Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
dead wrong.
One bullet at wallmart used to be 10c till those bastards shot up collumbine and ruined it for the rest of you.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(08-24-2012, 11:57 AM)Jezreel Wrote: If someone can be rehabilitated then great, but the many that can't don't deserve the life of riley.

So, who's deciding on who can be rehabilitated? And in what timeframe?

(08-24-2012, 12:38 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Some people are worse than others. This guy EXECUTED 77 people. This wasn't 'in the heat of passion' or an accident. He deliberately killed 77 people.

Yes. That is why he will most probably never get out of prison again. As it should be, imo.

(08-24-2012, 11:57 AM)Jezreel Wrote: taxpayers foot the bill for their life.

(08-24-2012, 12:38 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: If he were here, I wouldn't want to waste one more dime on him.

I've heard this opinion lots of times before, and every time I reply, I manage to piss people off bigtime. Nevertheless, I will try to do so again. I promise to phrase it as mildly as I can, though:

What you are doing is putting a price to a person's life. Tell me, what exactly makes that different from a person murdering another for the cash in his wallet, or an inheritance? I just cannot comprehend how with that mindset, a society is supposed to ever raise sane, caring, happy people.

Look, guys, we will probably never see eye to eye with each other about this, but at least take a moment to ponder if the money that a human being costs is really a good basis to decide upon his/her death. Because if the general consensus will be that it is - boy am I going to buy me some nice, shiny weapons...
(08-24-2012, 01:21 PM)Ilyanna Wrote: What you are doing is putting a price to a person's life. Tell me, what exactly makes that different from a person murdering another for the cash in his wallet, or an inheritance? I just cannot comprehend how with that mindset, a society is supposed to ever raise sane, caring, happy people.

Look, guys, we will probably never see eye to eye with each other about this, but at least take a moment to ponder if the money that a human being costs is really a good basis to decide upon his/her death. Because if the general consensus will be that it is - boy am I going to buy me some nice, shiny weapons...

Ironically, it costs much more here (at least in California) to attempt to put a prisoner to death than to just stick them in jail for the rest of their lives.
(08-24-2012, 01:21 PM)Ilyanna Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 12:38 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: If he were here, I wouldn't want to waste one more dime on him.

I've heard this opinion lots of times before, and every time I reply, I manage to piss people off bigtime. Nevertheless, I will try to do so again. I promise to phrase it as mildly as I can, though:

What you are doing is putting a price to a person's life. Tell me, what exactly makes that different from a person murdering another for the cash in his wallet, or an inheritance? I just cannot comprehend how with that mindset, a society is supposed to ever raise sane, caring, happy people.

I'll try to put it mildly, too.

A person that murders 77 people in cold blood not only CAN'T be rehabilitated, but also doesn't DESERVE a chance to be rehabilitated.

I don't know how/why you're fixated on $$$. This is strictly a moral issue for me, as it is for most people I would imagine.
(08-24-2012, 12:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 12:34 PM)ESAD Wrote: Yeah, Norwegian prisons totally seem like a punishment :/ a complete deterrent.

The only thing I know about Norwegian prisons comes from the photos I posted earlier today. I know about American prisons & I know Americans, they'd never put up with a prison system like Norway appears to have. You go to prison to be punished here and that's as it should be.

Might go to Norway and commit a ton of murders, looks like a pretty chillin prison.

(08-24-2012, 01:25 PM)username Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 01:21 PM)Ilyanna Wrote: What you are doing is putting a price to a person's life. Tell me, what exactly makes that different from a person murdering another for the cash in his wallet, or an inheritance? I just cannot comprehend how with that mindset, a society is supposed to ever raise sane, caring, happy people.

Ironically, it costs much more here (at least in California) to attempt to put a prisoner to death than to just stick them in jail for the rest of their lives.

Bullshit, that is not true.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(08-24-2012, 01:21 PM)Ilyanna Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 11:57 AM)Jezreel Wrote: If someone can be rehabilitated then great, but the many that can't don't deserve the life of riley.

So, who's deciding on who can be rehabilitated? And in what timeframe?

Obvisouly qualified people and judges will be the ones deciding.
Just one example but there is no way that I beleive a peodohile can ever be rehabilitated, there is something missing in them and there is no cure, not even castration.

This is just an example, there are more types.

And Breivik, I don’t think he can be rehabilitated either, his twisted views will not change, he has no remorse and is proud of what he has done. This guy is not only laughing because he got what he wanted accomplished, he is laughing because his new home is quite luxurious.
He will speak with psychiatrists, tell them what they want to hear, no doubt try to play mind games with everyone, but he will always be proud of being a cold blooded mass murderer and should never be released.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(08-24-2012, 01:36 PM)ESAD Wrote: Bullshit, that is not true.

The state's 714 death row prisoners cost $184 million more per year than those sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

A death penalty prosecution costs up to 20 times as much as a life-without-parole case.

