Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Syria
Clang coined the term "Bitch Club" for aussiefriend's detractors, I believe.

Aussie makes me laugh and I don't think she's a bitch.

But, it does smack of arrogance when she tells others that they're wrong but is unwilling to challenge their reasoning to back up her assertion (and then accuses everyone of being in a posse if more than one person calls her out on it).

Tell me where I'm off base, I say. Educate me. Her choice.

P.s. I'm gonna find that chili thread - sounds like a fun read.
(01-04-2013, 11:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Clang coined the term "Bitch Club" for aussiefriend's detractors, I believe.

But, it does smack of arrogance when she tells others that they're wrong but is unwilling to challenge their reasoning to back up her assertion (and then accuses everyone of being in a posse if more than one person calls her out on it).

^^ Snooze fest, camel toe. Cut to the chase. Aussie is the standard by which village idiots are tested.
(01-04-2013, 11:50 PM)username Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 11:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Clang coined the term "Bitch Club" for aussiefriend's detractors, I believe.

^^ Snooze fest, camel toe. Cut to the chase. Aussie is the standard by which village idiots are tested.

Hey, thanks for those redundant upward arrows pointing to the post that you also quoted, uselessbrain.

More post-critiques, huh?

Okay, I'll give you this one; my post wasn't a thrill ride. A tip to make it up to you: if ever you get too bored, Mock search for some wildly entertaining posts using keywords "eyelash growers", "car upholstery colors", "gold poop".

Mocking of the camel toe? Every year at the Palmyra festival in Syria, camel toe upon camel toe is pounded mercilessly while thousands of dirty onlookers cheer. The camel toes have no choice in the matter. FACT. Once again, you've demonstrated your cold-hearted insensitivity.

[Image: 862-03354849w.jpg]
I have some experience in Middle Eastern relations. I have also worked and lived in the middle east. I am sure, just as in the case of Iraq they have been trying to find an alternative within the opposition. They cannot continue to tolerate the genocide of innocents. There has been moves to bring down the Assad regime but this has been vetoed by Russia and China, and now HoTD.

I am looking at a solution, this solution cannot include Assad. It's astounding that any of you would even consider that an option.

User, I don't give a shit about anything you say. This whole admin thing has gone to your head. I liked you better when you were on Neighbourhood Watch.

(01-04-2013, 08:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
Aussie, I'm not part of the Bitch Club...just sayin'.

No 'Bitch Club' tshirt for Duch.
Aussie,

You keep responding without having addressed/rebutted one single point that I or anyone else has made as to the opinion that "taking out" Assad right now is not a wise move and might actually create even bigger problems for the Syrians.

So, I won't ask for you to explain/support your assertions again; you're righteous because you say so and everyone with a different perspective is outrageous and wrong for the same reason. It's not a new M.O. for my friend aussie.

It's difficult to have any kind of serious exchange with you, so moving on...
(01-05-2013, 12:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 11:50 PM)username Wrote:

Hey, thanks for those redundant upward arrows pointing to the post that you also quoted, uselessbrain.

I figured you could use all the help you could get.

Anyway, I need to focus on my bitch club right now. TTYL. Smiley_emoticons_wink
(01-05-2013, 02:42 AM)username Wrote: I figured you could use all the help you could get.

Have a good one, user.

Make it a spiked club, I hear that those can really put the hurt on some bitches. Smiley_emoticons_wink

P.s. If you don't like the av that I gave you for Christmas, another option:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj8_S8KhZszf4DL6A2jvg...kv0FabSQhw][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToeftGN-HABQ4czBMfE7C...ol0431mdiB][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToeftGN-HABQ4czBMfE7C...ol0431mdiB]
(01-05-2013, 12:52 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I have some experience in Middle Eastern relations.

User, I don't give a shit about anything you say. This whole admin thing has gone to your head. I liked you better when you were on Neighbourhood Watch.

So you were fucked by a blind towel head once (ergo your eastern experience) and you think the whole mod thing has gone to my head even though I haven't done pretty much anything mod like since I was given that option.

I smite you, you yak faced bitch!
(01-05-2013, 02:45 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 02:42 AM)username Wrote: I figured you could use all the help you could get.

Have a good one, user.

Make it a spiked club, I hear that those can really put the hurt on some bitches. Smiley_emoticons_wink

If you don't like the av that I gave you for Christmas, a couple of other options:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj8_S8KhZszf4DL6A2jvg...kv0FabSQhw][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToeftGN-HABQ4czBMfE7C...ol0431mdiB][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToeftGN-HABQ4czBMfE7C...ol0431mdiB]

My computer wasn't cooperating but I think we need to give nightowl a few more avatar options for her birthday. Smiley_emoticons_slash go HotD!
Damn you - got me but good, again. That smarts!!! Go username!

Hey, at least you didn't call me a yak faced bitch. That one wasn't bad and it confirms that you've welcomed aussie into your club. I believe you will work/play well together. Sometimes, I get you two confused - so much alike.

Yeah, I'm going to bed before you grab that spiked club...
(01-05-2013, 02:53 AM)username Wrote: So you were fucked by a blind towel head once

Once?
HoTD, I have addressed this issue. The alternative is to come up with an opposition similar to what happened in Iraq during that transition of power. The Iraqi opposition groups were organised and had to come together outside of Iraq, this was facilitated and assisted by the International community.

I am not responding any further, it has descended into personal attacks and abuse as usual. I was being serious about this subject, as the events in Syria has disturbed me greatly and accepting the status quo is just not an option for those surviving day to day in hell.

