Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MTV VMAs 2011
Did anyone watch it?

If you did, did you like it? What did you think of it?

Jersey Shore/Whatever her name is Leachman (the old lady that hates betty white)/Kim Kardashian appearances giving out awards, err these people aren't actually talented. They don't actually do anything.

What did you think of Gaga as a man?

I watched the whole thing, I would like someones take on it. I thought it sucked. Why do I put myself through this. Kanye West? They let him back in? Then gave him an award. Ok, I will wait to see if any other mockers saw it.
I'd rather stick red hot pokers in my eyes that put myself through that ordeal.

The last time I saw the VMA's was back in about 1998 and it sucked back then, I bet it sucks even more now with what passes as pop music these days.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(09-09-2011, 09:26 AM)White Pud Wrote: I'd rather stick red hot pokers in my eyes that put myself through that ordeal.

I'm with you.

It's like the presidential debates with special effects.

And wardrobe malfunctions.

I watched parts of it. The only good part was when Adele sang. The rest of it sucked as the sound was really bad and it was noisy and chaotic so you couldn't even hear the music.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(09-09-2011, 09:26 AM)White Pud Wrote: I'd rather stick red hot pokers in my eyes that put myself through that ordeal.

That,then

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Why would they have a video awards show for a station that does not play videos?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-09-2011, 12:35 PM)Maggot Wrote: Why would they have a video awards show for a station that does not play videos?

They have about 8 other channels that play nothing but music videos.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Why do they have presidential debates when none of them are presidents?

And I'm still waiting on the answer to the question: "What's the speed of dark?"

I ain't talkin' Usain Bolt.
(09-09-2011, 01:43 PM)White Pud Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 12:35 PM)Maggot Wrote: Why would they have a video awards show for a station that does not play videos?

They have about 8 other channels that play nothing but music videos.

I never knew that, must be a dish reciever thing. I get 12 television channels. 13 if you include the one from the antenna.
They all get up and thank "Gad" or "God" to you folk, that's what it sounds like to me.

Yes Adele kicked it. The rest was special effects and bad jokes. I hate rap music, Beyonce took over the show to announce her baby bump at the end of her performance. it was a real Jay-z, kanye and beyonce thing. I hate the clickyness and god like creatures they and the MTV machine turn themselves into. To me it's abhorrant and the opposite of what art is supposed to be. It pisses me off.

I wont be watching any presidential debates that's for sure, I have dishes in the sink that need doin'.
I like Adele. She puts me in another world. Real talent is rare. Beonce sucks, never liked her. Rap has no melody and is NOT music but a social purge and like disco it sucks. (although I do like SOME disco like Donna Summer and stuff) The Academy awards, Grammy awards, all that shit is just everyone in Hollywood patting each other on the ass. Like when a football player gets a touchdown or a quarterback gets sacked. Hey look at me! Its all about money and how to generate more.
(09-09-2011, 07:57 PM)Maggot Wrote: I like Adele. She puts me in another world. Real talent is rare. Beonce sucks, never liked her. Rap has no melody and is NOT music but a social purge and like disco it sucks. (although I do like SOME disco like Donna Summer and stuff) The Academy awards, Grammy awards, all that shit is just everyone in Hollywood patting each other on the ass. Like when a football player gets a touchdown or a quarterback gets sacked. Hey look at me! Its all about money and how to generate more.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Probably could have spelt it better. that is amazing rare insight mr maggot. I am impressed.

ps beyonce is a show off, i don't care about her baby bump, put it away. she reminds me of diana ross when she was with the supremes, she has stepped on people to get where she is. rave rave rave, blah blah blah, vomit vomit vomit.
(09-09-2011, 09:07 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: ps beyonce is a show off, i don't care about her baby bump, put it away.

Don't hate cuz she gots a man!

(09-09-2011, 09:10 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 09:07 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: ps beyonce is a show off, i don't care about her baby bump, put it away.

hah boom, boom! ah yeh and don't we know it!
I haven't watched the MTV VMAs in about 5 years. Boring gathering of self-congratulatory "stars". Some of the musicians have mad talent, but celebrity award ceremonies in general rub me the wrong way.

I do love Tony Bennett though. Smooth. I would've enjoyed seeing him on the show, but I don't think he performed? I understand he recently recorded a duet of "Body and Soul" with Amy Winehouse and led the tribute to her. I liked Amy Winehouse's music, when she could hold it together enough to belt it out. Looking forward to hearing that song when it's released.

[Image: 6a00d8341c630a53ef015434c3e6d8970c-pi]

He just turned 85 and still going strong...
(09-09-2011, 09:27 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 09:10 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:

hah boom, boom! ah yeh and don't we know it!

Just for you aussie - she's really working the man and the bump photo opps. Bitch.

[Image: Beyonce-Pregnant-Bikini-400x300.jpg]
(09-09-2011, 11:36 AM)IMaDick Wrote:

That,then

hah ya know Dick I know I am on ignore and all that, but not every thread has to be turned into the OP and Dick show.
HoTD, here's the thing, alot of people have babies, but not everyone carries on with all that nonsense, it's demeaning, to the foetus (fetus) or something. it's not right.
(09-10-2011, 01:23 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: HoTD, here's the thing, alot of people have babies, but not everyone carries on with all that nonsense, it's demeaning, to the foetus (fetus) or something. it's not right.

I agree about the nonsense. I just couldn't resist posting the pics. Smiley_emoticons_wink When those photos appeared in my "news" block yesterday morning, my eyes rolled to the back of my head. News?
(09-10-2011, 01:21 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: hah ya know Dick I know I am on ignore and all that, but not every thread has to be turned into the OP and Dick show.

It's because Dick is a legend in his own mind, and believes the world revolves around his big fat mousy head. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

BTW, where is the "ignore" button? I'd like to ignore a few....