Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do those Mass Political Campaign calls really work?
OK-so far I've received voice recorded campaign calls from:

Ron Paul, Rick perry, Michelle Bachmann, and a couple of people I've never heard of.

This isn't even the election year-I can't imagine what next year is going to be like.

My question to anyone is...Has one of those types of calls changed your mind about a candidate? (Good or Bad)?

Also, is there anyway to stop these calls-my number is unlisted, so do they just random dial?
(08-17-2011, 04:06 PM)cannongal Wrote: so do they just random dial?

They are computer generated.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If it was Sam Elliot on the other end of the phone, I'd do anything he asked.

ANYTHING!
(08-17-2011, 04:06 PM)cannongal Wrote: My question to anyone is...Has one of those types of calls changed your mind about a candidate? (Good or Bad)?

I hang up on all recorded calls unless they're from Blockbuster.
Commando Cunt Queen
They go after Independents like crazy. Years ago there were not many, today I wish everyone was a registered Independent. Make them sweat I say.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I'm a registered Independent.

Some days I think I might not even vote in the next election but I have this theory that one has no right to bitch/complain if one doesn't vote. I'm pretty much sick of everything that surrounds politics, I don't like any of them, I don't trust any of them, other than Bill & Hillary I can't think of a one of them that I would invite into my home. Bah. It's even too much to think about right now.
(08-18-2011, 05:52 AM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

Some days I think I might not even vote in the next election but I have this theory that one has no right to bitch/complain if one doesn't vote.

I love this saying, I piss people off with it. I hear people bitch all the time about taxes and politicians, I ask them if they voted in the last election-I often hear 'no, I didn't like any of the candidates.'

Well quit your bitchen, then. If you can't be bothered to go to your town election and vote on the budget-then don't fuckin complain about potholes, snow removal, or school books.

Personally I'd rather pay an extra $50.00 in taxes to get my roads fixed, then pay $100.00 to the mechanic every 6 months for an alignment.

If one doesn't vote one has NO right to bitch/complain. None. 33
I just hang up...but if caller ID shows as "anonymous" or "private" I simply do not even pick up. Also if it is an out of state number that I do not know.
I think the "do not call" list does not include the political calls. Here in Western NY there was a special election for congress. I am not even in that district and I STILL got calls, sometimes 3 or 4 a day.
(08-18-2011, 05:52 AM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

I'm a registered Independent.

Some days I think I might not even vote in the next election but I have this theory that one has no right to bitch/complain if one doesn't vote.

When you are forced to choose between the lesser of the two evils or vote for a third party which doesn't have a chance then you have every right not to vote and still bitch.

The system was designed this way and just because a person doesn't choose to utilize the shitty system does not mean they are not informed or have no right to voice their opinion.

No vote = No right to bitch.

If all the bitchers would vote, maybe things would change.

I vote because someone died for my right to vote. I won't dishonor them by not voting, even if it takes hours of standing in line.

Why discuss politics with someone who doesn't vote? That's too much like listening to someone bitch just for the hell of it. Or like listening to someone else's husband bitch. Fuck that.

Which one of you fuckers don't vote? Hmm?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-18-2011, 06:22 PM)Cracker Wrote: No vote = No right to bitch.

If all the bitchers would vote, maybe things would change.

How is voting going to change anything when the system is corrupt? Both major parties are controlled by corporate America and the wealthiest, they are the ones who controll who wins by their contributions. The elected produce something that will keep their contributors happy while fooling the public that they have them in their interest.

You can make a difference by voting in state and local elections. Your vote counts in those.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-18-2011, 07:17 PM)Cracker Wrote: You can make a difference by voting in state and local elections. Your vote counts in those.

Oh, I know that. Thats where it counts the most I think. I was talking more about the presidential election.

I don't know, miss sally, I am a disenfranchised presidential voter. Sometimes you just have to go vote so you can say, "I didn't vote for that stupid mutherfucker." Plus, they give you a "I Voted!" sticker shaped like a peach to wear all day so you don't look like a douche. I think they have those in Spanish now, too.

Holy fuck! They do:
[Image: 1717.jpg]
Are you ready?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
They have i voted stickers in Spanish?

Sí, sí voté! Smiley_emoticons_smile
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Puta Madre!