Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Devin Frenette, 9, found safe, Hampstead, NH
Oh thank god, finally a happy ending for one child! Smiley_emoticons_smile
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Smiley_emoticons_hurra3Smiley_emoticons_hurra3Smiley_emoticons_hurra3 I have some friends in Kingston and they were out this morning looking. I am very happy they found him.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Nice!! So good to hear a happy ending!
i knew he was hiding out! hahahaha

hah

Members of the Gill family, who found Frenette, told WMUR they live on Brown Hill Road, about 1,000 feet through the woods away from the boy's home.

The Gills said they came home Tuesday and found food scattered everywhere, including candy wrappers and applesauce containers.

Family members said they thought that the boy might be in their house and decided to look around, and they found him underneath the bed in the master bedroom. He was eating a half-gallon jug of pistachio ice cream and had a bottle of water.

The family said it called the police, who returned the boy to his parents' home.

Thank god. I'm glad your hunch proved true, LC. I can't believe the child was hiding out less than a mile from his home.

Side note: he may have the mentality of a 5 or 6 year old, but he knew he needed shelter and food, and he outsmarted how many adults over the course of 2 days?

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin:Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
he's missing again.

little bastard needs a spanking.

this is his 4th time running away.

[Image: 0b8a3514-af08-4629-8207-0e046d262a26_400.jpg]

HAMPSTEAD, N.H. -- A 9-year-old boy who went missing from his home last week has gone missing again, police said.

Police said Devin Frenette was last seen at about 11 a.m., and police were called at 11:45 a.m. A neighbor who saw the news coverage last week said they spotted Devin in the woods and called to him, but he didn't respond.

Hampstead residents reported receiving reverse 911 calls today. Residents are being asked to check their properties for the boy, who is 3 feet 6 inches tall and 50 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a yellow T-shirt, navy windjacket, navy windpants with a yellow stripe and Velcro sneakers with a white stripe, according to the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office.

His mother would not open the door when News 9 arrived, but she did confirm that Devin is missing.

Salem police said they sent two K-9s to help assist Hampstead police in the search.

Fish and Game officials told News 9 they have not yet been requested to assist yet.

[Image: 29529508_640X480.jpg]

Quote:Lady Cop wrote...
he's missing again.

little bastard needs a spanking.
Or military school! Obviously homeschooling isn't working.
(10-25-2011, 02:44 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote: Or military school! Obviously homeschooling isn't working.

No military school would ever accept him.

Do your kids think you're a bitch by any chance?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
leave him up there. he likes all this attention and rallying of the troops. little shit.

The Rockingham County Sheriff's Department would not release any more details on where he was found
by Kevin Clay/Staff 4:40 PM

He has been found safely in a tree
by Kevin Clay/Staff 4:3

(10-25-2011, 04:44 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: leave him up there. he likes all this attention and rallying of the troops. little shit.

The Rockingham County Sheriff's Department would not release any more details on where he was found

They have tracking devices now, you'd think the parents would put one on him.
Thank goodness he was found safe once again!

(10-25-2011, 03:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 02:44 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote: Or military school! Obviously homeschooling isn't working.

No military school would ever accept him.
Do your kids think you're a bitch by any chance?

My parent's always threatened with military school when we got into trouble. I was being sarcastic.

Actually, I am not usually a bitch. Mock just brings out the best/worst in me, depending on your perspective.
(10-25-2011, 04:55 PM)cannongal Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 04:44 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: leave him up there. he likes all this attention and rallying of the troops. little shit.

They have tracking devices now, you'd think the parents would put one on him.

i'd put an inmate ankle bracelet on him for his own welfare. this is 4 times. the resources expended are ridiculous and his parents need to start being charged $$$ for it.
he isn't being supervised well enough.

I'd send him back, he's too much trouble.
(10-25-2011, 05:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd send him back, he's too much trouble.

Now who is being bitchy?
(10-25-2011, 05:11 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote: Now who is being bitchy?

I was mocking the lil' fuck, you're just a bitch. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111.../710269977

Lost boy Found, But not sent home:

HAMPSTEAD — Reported missing twice in a week's time, 9-year-old Devin Frenette will likely be speaking to social workers and a judge Wednesday.

The boy, who disappeared for 29 hours last week, vanished again on Tuesday morning. He was found five hours later hiding in a tree, cold and shaking.

After a Hampstead police sergeant discovered Devin, he was driven to the police station, where police questioned him without his parents present, police Lt. John Frazier said.

Devin remained inside the station until 7:30 p.m. when he left a sally port in the front passenger's seat of a police cruiser. It wasn't clear where he was taken.

“He's been placed in a safe environment for tonight until we get more answers at a hearing,” Frazier said. He did not provide specifics on today's hearing, but said the case will go before a judge with the involvement of the New Hampshire Division of Children, Youth and Families.

DCYF investigates reports of child abuse and neglect.

Frazier said the agency was notified of the situation after last week's search. He wouldn't characterize the case as a criminal investigation, but said police are looking into the safety of the child.

“Obviously, since we're here again within a seven-day period, that changes things from our perspective to look into this a little bit further than we did last time,” he said.

Devin's father, Mark, has told some media outlets that his adopted son has some developmental delays. However, authorities have said they were not aware of any “clinical diagnosis.”

Tuesday was at least the fourth time the blond-haired, blue-eyed boy has disappeared since 2009.

Police launched the latest search after his mother, Kerrilyn Frenette, reported him missing around 11:45 a.m. He was last seen in his yard at 60 Catherine Ave., around 11 a.m. Tuesday.

As part of their Tuesday search, police returned to the house of Jeff and Claire Gill, where Devin was found last week asleep under a bed with a half-gallon of pistachio ice cream. His backpack containing some clothing was discovered outside the residence.

“We spoke to the homeowners and the place was locked this time, so he couldn't get in,” Frazier said.

Hampstead police spotted Devin around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday sitting on a branch about 10 feet up a tree near 115 East Main St.

“The child was fine when the officer found him. He was shaking, he was cold, but otherwise healthy,” Frazier said.

A week ago, Devin vanished from his yard, prompting a massive air and ground search that involved nearly 300 people, including many volunteers.

DCYF Director Maggie Bishop said state law prevents her from discussing the boy's situation. But she said teenagers are more likely to run away.

“Obviously, there's a concern that a child that young would be running away,” Bishop said. She said social workers would speak to the boy, his parents, his other family members, the school and police.

The agency would then recommend services and work with parents on changing behaviors.

“Safety locks are something we've done with families before, especially young children,” Bishop said. “I don't like the phrase lock-down. I don't think locking someone in a home is safe either.”

Hampstead police were assisted Tuesday by the Salem Police K-9 Unit, Plaistow police and the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department.

No one answered the phone or came to the door when a reporter attempted to reach Devin's parents at their home for a comment on the latest search.

New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Mark Hayward contributed to this article.

Knowing how taxed out NH DCYF is. I'm sure he'll end up back with his parents soon, but I still say he needs a tracking device.

At least they are checking into it.
Maybe they should figure out why this boy keeps hiding out.