Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sara and Max Apple - Ohio missing mom and child
Police are searching for a missing Newark, Ohio woman and her 4-year-old son.

Sara Apple, 24 and Max, 4, have been missing since last Thursday. Sara was last seen picking up Max around 5:30 p.m. at the babysitter's house on Cherry Bend Drive. She had planned to spend the night with her mother, in Whitehall, but she never showed up.

Sara never showed up for work at Fiberglas Federal Credit Union the next day either, said Newark Police Sgt. Scott Snow.

"Of course, the worst case scenario pops into your head," said Sara Apple's husband, Chris Apple. "There's no reason for her to not be at her mom's or at home. Were they carjacked or kidnapped?"

full article:
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-...er-and-son
i would like to know a lot more about the husband.

sounds like BS to me:

"Of course, the worst case scenario pops into your head," said Chris Apple to the station. (WBNS) "There's no reason for her to not be at her mom's or [at home]. Were they carjacked or kidnapped?"

Chris Apple told the station on Sunday that he hopes someone knows something about their disappearance.

"I'm feeling horrible," Chris Apple said, according to WBNS. "I've never felt this bad in my life. I haven't been able to sleep. [I] haven't been able to eat."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wifes/Mothers rarely go missing without a reason or are the victims of random violence. I think we all know that. Husband/father is I'm sure responsible for whatever has happened. Dirtbag.
ABC

Patricia Yohman broke down crying today as she described her daughter and grandson, who both disappeared from Newark, Ohio, four days ago reportedly en route to Yohman's house.

"I just want her to let someone know that she's out there and that she's safe," Yohman said, referring to her daughter Sara Apple.

Apple, 24, works as a bank teller. When she got off of work on Thursday, she picked up her son Max, 4, from a babysitter and told her husband and babysitter that she was going to spend the night at her mother's home.

Ohio police with the help of the FBI are searching for the missing duo.

Yohman said that she never talked to her daughter on the day she and Max disappeared and they had not planned for the two to spend the night at her house.

"The last time I talked to her was Wednesday," said Yohman. "She was over for a family cookout and she was happy and seemed like everything was fine."

Yohman began crying when she described her petite daughter with long brown hair.

"She has a huge heart and she would do anything for anyone. She's a good mother," Yohman said through tears. "Max is a very outgoing little boy and he would talk to anyone. He looks just like his mom"

Newark police told ABC News that they haven't ruled out the possibility of foul play.

Search for Mom and Young Son Missing for Four Days in Ohio

They are using the help of the FBI in their search efforts and have alerted authorities in North and South Carolina to be on the lookout for Apple's 1994 White Saturn Ion. Apple has family on her father's side that lives in that region. She recently reconnected with them, but has never met them, police said.

Apple's husband and Max's father, Chris Apple, is not a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife and son, police said.

"He's been very cooperative. We've searched the residence a couple of times. There's no evidence of any kind. We've taken steps to verify his statements to us and his veracity," Newark Police Sgt. Scott Snow said.

Snow said that there is no history of domestic violence between the couple, but that they were having "domestic disquietude."

Police said that Apple recently stopped taking prescription medication. The medication was to reportedly treat depression, the Newark Advocate reported.

Apple's family was not aware of any marital problems or medication.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, if the story's correct and Sara did tell the babysitter she was spending the night at her mother's, I'd say that lets the husband off the hook (unless he and the babysitter are in cahoots). So why did Sara say she was going to go to her mother's if it wasn't true? She took off somewhere with Max? She's having an affair with someone (doesn't seem likely that she'd take Max along)? She's depressed (I hope to God she doesn't harm her son).
'Domestic Disquietude'.... meaning shit was unpleasant in the house to say the least. I feel for the little boy (I have a 4 year old myself). They're very perceptive and understand most of the interactions between their parents.

If she was on meds for depression, she was liable to do anything, including killing herself and her son.

I still believe the hubby is involved, however.
husband Chris told his wife's parents Sara texted him and said she was staying at their [Sara's parents'] house Thursday night. this can be proven/disproven with phone records.

She didn't make it to her parents' Whitehall home that night.

When Sara didn't show up at her job Friday morning or call in, her family realized something was wrong. She's the head teller at a Newark bank.

Newark police Sgt. Scott Snow told NBC4 Sara is on medication, but he couldn't elaborate on the type of medication or what it treats.

NBC4 talked to Sara's husband Monday afternoon. He said his wife was being treated for depression and recently changed medication.

He said police are investigating whether Sara may have stopped taking her medication.

He also said he and Sara have recently agreed to separate and share custody of Max. He said the separation was amicable.

From looking at the husband's facebook, he must be a bit older than sara. He has a daughter that just graduated from highschool.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=...1314830994

Kind of curious how quickly LE dismissed the husband as having anything to do with the disappearances. Checking the house doesn't mean much to me. And the word "disquietude" is downright strange.

Attached Files
.jpg   m.jpg (Size: 5.07 KB / Downloads: 111)
When LE said they've dismissed the husband as a POI, I figured the husband's alibi must be damn good.
(06-13-2011, 09:19 PM)Kip Wrote: When LE said they've dismissed the husband as a POI, I figured the husband's alibi must be damn good.

Maybe even a polygraph.

well well

Newark Advocate:

NEWARK — Newark police have halted an investigation into the disappearance of Sara Apple after they determined she left voluntarily, possibly stealing money from her bank employer to flee, according to a Newark police news release.

