Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chili - beans or no beans?
(10-28-2011, 10:37 PM)sally Wrote: Dick head is right. Real chili does not have tomatoes in it as I stated earlier in this thread. The color and texture is from combining the meat with chili powder, peppers and other seasonings with a liquid such as beer or broth and allowing it to reduce slowly and develop flavor. It's the same technique as a traditional Hungarian paprikash. Didn't you fuckers ever watch the great chili cook off on food network?

The peppers are technically a fruit though, so he was wrong about that. Now if you morons have any other questions about basic cooking, feel free to ask me.

You're right about everything but the peppers, while they may classify as a fruit culturally they are used as a vegetable in real chili.

real chili has no fruit in it.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Some of you would bicker about turning the goddamn lights on.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-29-2011, 01:38 AM)IMaDick Wrote: You're right about everything but the peppers, while they may classify as a fruit culturally they are used as a vegetable in real chili.

real chili has no fruit in it.

"Culturally" they are used as a vegetable?!

hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah

"Culturally" I think you are a fucking vegetable for talking such shit ziphead.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(10-29-2011, 05:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Some of you would bicker about turning the goddamn lights on.

Don't you just love it though?

hahBlowing-kisses

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I wouldn't want it any other way. Discord is hugely entertaining. hah
(10-29-2011, 07:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Did you know chillis are "culturally" a vegetable?

hah

The same as my belly is "culturally" my ass.

(10-29-2011, 07:36 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 07:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Did you know chillis are "culturally" a vegetable?

hah

The same as my belly is "culturally" my ass.

Why do you insist on being an idiot?

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/mo...ppers.html

and by the way, it's your lips that are culturally a pussy.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(10-29-2011, 11:46 AM)IMaDick Wrote: and by the way, it's your lips that are culturally a pussy.

hah

"It is legally a vegetable in the US, but botanically, it is a fruit." (I meant chilis, but I guess you could have thought I meant OP.)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Legally a vegetable but botanically a fruit?

Time for the FDA to go.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-29-2011, 03:04 PM)username Wrote: Legally a vegetable but botanically a fruit?

Time for the FDA to go.

Time for you to get an education, obama can't help you with this one.

For tax purposes chillis are classified as a vegetable, and for reasons that go beyond your and OP's understanding in the southwest chilis are considered a vegetable when served with a meal or as a meal.

John Adams

(10-28-2011, 10:37 PM)sally Wrote: Real chili does not have tomatoes in it as I stated earlier in this thread. The color and texture is from combining the meat with chili powder, peppers and other seasonings with a liquid such as beer or broth and allowing it to reduce slowly and develop flavor. It's the same technique as a traditional Hungarian paprikash. Didn't you fuckers ever watch the great chili cook off on food network?

The peppers are technically a fruit though, so he was wrong about that. Now if you morons have any other questions about basic cooking, feel free to ask me.

I do know making chili is regional and people have strong opinions about it, that is why I started the thread. Sometimes I make "traditional" chili, without the tomatoes or beans and other times I make the more East Coast version that I posted above. Hell, sometimes I make green "chili", with chicken and green chili peppers or even "meatless" chili. To classify them all as "traditional chili" is about the same thing as comparing "frozen pizza" with freshly made pizza from either New York or Chicago.

I am very much into cooking and I'm pretty damn good at traditional US cooking, many US regional variations, and many international cuisines. I have also studied food history. So feel free to ask away if you have any questions about basic cooking or the history behind the food we eat.

So, with that said, what exactly is traditional Hungarian paprikash?
Do you mean Goulash made with beef (Bogracs Gulyas)? Or, Chicken Paprikach (Csirke Paprikas)? My grandparents were from Hungary. Goulash, which can also be made with pork, lamb or some other red meat, is similar in technique to traditional "chili".

A traditional Paprikash sauce is more delicately spiced and is usually made with chicken (and sometimes pork). Some modern renditions have appeared in recent years called Paprikash, but use other types of meat, these are typically the result of chefs taking a traditional concept into new territories. Either way it is not a true paprikash unless it is served with galuska as a side dish.

I hope at least one person here gets the sense that I take cooking seriously. The rest of you can just continue to eat shit...

I'm certain Sally is very familiar with Hungarian recipes given she's married to a native & is even building a home there. Sally is a great cook, I know LC, Cracker & Tiki are too as well as a couple of the guys. I might be the only one who isn't into it. It takes too much time & you have to stay right there so nothing gets out of control, it bores me silly & then I'm easily distracted.
(10-29-2011, 03:49 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sally is a great cook, I know LC, Cracker & Tiki are too as well as a couple of the guys. I might be the only one who isn't into it.

Good to know, but also know Mock isn't serious about much of anything, including starting a cooking section of the forum. Wasn't that just a way to make the Ghost of EH happy, and now he is gone?
(10-29-2011, 04:01 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote: Good to know, but also know Mock isn't serious about much of anything, including starting a cooking section of the forum. Wasn't that just a way to make the Ghost of EH happy, and now he is gone?

Mock ISN'T serious about much of anything & don't you forget it.

No, it wasn't a way to keep anyone happy, there was already a cooking thread but it had a little bit of everything in it. Having a forum simply enables things to be indexed , so to speak.

Would you like me to tell you where you might be able to find EH? I'm sure he'd be delighted to meet a fellow cook. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(10-29-2011, 04:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: Would you like me to tell you where you might be able to find EH? I'm sure he'd be delighted to meet a fellow cook. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin[/i][/size]

www.rejecthaven.net
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(10-29-2011, 03:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote: For tax purposes chillis are classified as a vegetable, and for reasons that go beyond your and OP's understanding in the southwest chilis are considered a vegetable when served with a meal or as a meal.

I don't give a shit how they're classified for tax purposes you bed-wetting, ignoramus. If botanically they're a fruit, they're a fruit.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-29-2011, 04:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: Would you like me to tell you where you might be able to find EH? I'm sure he'd be delighted to meet a fellow cook. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin[/i][/size]

I have no desire to find EH...I agree with your decision to ban him/her/it. I am just mentioning, that is was kind of strange that (the G of) EH was very into cooking and was here for a only brief time. The time he was here happened to correspond with the same time Mock TM decided to open a cooking forum.

But of course the cooking forum is not serious because this is Mock. (circular reasoning?) The "wheels on the bus, go 'round and 'round..."

OT:Can we get a "tm" symbol/smilie to add after every time we say Mock tm?

On the other hand..I love this new smilie:
Bullshit
i was thinking of a cooking forum anyway with the holidays coming up, i certainly wouldn't have been catering to one person. you'll notice i started the original cooking thread in Mock a year ago, despite it being so out of character for Mock at the time. i have always been a serious cook as well, as you can see by reviewing that thread in its entirety.

i've also been flogging Williams-Sonoma for years and think they should be paying me. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(10-29-2011, 04:41 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote: Can we get a "tm" symbol/smilie to add after every time we say Mock tm?

You noticed, huh? heh heh.

We won't need to ™ anything, it's covered simply by virtue of posting.