Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Leiby Kletzky,8, NYC missing
I'm hoping for Old Testament justice.

The family and community are entitled.
i agree Tiki.
do the Orthodox bury him before sunset tonight?

yesterday i also thought of the Etan Patz case, very similar. back when this wasn't an everyday horror. that we knew about anyway. he was the first child on a milk carton.

NY Daily News
The terrifying abduction of Leiby Kletzky has drawn eerie comparisons to that of 6-year-old Etan Patz who disappeared more than 30 years ago under similar circumstances.

"The truth is that the evil that lurks out there still exists," said attorney Stuart GraBois, who has worked closely with Etan's family since he went missing in 1979.

"While people are much more aware of the dangers now, it is still scary out there."

Etan vanished in May 1979 as he walked from his family's SoHo apartment to his school bus stop two blocks away.

His disappearance led to a national movement to solve child abductions - with his picture being the first ever featured on the back of a milk carton.

The most direct parallel between the Etan and Leiby cases is that both occurred during the first time the boys had been allowed to walk alone in the street.

"That hit me immediately when I read the story this morning," GraBois said.

A key difference is that Etan's body was never found, while 8-year-old Leiby's dismembered remains were discovered Wednesday in a Dumpster and in the apartment of a man eyed as his killer.

Levi Aron has been taken into custody and police say he has made self-incriminating statements. But no one has ever been charged in Patz's disappearance.

That may soon change.

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance reopened the Etan Patz case last year after a jailhouse informant said convicted child sex abuser Jose Antonio Ramos - a friend of Patz's baby-sitter - had confessed to the killing.

Etan was declared legally dead in 2001. His parents, Stanley and Julie Patz, won a wrongful death suit against Ramos in 2004.

Ramos remains jailed in Pennsylvania after being convicted of molesting an 8-year-old boy. He is due out in November 2012.

Etan and Leiby
[Image: alg_patz_kletzky.jpg]

So disturbing! What a sick fuck!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/brooklyn-missin...d=14062563

...Police say Leiby left camp at 5:05 p.m. and missed the turn he was to take to meet his mother. He was lost and asked a stranger, Aron, for directions, police said. The suspect was reportedly described as wearing "trappings" of the Orthodox Jewish community.

Security video footage shows Leiby speaking to Aron on a corner by his car, police said. Aron then went across the street and entered a building, while Kletzky waited for seven minutes. When Aron returned, the boy and the man got into his car, police said. ...

A child asks for directions and ends up murdered. What a freak chance encounter. Had Leiby asked directions of any other person on the street, he'd most likely be alive. I just can't imagine the workings of this sick creep's mind to go from an apparently normal day to an encounter with a lost child, to and apparently instant plan to abduct (molest?) the child. From the above scenario, I surmise that the sicko told Leiby he'd give him a ride to his destination. I hope to God Leiby didn't see what was coming...

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
his remains were in the red suitcase seen in photo here.

his funeral will be at 7 PM tonight, wednesday. i don't know much about the Orthodox traditions in a case like this, other than all body parts and blood should be collected. my heart goes out to his family.

[Image: wabc_071311_murderedboy-11.jpg]

My heart hurts over this one. That video of him standing there all by himself waiting for help is pitiful; poor thing was probably so nervous and scared and then hopeful because that piece of trash offered him "help". Signs_173
over 10,000 people attended his funeral last night. male and female on different streets.
the parents do not know the child was dismembered. i hope they don't hear it on news or otherwise.

[Image: heart.jpg]

[Image: article-2013950-0D005B5100000578-413_634x455.jpg]

[Image: fod4-725x483.jpg]

Thousands of Hasidic Jews flocked to Borough Park Wednesday night for the funeral of Leiby Kletzky, the eight year old boy who was found murdered and dismembered on Wednesday morning.

Thousands of people poured into the streets of Borough Park, Brooklyn for the funeral of Leiby Kletzky. The 8-year-old boy was murdered after going missing on Monday.

The service started at about 9:30 p.m. A eulogy was given in Hebrew and Yiddish.

As is customary, men and women were separated on different streets.

Several politicians were among the crowd. Grown men were seen openly crying.

The boy's parents were described as devastated but Kletzky's father was expected to speak at the service.

In keeping with Orthodox Judaism, a funeral was put together quickly ahead of a seven-day mourning period.

