Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Holiday Cooking
L.C. turned me on to the Bell seasoning. Its good stuff.[/b]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Well, if noone else is going to share their dang cookie and candy recipes, I will share one. I wasn't going to make anything cuz of the house and all, but I told one of my friends i was going to make a favorite of hers so then she says, could i also make the chex-mix so now i have to make the friggin' crap candy. I am so in a bah humbug mood. I will not be with family this year (first year ever); it's complicated. O.K. Here is the recipe. Note, this is not the savory kind with worchest...,garlic, etc. It is sweet kind. My son doesn't like the sweet kind.
10 cup of Crispex
1 small bag of pretzels (I don't use these, don't like them)
2 cups mixed nuts
2 cups cashews

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
12 c Karo syrup
Boil sugar, butter and syrup for 1 12 minutes
Stir into first mixture (that would be first 4 ingredients)
Take break! Just kidding....
Divide into (2) 9 X 13 inch pans. Bake 8 minutes at 300 degrees, stir; bake another 8 min. Spread n wax paper to cool.
You don't have to use above nuts as your favorites will be fine. I always use more cashews and leave out pretzels completely
I do hope someone tries this recipe. Your friends will love it and you will have to commit to make it for a lifetime.

Have to commit for a lifetime? Smiley_emoticons_shocked
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-18-2014, 06:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Have to commit for a lifetime? Smiley_emoticons_shocked

Yes, sadly this is the truth as all of your friends will bug you to death to make it even when you are on your death bed with pneumonia, a cold, the flu, etc.
I told everyone I was too busy, but I gave in to their dang begging.
I like to cook, but I don't bake. It's such a pain in the ass. Usually I cook the dinner and someone else makes the pies and cookies and crap.