southern Living, Country Living, This Old House, Vogue. Horse Illustrated. I used to get a ton more but I still have magazines from 2010 sitting untouched in a basket so I've declined to renew subscriptions.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Tiki, your threads don't deserve to be put in the trash forum, I'm moving this.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i do get "Birds and Blooms", Maggot gave me that subscription. Smiley_emoticons_wink

and i buy Martha Stewart mags only in Oct. Nov. and Dec.
Mini xmas tree

[Image: JMEbig.jpg]

Attached Files
.gif   birds.gif (Size: 3.26 KB / Downloads: 50)

Fisherman,Hunter,a few specialty mags like lumbermans and things like that , and of course the tech stuff for the processing equipment.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

No. Kills my zen.

I used to subscribe to a few, but not now. I'm not going to pay someone to flood my home with paper. Same with newspaper subscriptions. (Although, there are people in my community who buy the Sunday paper and save a ton on their grocery bill. I wish I were a coupon-y type of person.)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
We get Time, The Economist, The New Yorker, Men's Fitness and Boys Life.

The New Yorker was a gift subscription and I've largely ignored it. I read Time and sometimes a few articles out of The Economist but that's about it. I prefer the newspaper and books.
Commando Cunt Queen
Nope. Usually just buy what I want off the shelf...or get really cheap and read them at the library. I get Reader's Digest every month.
LC...someone at the place where Kim gets Therapy leaves Birds & Blooms in the waiting room every month...so I do read it there.
i peruse these in the grocery store~~hah

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My brother would grab a Penthouse mag from off the shelf and then go ask to use the mens room. I would leave the store acting like I didn't know him. He is kinda weird like that.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I used to get a few but then someone gave me a free subscription to Readers Digest and I couldn't get them to stop. It just went on and on with their automatic renewal program. No more. No periodical ever again.

I do try to pick up all the pistcards that fall out of other peoples' magazines and drop them in the mail so they go to the right place. I think it's the least I can do. The postal service can use the work and advertisers wouldn't have cards fall out if they didn't want them back. Just tape them to a brick if you want the postal service to make more money.