Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coffee or Tea?
which do you prefer? what kinds? how do you brew? Compcoff

COFFEE~~
i have an electric percolator because the drip things never make it strong or hot enough. and i have a classic camping coffee pot for stove top. also some fancy Italian expresso thingy that makes a small amount of strong coffee. when i worked in florida i lived on iced coffee, i hate to admit dunky donuts iced coffee is delicious. i used to always grind my own beans, don't bother anymore. there is such a variety you can grind in the store.

[Image: 20080106_coffee_grounds.jpg]

TEA~~
i drink much more tea than coffee. all day every day. i love Twinings English Breakfast and Lady Jane.
i have so many gorgeous tea pots and tea sets because i enjoy the look and the tradition of English tea service. i buy it loose very often, have lots of nice strainers too.
i love my tea and it's an excuse to buy pretty pots and cups i don't need. from Royal Doulton to antiques and holiday designs.

[Image: cup-of-tea.jpg?w=428]

[Image: pretty+tea+strainer.jpg]

Coffee. In bulk, not the little fancy bags, the big blue plastic Maxwell House that I refill with the solid brick (see, I recycle). I put powdered creamer in it (no sugar, no fancy disgusting fucking creamers), so I don't even pretend to be fancy by buying the good stuff (only at Christmas or if I have company).

Unsweetend iced tea otherwise. Because I'm not a fucking hummingbird.

Now the rest of you don't fucking lie, either.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
yep. sun tea (for iced tea) in a gallon jug all summer. at the ready.

I drink way to much coffee.. Only time I drink tea is if I have a cold and need a hot toddy.

Coffee! Black! Maxwell House or Folgers, I don't care which one, I'm looking to get jacked up on caffeine & as long as it performs, it's good enough for me. I have a kickass Krups coffeemaker, I love that thing, it has a "brain".
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
coffee IS freaking expensive!! juan valdez must have died or something.

i think that was cocaine in his saddle bags anyway.

[Image: 1149152702_6420.jpg]

I have one of those Mr. Coffee Iced Tea machines. Freaking LOVES IT! You should get one. You don't think you'll use it, but you do. I stopped putting mine in the cabinet because we use it almost every day. I put the toaster in the cabinet instead.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-20-2011, 10:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I'm looking to get jacked up on caffeine & as long as it performs, it's good enough for me. I have a kickass Krups coffeemaker, I love that thing, it has a "brain".

Yeah, coffee is my drug, too. I need it. I really need it.

I wanted one of the fancy coffee machines but got the top of the line Mr. Coffee one for Christmas, so it's all good. The good coffee machines make coffee sooooo hot you can't drink it for ten minutes. I think that's the key. It makes Maxwell House taste like Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
(08-20-2011, 10:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:
Maxwell House or Folgers, I don't care which one.

OMG!

I thought only seniors drank that stuff.

Putting that crap into your Krups is like child abuse!

For shame!

(08-20-2011, 11:03 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I thought only seniors drank that stuff.

Listen, Kona Whore, you do what you gotta do.

i think folgers is comparable to using the sludge from the oil spill. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(08-20-2011, 11:03 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I thought only seniors drank that stuff.

I want my senior discount then, damnit.

(08-20-2011, 11:05 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i think folgers is comparable to using the sludge from the oil spill. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Cop Coffee Whore.

hah

I'm just proud of you for getting off the donuts. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
My Gaggia would bitch slap me if I used that 'wrinkle, blue veined' shit.

And then it would come visit your Mr. Coffee and make it squeal like a toaster!

I wouldn't drink my coffee if it wasn't tasty to me.

Some days by 9:00 AM I look like a speed freak. If my hands weren't busy on the keyboard they would have a death grip on my chair arms.
Neither. I've never tasted coffee in my whole 46 yrs. The smell gags me. Tea without a ton of sugar is nasty, so I don't even bother. I must be a hummingbird!
I drink mostly ice water or an occasional siera mist.
(08-20-2011, 11:09 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I wouldn't drink my coffee if it wasn't tasty to me.

Time to re-educate your palate.

Or start filling your wine cellar with mylar filled boxes of vino.

I know that many people who drink coffee are serious about it. I'm only looking to get jacked up & not be offended by the taste, as long as those two things are satisfied, I'm good to go.
i've been buying this stuff for a couple years now. it's pretty damn good, when it's on sale i hit the store early and clean off the shelf.
they have all kinds of flavors, i hate that shit, just get the breakfast blend.
and decaf? why bother?

[Image: 800px-New_England_Coffee_Company_Products.jpg]

(08-20-2011, 11:08 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: My Gaggia would bitch slap me if I used that 'wrinkle, blue veined' shit.

And then it would come visit your Mr. Coffee and make it squeal like a toaster!

hah

I might as well dig my hole a little deeper here: McDonalds has great coffee. That's what I get when I travel. No Starbucks for me.