The least expensive death penalty trial costs $1.1 million more than the most expensive life-without-parole case.

Jury selection in a capital case runs three to four weeks longer and costs $200,000 more than in life-without-parole cases.

The state pays up to $300,000 for attorneys to represent each capital inmate on appeal.

The heightened security practices mandated for death row inmates added $100,663 to the cost of incarcerating each capital prisoner last year, for a total of $72 million.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/20/...s-20110620
(08-24-2012, 01:56 PM)username Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 01:36 PM)ESAD Wrote: Bullshit, that is not true.

The state's 714 death row prisoners cost $184 million more per year than those sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

A death penalty prosecution costs up to 20 times as much as a life-without-parole case.

The least expensive death penalty trial costs $1.1 million more than the most expensive life-without-parole case.

Jury selection in a capital case runs three to four weeks longer and costs $200,000 more than in life-without-parole cases.

The state pays up to $300,000 for attorneys to represent each capital inmate on appeal.

The heightened security practices mandated for death row inmates added $100,663 to the cost of incarcerating each capital prisoner last year, for a total of $72 million.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/20/...s-20110620

Yeah but thats becoz they make most of them wait on death row in super wings of prisons for 10-20 years before they kill them, unless they are niggers.

if they just killed them when they were sentanced to death, they would save every coin of that.

(08-24-2012, 01:59 PM)ESAD Wrote: Yeah but thats becoz they make most of them wait on death row in super wings of prisons for 10-20 years before they kill them, unless they are niggers.

if they just killed them when they were sentanced to death, they would save every coin of that.

I know but I don't see them speeding up the process (in fact, I don't think California has executed anyone since around 2006 because of issues surrounding the injections used) so I'm going to vote in November to end the death penalty here.

Tired of school cuts while we spend all this money NOT putting prisoners to death.
Put niggers to death, leave white men on the wings!!!!11!!!

I cannot see any reason for any person to feel superior to another,

There is no reasoning to be seen when someone brutally murders innocent people because they DO think they're superior to their victims.

It's nice of you to hope for peace on earth, but you can't seriously think that the whole world will ever be on the same page.

That superior Asshole needs 77 bullets in his skull...one from a family member of each of his victims.
(08-24-2012, 09:36 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:27 AM)Ilyanna Wrote: Out of curiousity: Have you ever been denied the freedom of leaving a place for, say, more than a week, MS?

Are you referring to my prison statement?

I did a stretch at the Federal Pen in St.Cloud (almost 4 years) and believe me, Norway's prison looked mighty comfy.

There is no FedPen in St. Cloud. Just a mean looking state prison.

So what were you in for?
Anyone want the docu?

(08-24-2012, 03:51 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:36 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:27 AM)Ilyanna Wrote: Out of curiousity: Have you ever been denied the freedom of leaving a place for, say, more than a week, MS?

Are you referring to my prison statement?

I did a stretch at the Federal Pen in St.Cloud (almost 4 years) and believe me, Norway's prison looked mighty comfy.

There is no FedPen in St. Cloud. Just a mean looking state prison.

So what were you in for?

MS lies. If he had spent any time in a prison, he would have been fucked in the ass to death.
(08-24-2012, 04:43 PM)username Wrote: MS lies. If he had spent any time in a prison, he would have been fucked in the ass to death.

Is this ^^^ a backhanded compliment?

*face palm*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Jezreel Wrote:Obvisouly qualified people and judges will be the ones deciding.

Yeah, one would hope that, preferrably ones who judge each person individually. But even the most qualified people need time to evaluate the mental stability of a person.

(08-24-2012, 01:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I don't know how/why you're fixated on $$$. This is strictly a moral issue for me, as it is for most people I would imagine.

And yet you were the one who made the connection between $$$ and the death penalty, in the first place. Heh.
I wouldn't exactly call quoting two sentences once and replying to them 'being fixated', either. I admit that while I can to some extent understand most other reasons ppl have to be pro-death penalty or call for very strict prison conditions, though, that this is the one reason that makes my blood pressure rise instantaneously, so that's why I picked it out of everything else you and Jezreel said.

Anyway, with regards to the treatment of prisoners, I am used to stand pretty much alone with my opinion. I can live with that.

FAHQTOO Wrote:It's nice of you to hope for peace on earth

I don't give a flying fuck about peace on earth. I just can't stand the hypocrisy of humans in general demanding moral/ethical behavior in others and then turning into vindictive assholes as soon as they get the chance.
That, and I simply don't believe in artificial hierarchies.

(08-24-2012, 04:35 PM)ESAD Wrote: Anyone want the docu?

Absolutely.
(08-24-2012, 05:10 PM)Ilyanna Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:35 PM)ESAD Wrote: Anyone want the docu?

Absolutely.

I uploaded it for another site

discovery channel Norway massacre the killers mind.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vlbla6c5kl1l7mq

Enjoy.

Thanks!
yw