Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chili - beans or no beans?
(10-25-2011, 03:12 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Beans.

beenzzz
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(10-25-2011, 01:55 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I suggest you stay away from the southwest.

It's for your own good.

Ima, you missed the point of my post. You said real chili does not contain fruit. Technically peppers, like tomatoes are fruit. You can't make chili without peppers.

You can't make chilli without tomatoes and tomatoes are a fruit.

Looks like dick is talking fucking shit again, what a surprise.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(10-25-2011, 10:20 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: You can't make chilli without tomatoes and tomatoes are a fruit.

stick to what you know best, wait you don't know anything about anything.

Chili doesn't have tomatoes.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(10-23-2011, 05:36 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote: So now that I started this thread and rambled on for 10 minutes or so...do you and how do you make chili? Beans or no beans? Ground meat or not? Beef only or other kinds of proteins??

How did I miss the point, when you clearly asked beans or no beans.
Beans.
Ground meat.
Beef and other kinds of proteins.
Those are my answers.

Does anyone else put oregano and sweet anything in their chili?
Id get laughed out of my family for that.

AND...where I currently live, if you ask someone if they want chili...
they assume you mean chile and are expecting green chile salsa,
or some other salsa/sauce made with green chile in it.
usually hot (temperature as well as to taste).
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
(10-25-2011, 10:41 AM)IMaDick Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 10:20 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: You can't make chilli without tomatoes and tomatoes are a fruit.

stick to what you know best, wait you don't know anything about anything.

Apparently, chili is regional, just like BBQ.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
(10-25-2011, 10:41 AM)IMaDick Wrote: stick to what you know best, wait you don't know anything about anything.

Once again you have become confused about what you know and what you think you know.

Every single chilli recipe I have read (and I have read many) had tomatoes in it.

You are talking absolute drivel again.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(10-28-2011, 11:24 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 10:41 AM)IMaDick Wrote: stick to what you know best, wait you don't know anything about anything.

Once again you have become confused about what you know and what you think you know.

Every single chilli recipe I have read (and I have read many) had tomatoes in it.

You are talking absolute drivel again.

The world is bigger than your padded cell and the 2 index card recipes you have read in the last 20 years.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I'm hungry.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-28-2011, 12:01 PM)IMaDick Wrote: The world is bigger than your padded cell and the 2 index card recipes you have read in the last 20 years.

Thanks for confirming you are talking absolute drivel.

Chilli without tomato?!

What a maroon!

hah
(10-28-2011, 12:11 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(10-28-2011, 12:01 PM)IMaDick Wrote: The world is bigger than your padded cell and the 2 index card recipes you have read in the last 20 years.

Thanks for confirming you are talking absolute drivel.

Chilli without tomato?!

What a maroon!

hah

You're an ignorant little fucker.

"This chili contains no onions, beans or tomatoes. It is even better the next day. Season to your tastes as it may be too spicy for you. You can also add pinto beans, sour cream and lime juice, if desired."

Original Recipe Yield 8 servings
Ingredients
3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast - cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth, divided
1 teaspoon salt
14 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
1.Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the beef cubes in the oil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the garlic.
2.In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin and flour. Sprinkle over the meat and stir until evenly coated. Crumble the oregano over the meat and pour in 1 12 cans of the broth.
3.Add the salt and ground black pepper, stir together well, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer, partially covered for about 90 minutes. Pour in remaining broth and simmer 30 minutes more, until meat begins to fall apart. Cool, cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend.

Original link

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Real-Texas-...etail.aspx

John Adams

(10-28-2011, 12:53 PM)IMaDick Wrote: "This chili contains no onions, beans or tomatoes.

Otherwise known as NOT chilli.

What next?, curry without the spices?, mashed potatoes without the gravy?
(10-28-2011, 01:06 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(10-28-2011, 12:53 PM)IMaDick Wrote: "This chili contains no onions, beans or tomatoes.

Otherwise known as NOT chilli.

What next?, curry without the spices?, mashed potatoes without the gravy?

What's next is always the same, you show that you're ignorant and then continue with your screwed up life that is going nowhere.

while everyone else wonders how you can deny being a lunatic.

John Adams

I'm a lunatic sometimes.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-28-2011, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm a lunatic sometimes.

It's cool to have a choice.

John Adams

(10-28-2011, 01:10 PM)IMaDick Wrote: What's next is always the same, you show that you're ignorant and then continue with your screwed up life that is going nowhere.

while everyone else wonders how you can deny being a lunatic.

I'm still waiting for the post where I said I was working part time as a social worker.

Keep digging dickhead.

Have some tomatoless and beanless meat stew on me.
Ima, Nice to see that you are keeping this thread alive...
(10-28-2011, 01:26 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote: Ima, Nice to see that you are keeping this thread alive...

speaking of wackjobs.

John Adams

(10-28-2011, 12:53 PM)IMaDick Wrote: "This chili contains no onions, beans or tomatoes. It is even better the next day. Season to your tastes as it may be too spicy for you.
You can also add pinto beans, sour cream and lime juice, if desired."
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Real-Texas-...etail.aspx

cut out the bullshit "recipe"

Hey Dick, Is that really the best you could do in terms of a recipe? "allrecipes.com" Really??

Sounds pretty bland to me, but yet you add a caveat about season to your taste as it might be too spicy?? Seriously, have you ever made this recipe? There is no way this recipe has the complexity that "real chili" needs to have, whether you use beans and tomatoes or not.

And do you actually realize that chili powder is ground up peppers, so "your" recipe does in fact contain fruit.

Dick head is right. Real chili does not have tomatoes in it as I stated earlier in this thread. The color and texture is from combining the meat with chili powder, peppers and other seasonings with a liquid such as beer or broth and allowing it to reduce slowly and develop flavor. It's the same technique as a traditional Hungarian paprikash. Didn't you fuckers ever watch the great chili cook off on food network?

The peppers are technically a fruit though, so he was wrong about that. Now if you morons have any other questions about basic cooking, feel free to ask me.