Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
*Rejoice and Shout*
this is for our new member Meridian who is a singer. i want to hear more about it and hear some Etta or Billie or Mahalia! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
Meridian, have you seen this movie yet?

i love gospel, spirituals and roots music, blues...and am looking forward to seeing this movie~ Rejoice and Shout:

site
http://www.magpictures.com/rejoiceandshout/

a review:

Perhaps the most intense and emotional music one can ever hear is the best of African-American Gospel music.

Packed with evocative photos, rare audio recordings, stirring film appearances and TV performances, REJOICE AND SHOUT covers the 200 year musical history of African-American Christianity. Culled from hundreds of hours of music, REJOICE AND SHOUT features the crème de la crème of Gospel music.

REJOICE AND SHOUT traces the evolution of Gospel through its many musical styles – spirituals and early hymns, four-part harmony-based quartets, the integration of blues and swing into Gospel, the emergence of Soul, and the blending of Rap and Hip Hop elements.

Gospel music also walked in step with the story of African-American culture – from slavery, hardscrabble rural existence and plantation work, the exodus to major cities, the Depression, World War II, to the civil rights movement and empowerment. REJOICE AND SHOUT connects the history of African-American culture with Gospel as it first impacted popular culture at large – and continues to do.

[Image: a656d_rejoice-and-shout-450.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8PRahdZpeI

Wow! A thread for me?? NotworthyNotworthy Be back in a few. Gotta take the grandson to the Dairy Queen. I can say though that I have not seen Rejoice and Shout as of yet. I LOVE Mahalia Jackson. One of my most requested songs that people are ALWAYS, ALWAYS asking me to sing at funerals is Soon I Will Be Done, which is from the Imitation of Life. I think the movie, and the song, are sad beyond words. I have told my children that they had better not have that sad as song sung at my funeral. Nonetheless, people are always asking me to sing it. Go figure. Kewlpics
i want to hear you sing!

the movie, i pre-ordered it on Amazon if you're interested. they'll email you when it's released.

I love the avatar! It is perfect.89
(07-03-2011, 03:17 PM)Meridian Wrote: I love the avatar! It is perfect.89

i'm glad...it was so "you" in my mind's eye. Smiley_emoticons_wink

i found a cute little singer smiley for you haha---->

Attached Files
.gif   singer.gif (Size: 516 bytes / Downloads: 37)

You envisioned me just as I am. I don't see the singer smilie. Also, half the time when I try to reply on a thread, or even go from one thread to another, I get frozen out. Is that the norm?
Sing it, wench! I want to hear.

I have the voice of a crow; I love to hear people that can actually sing.
Commando Cunt Queen
If you had said the voice of a loon you would have been more accurate.

So we have another internet star in our midst, I suppose you and OP could sing as a trio, don't worry that there are only 2 names there, OP has multiple personalities and all of them are the best at everything together they contain the wisdom of the ages.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(07-03-2011, 11:45 PM)Meridian Wrote: You envisioned me just as I am. I don't see the singer smilie. Also, half the time when I try to reply on a thread, or even go from one thread to another, I get frozen out. Is that the norm?

the singer smiley IS there. i am attaching it again in this post. see it? are your settings preventing you?
just so you know, any tech problems, post here in HQ:

http://mockforums.net/forum-8.html

thanks!

Attached Files
.gif   singer.gif (Size: 516 bytes / Downloads: 23)

@ Lady: Ohhhh. I see it now. As a matter of fact, I even see it in your first post before.

@ username: can you hear me? I'm singing right now. Clears throat, "Soon I will be done with all the troubles of this world. The troubles of this world. The troubles of this old wor-or-orld. Soon I will be done with all the troubles of this world. I'm goin' to live with God ... " I bet you can throw down, if only in the shower.

@ Dick: I haven't had the pleasure of "meeting" the OP personalities yet. I'm no star, but I'm not too bad on the ears, from what I've been told.