Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Syria
Stop the search, I have found the new leader for Syria. It is an old shoe. However, please note, this is only temporary...our dog wants the shoe back! [Image: pinkyshoe1_zps3d523e8c.jpg]
I dunno. He looks like a rabid little fucker too.

j/k Aussie. Cute.
Commando Cunt Queen
Double post
(01-05-2013, 07:06 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Stop the search, I have found the new leader for Syria. It is an old shoe. However, please note, this is only temporary...our dog wants the shoe back!

Well, now we're getting somewhere. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Your dog is cute. Hope that's not your arm, aussie. If so, might wanna consider skipping the next botox appointment and opting for electrolysis instead (unless those are freckles; hard to tell).
Assad gave a national address today for the first time since June.

Syrian President Bashar Assad on Sunday outlined a new peace initiative that includes a national reconciliation conference and a new government and Constitution but demanded regional and Western countries stop funding and arming rebels first.

Mr. Assad ignored international demands for him to step down and said he is ready to hold a dialogue with those “who have not betrayed Syria.”

Syrian opposition forces, including rebels on the ground, are likely to reject Mr. Assad’s proposal. They have repeatedly said they will accept nothing less than the president’s departure, dismissing any kind of settlement that leaves him in the picture.

Full story here:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/internation...279804.ece

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to what western media has been reporting for the past few weeks, Assad does not appear to be considering stepping down or seeking asylum elsewhere.

Consistent with what western media has been reporting for months, he indeed claims that most of the rebel army is spurred and staffed by terrorists, with whom he won't negotiate. He will negotiate with other non-armed opposition bodies within the country. However, he contends that he will be nobody's puppet and as soon as western outside forces (and Turkey, Qatar, Arab League...) stop funding and pumping the rebels, he will meet with the leaders of opposition groups. The rebel army, however, reiterated today that they will never be willing to meet or negotiate with him no matter what.

Stalemate.

I recently read that many of the people who called these small towns & villages their home are now living in caves throughout the countryside.

Syria today -

[Image: article-0-191B2527000005DC-651_634x398.jpg]

[Image: article-2304980-191B077F000005DC-183_634x430.jpg]

[Image: article-2304980-191B1629000005DC-166_634x389.jpg]

[Image: article-2304980-191B20CF000005DC-594_634x460.jpg]

[Image: article-2304980-191B1655000005DC-822_634x514.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
War is hell. People should realize the cost before commiting to it. But if you must fight, fight to win. Collateral damage comes second. There is no politically correct way too kill.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
UN Investigating Rebels In Syria For Alleged Executions, Potential War Crime In Khan Al-Assal

This is why the West should stay the hell outta Syria; all of this was easily foreseeable. IMO.

Really wish that we weren't backing the SNC (or anyone else, for that matter). Hard for me to believe that the SNC has no affiliations with any of the radical fighters that have emerged within Syria; not to mention those opportunistic terrorists who entered Syria and joined the "rebels" in order to pursue their own agendas.

The rebels are being investigated for systematic killing of Assad-loyalist soldiers who had already surrendered.

Also, reports of rebels killing innocent civilians are being looked into.

Meanwhile, rebel forces are losing ground as fighting amongst themselves continues to increase.

Islamic factions have been gaining influence and groups such as the al-Qaida-linked Jabhat al-Nusra front have led major battles in the past year.

Rival rebels groups – mostly Islamic groups and Kurdish gunmen – frequently have clashed in northern in Syria over control of territory along the border with Turkey that fighters captured from regime troops over the past year.

Earlier this week, the infighting turned into a war within a war after a powerful Kurdish militia called on its supporters to fight al-Qaida-affiliated groups to avenge the recent killing of a prominent political leader.

Ref:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02...97907.html
Ladies and gentlemen, please meet the spokesperson for Bashar Al Assad in the U.S........HoTD.