Streets in the area were closed in anticipation of some 10,000 people showing up to pay their respects.

The boy was expected to be buried in New Jersey.

Clutching a podium at the little boy's funeral in Borough Park on Wednesday, he said in a humble voice, "God gives and God takes. Thank you, God, for giving you to us for nine years. We have to thank you for what You gave us."

Leiby's ninth birthday would have been next week.

Leiby's father was being spared the gruesome details surrounding his son's tragic death and did not yet know his only boy had been dismembered, a family friend said.

A sign posted outside their front door warned visitors not to discuss the issue.

"They didn't tell him his son was cut up," said Shia Dembitzer, 51. "It's bad enough. The less he knows right now, the better."

more here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...boy-8.html

funeral photos on prior page.

the child was tied with a rope. but he fought for his life.

[Image: Missing%20Boy_Norm.jpg]
Leiby Kletzky appears to have fought for his life to the very end as his deranged killer allegedly smothered him with a towel, cops said Thursday.

Marks found on Levi Aron's arms and wrists have led investigators to believe the 8-year-old boy resisted before he was killed.

"Based on marks on the defendant it appears that there was some sort of struggle," said NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

Aron, 35, is charged with abducting little Leiby off a Borough Park street, killing him and then dismembering his remains.

Kelly said the disturbing details of the case had shaken even seasoned investigators.

"It defies all logic and I think that is what makes it so terribly disturbing," he said. "To be killed in this manner is just heartbreaking. It is baffling."

The desperate 30-plus-hour search for Leiby ended Wednesday when cops stormed into Aron's blood-spattered Brooklyn kitchen and found the boy's severed feet in Ziploc bags in the freezer.

Aron, a mentally "slow" hardware clerk, has been charged with murdering Leiby, whose remains were also found in a trash bin 2 miles away.

Aron gave cops a chilling confession, describing in graphic detail how he suffocated the child with a bath towel and carved up the body in a "panic."

"I understand it may be wrong, and I am sorry for the hurt I have caused," Aron said in his hand-written statement.
He also gave a video-taped confession in which he was unemotional and deadpan, sources said.

"He spoke matter of factly. He was not crying or anything like that," said a source.

Investigators seized his computer and pulled his cell phone records.

The murder left the Orthodox Jewish community reeling, even as the macabre details were hidden from the victim's devastated parents.

Thousands gathered in the streets for Leiby's funeral Wednesday night, and Mayor Bloomberg called the crime "a stunning shock to our entire city."

Leiby vanished early Monday evening while walking home from a Borough Park day camp alone for the first time. Police said that even though he had practiced the route, he got lost and approached Aron for help.

"It was just happenstance, and a terrible fate for this young boy," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

In his confession, Aron spun a bizarre and improbable tale, claiming he simply offered to give Leiby a lift to a Jewish bookstore, then invited him to a wedding in upstate Monsey.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime...z1S6b7lz14

here comes the insanity defense:

Defense attorneys Pierre Bazile and Gerard Marrone told the court that Aron has said he hears voices and hallucinates. They requested an exam to determine whether Aron understands the charges, and asked authorities to keep him under suicide watch while he's in custody.

edited text of confession.

he did not take the child to the wedding. he left him tied up watching TV. (Leiby did not have TV at his home.)

My name is Levi Aron… On Monday evening around 5:30 I went to my dentist, Dr. Sorcher, to make a payment for visit for exam routine.

A boy approached me on where the Judaica book store was. He was still there when went out from the dentist’s office. He asked me for a ride to the Judaica book store. While on the way he changed his mind and wasn’t sure where he wanted to go.

So I asked if he wanted to go for the ride — wedding in Monsey — since I didn’t think I was going to stay for the whole thing since my back was hurting. He said ok.

Due to traffic, I got back around 11:30 p.m. … so I brought him to my house thinking I’d bring him to his house the next day. He watched TV then fell asleep in the front room. I went to the middle room to sleep. That next morning, he was still sleeping when I was ready to leave.

So I woke him and told him I’ll bring him to his house… when I saw the flyers I panicked and was afraid. When I got home he was still there so I made him a tuna sandwich….

I was still in a panic … and afraid to bring him home. That is when approximately I went for a towel to smother him in the side room. He fought back a little bit until eventually he stopped breathing.

