Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars
Ok here is a question, help please. I am mechanically and domestically challenged.

Auto transmission - it's going into neutral when it should be changing gears... eg Going up hill, goes into neutral and just revs. Down hill - it goes into neutral. I then manually put it into second gear, the autotransmission is forced to change gear and it goes back to normal.

I am expecting tax cheque next week, does this mean that my taxes are going to pay for this?

What does it sound like?
It sounds very much like you need a new car.
Spend your money wisely.
"rock out with your mock out"[Image: JwIfl.gif]

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you checked the fluid level lately? I had an old car that would do that when the fluid got low.

Also, a transmission additive, like Luka's Transmission oil, might help. (not sure if they have Luka's in Australia, but an auto parts store may be able to recommend an additive for you.

Good luck!
Thanks guys I don't think there is an easy answer there. I will take it to the professionals.
Take the fucking bus, you have no business owning a car if you can't do something as simple as checking the fluid level.

Take the car in and have the transmission serviced, change the filter and fluid.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-18-2011, 10:27 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Take the fucking bus, you have no business owning a car if you can't do something as simple as checking the fluid level.

wow-someone woke up with a wedgie this morning! Smiley_emoticons_fies

(08-18-2011, 10:43 AM)cannongal Wrote: wow-someone woke up with a wedgie this morning! Smiley_emoticons_fies

Phenominal post Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch You should consider a careeer in stupid.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-18-2011, 10:53 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Phenominal post Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch You should consider a careeer in stupid.

Nah-I considered that career once, then I heard you were a card carrying member, and decide I couldn't compete with a king. Notworthy

(08-18-2011, 11:02 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 10:53 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Phenominal post Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch You should consider a careeer in stupid.

I couldn't compete with a king. Notworthy

I'm not a king, I'm a legend, and if you keep flirting with me I want pictures.

John Adams

I kept all his photos, CG, I'll pass them on to you. He had the nerve to put a beard on me so I don't owe him anything.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
John Adams

I'm always flirtin with disaster...anyway posted some pics in the members photo section...go have a good laugh now. Smiley_emoticons_smile
You know what dick? i know how to change the fluid. I am not taking the bus! I don't have time. There's a war going on out there you know.

Cannongal, put a sock in it. The last thing dick needs is backup.
711 do you have a mechanic that you trust? A place that you are a regular customer? It could be anything from a linkage problem to a vacuum leak. What kind of car is it? I could check my transmission trouble shooting guide at least that way you won't look like a dumbass when you bring it in.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It's a magna. What happens is, when it is changing gears on the higher gears it wont go up, it goes into neutral, then I have to manually put it into 2nd gear to force the autotransmission to grab onto a gear and then I can put it back into drive. I do have some mechanics I trust. But I have been sick. I will probably tackle this one on monday. I am so exhausted. But it dosent help having car stuff on top of it. I am way behind in my studies.
Geez, I just wanted to know what kind of car you had, not the story of your life. One thing at a time smelly.
It sounds like the vacuum line got disconnected from the engine, or there is a split or crack that opens once the engine warms up. that would make it change gears if you went up a hill and the line stopped resting on something. Check for cracked lines even in the front, if they are bad replace them. Ask the mechanic to do a vacuum check from the transmission I believe it is only one line that goes there. If it is drawing more than it should there is a leak.
Does it work fine when you first start it up? Then you may drive a few miles and it starts acting up?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-18-2011, 05:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Cannongal, put a sock in it. The last thing dick needs is backup.

How the hell did you come up with that thought?? I fucking called him the king of stupidity, and you think that's a back up??? That's about the dumbest thing I ever heard.
(08-18-2011, 08:46 PM)cannongal Wrote: I fucking called him the king of stupidity, and you think that's a back up??? That's about the dumbest thing I ever heard.

that's a compliment for dick.
(08-18-2011, 08:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: Geez, I just wanted to know what kind of car you had, not the story of your life. One thing at a time smelly.
It sounds like the vacuum line got disconnected from the engine, or there is a split or crack that opens once the engine warms up. that would make it change gears if you went up a hill and the line stopped resting on something. Check for cracked lines even in the front, if they are bad replace them. Ask the mechanic to do a vacuum check from the transmission I believe it is only one line that goes there. If it is drawing more than it should there is a leak.
Does it work fine when you first start it up? Then you may drive a few miles and it starts acting up?

Cut me some slack maggot, I am over this flu. I will mention those things. I am taking it to a auto transmission person in the city.

It does work fine when i start it up.
(08-18-2011, 11:45 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I am taking it to a auto transmission person in the city.

It does work fine when i start it up.

If the tricycle fits, wear it. You can even get one of those bell things. Bring, bring!!!
Commando Cunt Queen