Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweetie Darling! crack open the Bolly!
Dammit! I just got the Roku and cut the cable. I totally forgot about this.

If anybody finds it online, let me know. Comcast can kiss my ass with their Xfinity boxes that go out every five minutes. I will not pay for bad service any longer.

Cracker is sad.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Ha! I can watch it now. I mean RIGHT NOW! I downloaded Expat Shield and am now watching AbFab 1. Identity.

Yay!

I can also now watch all the BBC channels and ITV. You should check it out LC.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i will Cracker, thanks!!

was it good?

why was Saffie in prison??

(12-16-2011, 09:17 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: we'll all watch it together and critique here after. 57

bolly is required for viewing.

Did you see the episode where they went shopping in the supermarket, and they got really pissed drunk. Then they crashed the car and the police busted them. Then in court she Eddie got up in a rant saying that you should only tax stupid people. Bloody hilarious. Then in the end they had to go and clean people who were old and clean their homes and they smelt of urine.
(01-04-2012, 06:03 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i will Cracker, thanks!!

was it good?

Yes, it was good. I just watched the first episode. It needed more Patsy. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I don't want to give any spoilers, so highlight it if you want to read it:
Saffie was in prison because she got fake passports for some amnesty people.

Don't quote this if you don't want to know!

To watch British TV, including ITV and BBC (Yay!) you:
1. Install Expat Shield (didn't mess up my computer at all, can be turned off and on when needed)
2. Go to BBC iPlayer (search in the Expat search field, same for ITV iPlayer)

Smiley_emoticons_smile
Second episode is hilarious so far. haha
(01-04-2012, 07:10 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(01-04-2012, 06:03 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i will Cracker, thanks!!

was it good?

Yes, it was good. I just watched the first episode. It needed more Patsy. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I don't want to give any spoilers, so highlight it if you want to read it:
Saffie was in prison because she got fake passports for some amnesty people.

Don't quote this if you don't want to know!

To watch British TV, including ITV and BBC (Yay!) you:
1. Install Expat Shield (didn't mess up my computer at all, can be turned off and on when needed)
2. Go to BBC iPlayer (search in the Expat search field, same for ITV iPlayer)

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Hot damn, I'm giving that a try! I've ended up buying Dr Who and Torchwood episodes because their site's blocked. Bastards.

Edited to add: That was super easy to do, thanks for the info. I've looked for a way to by-pass their filters but never saw this option. Woo hoo!
I'm going to check out ITV this weekend: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/bychannel/?Filter=ITV1

British TV rocks.
(01-05-2012, 06:13 PM)Cracker Wrote: I'm going to check out ITV this weekend: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/bychannel/?Filter=ITV1

British TV rocks.

It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(01-05-2012, 08:10 PM)NightOwl Wrote: It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!

Cracker is perplexed.
(01-05-2012, 09:06 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 08:10 PM)NightOwl Wrote: It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!

Cracker is perplexed.

British T.V. marvelous!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
isn't that a Mary Poppins phrase from a Disney movie filmed in Burbank CA.? with Dick Van Dyke doing a horrible and widely-ridiculed fake accent?

oh well, she was an English nanny.

I'm so disappointed, itv player doesn't have the second season of Downton Abbey. :(

ETA: but the bbc iplayer has second season Sherlock!
(01-07-2012, 11:48 AM)Smegma Wrote: I'm so disappointed, itv player doesn't have the second season of Downton Abbey. :(

I'll check out the Downton Abbey.

I watch Sherlock, too. I didn't like the first episode of the second season as much.

Look at us, two forsaken women with our Netflix and hacked British TV. haha

Midsomer Murders
Trial and Retribution
Wire in the Blood
Hotel Babylon
Inspector George Gently
Miss Marple
Poirot
Touch of Frost
Inspector Lewis
Rumpole of the Bailey
Prime Suspect
AB FAB
Keeping Up Appearances
Doc Martin
Sherlock Holmes
Inspector Lynley
Inspector Morse
Mystery!
Dalziel and Pascoe
The Duchess of Duke Street
Luther

There are more, let me think... Please add yours.
(01-07-2012, 12:01 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(01-07-2012, 11:48 AM)Smegma Wrote: I'm so disappointed, itv player doesn't have the second season of Downton Abbey. :(

I'll check out the Downton Abbey.

I watch Sherlock, too. I didn't like the first episode of the second season as much.

Look at us, two forsaken women with our Netflix and hacked British TV. haha

Midsomer Murders
Trial and Retribution
Wire in the Blood
Hotel Babylon
Inspector George Gently
Miss Marple
Poirot
Touch of Frost
Inspector Lewis
Rumpole of the Bailey
Prime Suspect
AB FAB
Keeping Up Appearances
Doc Martin
Sherlock Holmes
Inspector Lynley
Inspector Morse
Mystery!
Dalziel and Pascoe
The Duchess of Duke Street
Luther

There are more, let me think... Please add yours.

I watched Wire in the Blood on netflix, started watching Doc Martin on hulu and ended up buying last season at amazon because I'm impatient and I definitely buy Luther because Idris Elba is the hottest man alive. Second season of Luther wasn't as good though.

Are you a Doctor Who and/or Torchwood fan? Misfits? Being Human? I like a touch of the fantastic.

Nobody likes Hugo Award winners better than Cracker, but for some reason I never liked Dr. Who. I haven't tried watching it in years, but when I see the logo, I am not even tempted. I know Dr. Who fans are rabid about it, so maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Torchwood is on my list to watch. I see the Misfits and Being Human choices, haven't watched them either. I was watching some show about Britain being wiped out by a virus, but I stopped for some reason. I think I like the older shows and crime shows better (I'm not that into crime, stay away from me people from Ohio).
I hated the old Who, I started watching when Christopher Eccleston starred.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Survivors, I enjoyed that even though a lot of it was kind of cringe worthy in its stupidity. Primeval was fun the first few seasons as well.

Told you I've got shit taste in shows. The cheesier the better, with lots of violence and CGI dinosaurs.

ETA: Prime Suspect.
new Downton starts Sunday night on PBS.

and the Ab Fab will be on BBCA.

I don't get any TV that isn't available online. No cable, no digital TV.
(01-07-2012, 01:15 PM)Smegma Wrote: I don't get any TV that isn't available online. No cable, no digital TV.

This is my first week EVER without cable. I am okay so far. They pissed me off and I am making a stand. If I don't go back to them (the smartassed guy at the cable place told me I have 30 days to change my mind, smug bastard. I won't.) I have won a media battle.

It isn't about the money. I can afford cable. It is the idea. Bad service for good money irritated me and their "we are the only cable company" attitude sealed the deal. Cracker Revolts. (Both ways, I understand the implication of that statement.)