Afterwards I panicked because I didn’t know what to do with the body.… carried parts to the back room placing parts between the freezer and the refrigerator …

… went to clean up a little then took a second shower. I panicked and .. Then putting the parts in a suitcase. Then carrying suitcase to the car …placing in backseat on floor behind passenger side.

… drove around approximately around 20 minutes before placing it in the dumpster on 20th street just before 4th Avenue. Then went home to clean and organize.

I understand this may be wrong and I’m sorry for the hurt that I have caused.

[Image: LeviAron.B.jpg]

From Aron's statement above:

I understand this may be wrong and I’m sorry for the hurt that I have caused.

BBM. This guy is a piece of work. He's obviously sane enough to hold a job.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14...d=webmail1

I hadn't seen this before (though the source is the Post, so take with a grain of salt):

...Though his only other arrest was for public urination, the Post reported that it is believed Aron may have attempted to lure another boy into his car.

Hi there, here is a letter from the grieving family to all of us. We certainly did pray for this family that any blessings that were coming to us, that they be given to this family instead. We really do have a blessed life and we don't take it for granted, for one second. What a loving family and I look forward to meeting the little boy Liebby in Heaven one day. God bless them.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8273546...-community
Signs_173 his mom.

[Image: article-0-0D0D022F00000578-682_634x633.jpg]

The murdered eight-year-old Hasidic boy’s family spent the Sabbath trying to prevent his grieving mother from learning the full gruesome details about his death, relatives say.

Relatives are trying to keep the boy’s 36-year-old mother, Esther Kletzky, from learning how he was smothered and his corpse hacked to pieces almost a week ago, reported the New York Post.

Leiby’s grandfather Isaac Forster said she does not know the ‘terrible’ details and the family are ‘trying to do everything’ to prevent her finding out, reported the New York Post.

In fact, Leiby's ill great-grandmother does not even know he has died, relatives said.

The boy’s relatives are continuing the traditional Jewish mourning period for seven days after a death, known as ‘shiva’, at his home in Borough Park, Brooklyn, reported the New York Post.

‘It's a great loss, and we're devastated,’ said the boy's grandmother, Miriam Forster.

Other visitors and relatives have been arriving from as far away as Chicago to comfort the parents, and a prayer session was held in the family’s home.

Hebrew songs could be heard through the neighborhood, reported the New York Post.

Leiby was the only boy of Nachman and Esther Kletzky’s five children and was said to take his religious beliefs seriously. He was ‘the apple of his father’s eye,’ Mr Forster said.

Leiby used to attend services on the Sabbath with his grandfather and was said to be ‘into it’.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQewzJF-1lWpA9fiTk4qXO...l665Hwno_Q]

I am so sad for this family, but more so for his mother. I can not even imagine the guilt she is feeling for letting him walk to meet her. :(
I hope his mother never does learn the details. It's a long shot that she won't, but I cannot imagine ever coming back from knowing my child died like that. I agree with Prince, too. I always tend toward being overprotective much to my child's irritation, but it only takes one time, one chance, for a sick bastard to do his thing.
panem et circenses
NEW YORK - The medical examiner says 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky, who was allegedly abducted off a Brooklyn street, then killed and dismembered last week, was given a combination of drugs before he was smothered.

The cause of death was cited as intoxication from a muscle relaxant, an anti-psychotic drug and two pain medications, followed by smothering.

Prosecutors say Levi Aron lured Leiby to his home last week after the little boy got lost while walking home from an Orthodox Jewish day camp. The 35-year-old Aron has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and kidnapping.

article: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-2...ontentBody
i'm almost glad to know he may have been drugged unconscious before being assaulted and murdered. poor baby. :(

the circumstances of this one honestly made me sick to my stomach. I can only hope that fucking monster takes a plea deal for a speedy trial, to spare Leiby's mother (and the rest of the family too..) from all the gory details they'd hear during a juried trial
(07-20-2011, 06:28 PM)koko Wrote: the circumstances of this one honestly made me sick to my stomach. I can only hope that fucking monster takes a plea deal for a speedy trial, to spare Leiby's mother (and the rest of the family too..) from all the gory details they'd hear during a juried trial

Amen. Signs_173
panem et circenses

This is one of the saddest stories in a crime forum filled with atrocious stories.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]