This was getting interesting & then the thread came to an end. 111
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Okay, so they go and oust Assad... and the new leader is a little more unhinged than Assad. He decides those chemical weapons would be better off stored in Israel, so he launches a few of them.

How do we feel about that Aussie? Are we happy that Assad is gone and the 'peoples choice' is in charge?

Or maybe the new unhinged guy doesn't decide to launch those chemical weapons, and instead decides to give them to his religiously aligned buddies. And then one day while you are out enjoying your day in Sydney or something, some asshole ruins your day by melting your skin off.

Are we happy that Assad is gone then Aussie?

Sure, Assad is a complete douche. But the "freedom fighters" fighting him aren't just oppressed citizens... they are radicals who flooded in to pick the fight in the hope they can establish more power.
(01-05-2013, 08:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:

This was getting interesting & then the thread came to an end. 111

I agree. That was some of Mock's best banter in recent memory.

Kudos to all!!!
(01-05-2013, 04:04 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 02:53 AM)username Wrote: So you were fucked by a blind towel head once

Once?

LMFAO!!
(01-05-2013, 04:07 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: HoTD, I have addressed this issue. The alternative is to come up with an opposition similar to what happened in Iraq during that transition of power. The Iraqi opposition groups were organised and had to come together outside of Iraq, this was facilitated and assisted by the International community.

No, you first indicated that it was past due that Assad be "taken out". Then you said that he should be tried in the Hague for war crimes. Now, you're saying (for the first time) that the Iraqi model should be followed in order to help the innocents in Syria.

Given your Middle Eastern expertise, I'm sure you're aware that CIA reports indicate that support for Iraqi opposition groups and efforts to organize them began at least as early as 1992. After 10 years of that support from the "international community", including several of those off-site meetings that you alluded to, they continued to lack the ability to take over and lead. Invasion and occupation came next. Another 10 years of continued US military presence (and lost lives) have been required and Iraq is still not considered a stable democracy by anyone's definition; further confirmed by the recent sectarian bombings that took place within the country. Saddam Hussein continued to rule the country for 14 of the 20 years that this intervention by the international community to help the Iraqi opposition has been underway.

So, since you're recommending the "Iraq intervention" model, you are obviously aware that the anti-Assad international community has already begun attempts to legitimatize and support the opposition, there is nothing close to an overnight solution to improve the existing situation, and you're now okay with another 12 years of Assad in order to replicate the Iraqi success story?

Personally, I hope for better for the Syrian people and don't wish to see the US invest the lives, money, time and focus in another Middle Eastern war - especially not one where the side that we'd be supporting includes terrorist factions. Ten years fighting a global war on terror, remember? I do.

(01-05-2013, 04:07 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I am not responding any further, it has descended into personal attacks and abuse as usual. I was being serious about this subject, as the events in Syria has disturbed me greatly and accepting the status quo is just not an option for those surviving day to day in hell.

In any serious discussion, you become a self-absorbed whiner. That's not a personal attack, it's an observation and an opinion. You dish it out and then play the victim when anyone, even respectfully, challenges you to back up your shit. Hell, by your definition, username and I have "personally attacked and abused" each more in this thread than anyone else (translation: "mocked and sparred with each other" for those without consummate victim mentalities). You're not abused here, imo, just treated like everyone else when people aren't tip-toeing around you or coddling you. Suck it up.
(01-05-2013, 04:07 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I am not responding any further, it has descended into personal attacks and abuse as usual.

(01-05-2013, 12:52 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: No 'Bitch Club' tshirt for Duch.

I wouldn't be opposed to a coffee cup.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-05-2013, 10:58 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Sure, Assad is a complete douche. But the "freedom fighters" fighting him aren't just oppressed citizens... they are radicals who flooded in to pick the fight in the hope they can establish more power.

That's definitely a concern.

There's so much propaganda out there from both sides and the media that it's hard for me to know what's fact, what's exaggeration, and what's straight up fiction. It's difficult for the Red Cross and UN as well, both of which are investigating increasing reports of atrocities by both sides.

This is not a religious or ethnic war, it's a political one for power and the victims and fighters are mixed (making it harder for neutral organizations to determine who's who, in my opinion). For example, the video of the rebel army executing civilians and surrendered soldiers that circulated in July was later authenticated. At that point, the rebel leadership claimed that Islamic extremists had unknowingly infiltrated its army, committed those war crimes, and then fled. True or false? IDK.

In any event, there are a lot of civilians who are government/Assad loyalists in Syria. That's not a crime, though it's a fact that some are being killed and loyalists will still be there tomorrow even if Assad isn't. The whole country is not part of the rebellion and different sources cite very different numbers when estimating loyalists vs. rebels, just as they do when reporting how much ground the rebels have taken, etc...

This is civil war; if any unbiased outside party had an immediate resolution to end it for the Syrian people without compromising its own best interests and those of other countries, it would be implemented imo. I think it's a very small portion of humanity that doesn't give a shit about thousands of civilian lives being lost, even in countries like the US which have been vilified by Syrians for decades. Not everyone seems to understand that lack of extreme immediate action and apathy aren't synonymous (I know that you do).

(01-05-2013, 02:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 12:52 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: No 'Bitch Club' tshirt for Duch.

I wouldn't be opposed to a coffee cup.

I'm not sure who's all in the club, but I like this logo for the cups and t-shirts. Awink

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToeftGN-HABQ4czBMfE7C...ol0431mdiB][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK3-3hstUEzMFZqFYzdrm...qTuBelO3Tj]