Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hurricane Irene
friday morning

[Image: map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg]

I guess I will break out my new kite and give it the stress test. I should get a wind speed thing today.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-26-2011, 09:51 AM)Maggot Wrote: I guess I will break out my new kite and give it the stress test.

Wear gloves to avoid string burn. It hurts when the kite finds a good blow.Smiley_emoticons_razz
the good news is NYC could be wiped off the face of the earth. see ya Frank Hibye

kissing your cute arse goodbye~ 37 Smiley_emoticons_bussi

[Image: article-2028553-0D93302B00000578-111_634x417.jpg]

What New York could look like: This graphic on CNN showed how Hurricane Irene could devastate Manhattan with floods

(08-26-2011, 11:35 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: the good news is NYC could be wiped off the face of the earth.

This is going to help the 'recovery'.

And guarantee Obama a second term.

I hear china is beautiful this time of year. or maybe libya.

If Obama gets a second term I'm going full out entitlements for my household. I would recommend everyone else quit their jobs stop being productive and join the entitlement band wagon also.

It will be like an early retirement.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-26-2011, 11:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Whuuuat?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-26-2011, 12:01 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Whuuuat?

Never mind. I thought I was in the mood but I wasn't.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i knew he'd bail.

President Obama today warned the East Coast to “be prepared for the worst” as Hurricane Irene is poised to rip through the South today and is on track to bring tropical downpours in Massachusetts tomorrow and whipping winds at its height on Sunday.

White House officials added the president will leave Martha’s Vineyard tonight. Hibye

Gov. Deval Patrick has activated 500 members of the National Guard in response to the impending storm. also State Troopers.

Obama, speaking on Martha’s Vineyard this morning, said all indications suggest Hurricane Irene will be an “historic” storm.

Commando Cunt Queen
The media is eating this up like a kid with a big bowl of candy the day after Halloween. With a big smile and a sparkle in their eye.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-26-2011, 02:09 PM)Maggot Wrote: The media is eating this up like a kid with a big bowl of candy the day after Halloween. With a big smile and a sparkle in their eye.

If you need to talk to Obama He will be 10 stories below the whitehouse in the presidential safe rooms.

But don't worry he will emerge victorious over this storm. He walked in selma after all, He knows how to stand tall in the face of adversity.
John Adams

LC, Are you in the Cape Cod area? I am interested in any reports from Nantucket. We used to have a cabin out at the end of the island in Madaket. The family sold it about 5 years ago because it was becoming more and more obvious that some day it would fall into the ocean. This could very well be the storm that finishes the job.

Reporting now from south central NC, we are getting some winds and the sky is very overcast, but are not expecting much impact here.
i live on the Cape.

here is Nantucket news:

http://www.ack.net/

[Image: cape_cod_map_rentals.jpg]
[Image: Cape_Cod_Bay_map.png]

Cool stuff.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/satellite.shtml
John Adams

NOAA is the only thing i rely on.

Thanks LC, See that little spit of land at that sticks out on the bottom/left (western) side of the Nantucket map? The cabin was located on that lower piece of land, it used to go out to Smith's point. A Nor' Easter' a few years ago split Smith's point from the main island.

(08-26-2011, 02:45 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i live on the Cape.

here is Nantucket news:

http://www.ack.net/

[Image: cape_cod_map_rentals.jpg]
[Image: Cape_Cod_Bay_map.png]

the hurricane of 1938 here killed 600 people. Irene is being compared with that legendary storm. link here has many photos from back then:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...storm.html

[Image: the_great_hurricane_1938.large_.jpg]