Give me a fucking break HoTD, did you see the Youtube footage of those babies skulls smashed in by Assads death squads? He is not fit to lead a marching band.
You ignore facts that don't fit your views, aussie. In the case of Syria, the atrocities are being carried out by both sides; there are youtubes alleged to reflect rebel executions too. More importantly, there are independent reports and eyewitnesses (and, I'm sure plenty of setting up the other side) being investigated.

It's the UN council that is now investigating alleged rebel atrocities on a similar scale to those reportedly carried out by the loyalist army. By your logic, the UN is therefore backing Assad and his actions and serving as his spokesperson. Yep, it's HoTD and Ban Ki-moon representing the worldwide "We Love Assad!" pledge drive. 78

You can keep hollering for Assad to be taken out by the West, or that he should be captured now by the West and tried for war crimes, or that there's no solution other than helping the terrorist-ridden rebel forces to take over the country (likely requiring a US-backed puppet to take the reins); I understand your views. You, however, don't seem to be listening or interested in comprehending any arguments against Western intervention and that old failed model.

Not supporting rebel forces comprised of some of the same terrorist factions we've been fighting for a decade is not akin to supporting Assad, Ms. Head-In-The-Clouds.

Nor is believing that the US should stay out of Syria's civil war.

The rebels have repeatedly turned down offers to negotiate with Assad; at a time when the rebels wield some real power to influence.

The negotiations would have been moderated by other countries (some standing by Assad, others standing by the rebels).

The rebels would rather keep waging war than cease and at least attempt to peacefully have their concerns/demands addressed. They are reportedly losing ground because while they are all fighting against Assad (or for control of Syria), there are many rebel groups engaged for different reasons and they're now warring with each other for control. It is not possible for us to know how much of the terrorist infiltration is encouraged/supported by the SNC.

Believe it or not, aussie, not every rebel "soldier" in Syria is a crusader for a better life or is killing outta concerns for the welfare of Syrian civilians.

We can agree to disagree here. Australia can jump right in with my friend aussie as the spokesperson for the rebel forces, take down the Syrian loyalist army, attempt to appease the many loyalist civilians, and invest for years in trying to make Syria a model for Western-style democracy in the Middle East. No objection here. But, I don't wanna see the US and China and Russia...end up fighting in what is now a civil war.

Just one American's view.
The situation is a lot more complicated than “Assad he bad man!”. The rebels have got strands of Al Qaeda and other extremist Muslim groups in their web.

Give it a wide berth I say, arm the rebels and you could be harming extremists.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Yep. John McCain should be eating some crow about now.
Commando Cunt Queen
(08-03-2013, 03:59 PM)username Wrote: Yep. John McCain should be eating some crow about now.

Indeed.

He's fucking delusional about the situation in Syria.

Some of his comments almost sound like “senior citizen moments” like grandpa Simpson.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(08-03-2013, 11:15 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ms. Head-In-The-Clouds.

*rolls up sleeves* them thars fightin' werds. Starwars
(08-03-2013, 09:22 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 11:15 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ms. Head-In-The-Clouds.

*rolls up sleeves* them thars fightin' werds. Starwars

Yeah, well, terrorist-hugger.

Just posted an @aussiefriend exposé in the "Exclusive" section of Members Only.

See you upstairs!
Don't double cross a cross woman, I'm gunna lern ya.

Maybe after we bomb Russia we could bomb Syria and then Iran. I say fuck 'em all & drop the bombs, we won't even have to get our hands dirty. No negotiating, no compromise, no sanctions, just bomb them off the face of the earth. The easiest way to deal with a problem is to get rid of it.
What happens when Russia bomb you back? Which they will obviously. There are rumours about Irans nuclear capability but Russia still have a shitload of nukes pointed at the west, especially America.

When I post "over the top" you probably shouldn't take me seriously. Smiley_emoticons_wink
You have a nasty streak, we all do to varying degrees and there are lot of fans of mutually assured destruction out there, you could have been one of them.

I wasn't sure.