1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
rotisserie chicken shredded or 1 lb browned ground beef or sausage
1 can diced tomato
1 can original Rotel
1 can chicken broth
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 package taco seasoning

Rinse beans, dump everything else undrained into the pot, cook until hot. Serve with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips.

I don't feel like cooking so we are having BLTs tonight.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

This thread has my name written all over it. Thanks!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Here's the loaded potato soup recipe, then, too. Same source:

Real Bacon Bits (they sell it by the croutons)

3 chopped green onions

2 cans chicken broth

1 jar Queso dip (any brand, by the chips/dips

5 red potatoes diced (new potatoes, medium)

1 cup milk

1 small block Velveeta (not the big one, the tiny one)

Saute bacon and onions in butter or oil. Add broth and diced potatoes. When potatoes are tender, add the final 3 ingredients. Cook until heated through. Serve with dinner rolls or salad.

[Image: 514X8uH4spL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,Top..._SH20_.jpg]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Have some extra sodium with your salt... It amazes me that people actually eat that way on a regular basis.

Now BLT's are a better choice. At least they have some fresh veggies on them. Serve them on whole grain bread and they are almost healthy. (I am not being bitchy...I love BLT's).
Next time I will ask the lady for geriatric recipes...
This has to be the easiest recipe ever:

Stracciatella: Beat 2 eggs with 13 cup grated parmesan. Drizzle into 6 cups simmering chicken broth; cook 2 minutes
(10-25-2011, 05:18 PM)Cracker Wrote: Next time I will ask the lady for geriatric recipes...

It's about taste...not age.
(10-25-2011, 06:00 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 05:18 PM)Cracker Wrote: Next time I will ask the lady for geriatric recipes...

It's about taste...not age.

Umm, don't eat it?
I had to leave earlier without finishing my post..

I like to cook from scratch most of the time. I do keep a few cans of Ro-Tel on hand for quick meals. And I am not afraid to admit that I love "nacho dip" made with Velveeta.

I just see so many quick recipes that rely on seasoning packaged mixes that have so much salt. Once you get in the habit of eating non-processed foods, you notice how much salt they contain.
I don't feel like cooking either. I'm thinking turkey burgers and sweet potato fries tonight.

I have a very similar recipe for that potato soup but it calls for a grated carrot or two. Just add that and VOILA'! Instant healthy! Smiley_emoticons_smile
Commando Cunt Queen
We're having shrimp Po'boys and potato wedges. Which are both unhealthy and more cooking than I'd like to do. I don't know why I even listen to my husband's stupid suggestions for dinner.
gawd that sounds good! mmmmmmmmmm

Lazy Day Steak

Mix:
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 pkg brown gravy mix
garlic powder, onion powder, pepper to taste
1 can of water
...in a regular sized crock pot.
Layer in cheap cut steaks, trim the fat.
Cook on low/med heat all day. (before you leave for work,
and will be done by the time you get home)
Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, toast or eat it by itself.
Sometimes Ill throw potatoes in with the meat if Im
feeling lazier than lazy.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
(10-25-2011, 05:05 PM)Cracker Wrote: Here's the loaded potato soup recipe, then, too. Same source:

Real Bacon Bits (they sell it by the croutons)

3 chopped green onions

2 cans chicken broth

1 jar Queso dip (any brand, by the chips/dips

5 red potatoes diced (new potatoes, medium)

1 cup milk

1 small block Velveeta (not the big one, the tiny one)

Saute bacon and onions in butter or oil. Add broth and diced potatoes. When potatoes are tender, add the final 3 ingredients. Cook until heated through. Serve with dinner rolls or salad.

[Image: 514X8uH4spL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,Top..._SH20_.jpg]

Thanks for this recipe Cracker! I made this last night and it was delicious! Even my picky husband said it was awesome!! Keeping that one in my recipe box!Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Bacon bits are great in soup. fact.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

I had an episode of total food envy today. I will never make this, but it looked so effen good.

A lady at work had "Easy Shepherd's Pie" today for lunch. Even though it was a mess dumped in a container, I so wanted some.

Dump one and a half cans of Sirloin Burger soup into a deep dish pie shell. Mix in a little cornstarch to thicken. Top with leftover mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for about 30 mins over a cookie sheet so it doesn't get all over the damn oven.

I swear it smelled heavenly. I had a bacon and cheese sandwich for dinner. Not the same.

Here is a similar recipe, but she didn't have top crust, just the potatoes: http://dirrrtyicecream.wordpress.com/tag...loin-soup/
steak....salt pepper....3 min each side.......oops...........give to the dog
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Chicken Alfredo from CostCo.'s deli section, garlic bread and salad.

Commando Cunt Queen
(01-19-2012, 07:30 PM)Cracker Wrote: I had an episode of total food envy today. I will never make this, but it looked so effen good.

A lady at work had "Easy Shepherd's Pie" today for lunch. Even though it was a mess dumped in a container, I so wanted some.

Dump one and a half cans of Sirloin Burger soup into a deep dish pie shell. Mix in a little cornstarch to thicken. Top with leftover mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for about 30 mins over a cookie sheet so it doesn't get all over the damn oven.

I swear it smelled heavenly. I had a bacon and cheese sandwich for dinner. Not the same.

Here is a similar recipe, but she didn't have top crust, just the potatoes: http://dirrrtyicecream.wordpress.com/tag...loin-soup/

I am conflicted. I'm equal parts repelled and salivating for this.

What kills me (excuse the pun) is the damn sodium content in prepared soups. Stroke in a can.

Commando Cunt Queen
(01-19-2012, 08:27 PM)username Wrote: I am conflicted. I'm equal parts repelled and salivating for this.

What kills me (excuse the pun) is the damn sodium content in prepared soups. Stroke in a can.

Yeah. I usually don't eat canned soup besides clam chowder. But you should have smelled it, user. It looked like hell, but oh, the smell of it!