“While there is still great interest in determining the safety of (her son) Max Apple, the police department is no longer, at this time, actively searching for Sara Apple as the victim of any crime,” according to the news release.

Sara Apple, who was responsible for the money management in the family, failed to make significant payments on financial obligations, such as mortgage and car payments, according to a Newark police news release. Numerous checks were returned with insufficient funds. She created new bank accounts, and police found undelivered “goodbye” letters to family and friends.

They also found a “to do” list of products to obtain and actions to delay her discovery, according to the news release.

Heath police was notified about a significant shortfall in Sara Apple’s Thursday banking till at Fiberglas Federal Credit Union, Newark police Sgt. Scott Snow said. No complaint had been filed with Heath police Tuesday, Sgt. Craig Black said.

Newark police will maintain an open investigation and consider possible criminal charges such as inducing panic or interference with custody.

Sara Apple’s husband, Chris, said he would speak with attorneys to file for divorce and seek custody of his son.

“My son’s been taken from me. I think it’s horrible,” Chris Apple said.

Well that article really got the Facebook drama going.

AT: Lets just put it this way, ive seen how disrespectful someone has been to her..whatever she did or did not do was probably done with good reason...yes she caused a panic & alot of worry but she has yet to ve heard from...alot of things can be staged...

MJL: If disrespected in public.......how much disrespect went on at home ? Self esteem ripped away ? Over powered feeling of threats her son would be ripped away ? She is a good mom. For whatever reason she left....she left with her world.....her son. Good bless Sara....Max.....and her loved ones.

AT: God bless her, hopefully dhr ahead contacts her mother & father to let them know shes safe..most of us can relate to her situation I sure know I can..no one in their right mind blames you sara...remember that.

HLW: i talked with sara alot and texted alot with her. i was real close with her. and she was very upset alot and told me alot. she went trough alot in home and out of home. sara told me alot. and she luves max with all her heart and soul. she ...would do anything to make sure he is with her all the time and give max the luv and whatever he needs. sara is a wonderful mom and caring. i will stand by my lil sara 100 percent! so if u dont have anything nice to say dont say nothing at all.

she has to turn up sometime, hopefully not at the Bates Motel.

[Image: batesmotel56.gif]

goes to show you can't always assume it's the spouse, even though it often is. you need some evidence first. some background and the backstory.

News10

NEWARK, Ohio — Family members of a missing woman and her child said on Tuesday night that she was likely coerced into running away from home.
OH PLEASE!

They told 10TV's Ashleigh Barry that their focus remains on bringing Sara Apple and her four-year-old son, Max, home safely.

The 24-year-old woman and son were reported missing on Friday night. Since then, her mobile phone has been turned off and her voicemail box is full.

Police suspect that Apple fled after taking money from the Fiberglas Federal credit union where she worked.

During an audit, the company discovered that hundreds of dollars were missing from her cash drawer, Barry reported.

Police said that they also found undelivered goodbye letters at her Newark home, along with a to-do list of products to buy and actions to take that would delay her discovery.

"She's never stolen a pencil, nothing in her life," said Trish Yohman, who is Sara Apple's mother. "I just don't believe that she would do this of her own free will."

Dozens of friends, families and even strangers gathered for a candlelight vigil on Tuesday night at Whitehall Yearling High School in hopes that their support would bring the pair home safely.

"The thought of not seeing her or Max again is just a terrible thought," Yohman said.

"I know we'll find them," said Mark Yohman, who is Sara Apple's father. "I can't wait to hug her and kiss Max all over. We'll find them."

Police said that the only victim in the case is Max Apple.

Sara Apple faces possible charges, including inducing panic and theft, Barry reported.

According to police, Sara Apple is believed to be driving a 2004 white Saturn Ion with Ohio license plate No. FCQ-5079. The vehicle also has a family icon sticker representing a family of four in the rear window.

Sara Apple is 5 feet tall and weighs about 140 pounds, police said. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Max is about 3 feet tall with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information about the pair is asked to call the Newark Division of Police at 740-670-7201 or 740-670-7934.

crappy thing to put her parents through.

NEWARK, Ohio — A Licking County woman and her young son were found safe on Sunday evening, more than a week after they were last seen.

Sara Apple and her 4-year-old son Max, were last seen June 9 in Newark. The two were reported missing by family members the next day.

Jenn Apple, Sara Apple's stepdaughter, told 10TV News that the two were found in Maine on Sunday. Both were expected to board a return flight back to Columbus on Monday, Jenn Apple said.

Investigators said earlier this week that they believe Apple orchestrated her disappearance.

They suspect she fled after taking money from the Fiberglas Federal credit union where she worked. A company audit discovered that hundreds of dollars were missing from her cash drawer, 10TV News reported.

Police said that they also found undelivered goodbye letters at Apple's Newark home, along with a to-do list of products to buy and actions to take that would delay her discovery.

Some of the notes were discovered by Apple's husband, Chris Apple. He said one of the letters was written to his son, leaving him to believe that his wife did not originally intend to take Max with her.

"(The note asked) to forgive her for leaving, and that she didn't want to take Max from me because she knew how much we meant to each other," he said.

On Wednesday, Chris Apple told 10TV News that he and his wife were working on an amicable dissolution of their marriage because of her infidelity, yet they continued to live in the same house in support of their son.

Glad everyone's safe, but, yeah, a crappy thing to put loved ones through. How far did she think she could get having stolen only a few hundred dollars...