Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Crockpot and Slow cooking recipes
Tried out this crockpot pizza recipe. Very easy to make, and the kids went crazy over it.

Recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-pizza-186811

[Image: picJxrxEU.jpg]

Ingredients:

Servings: 8

* 12 ounces egg noodles
* 14 cup chopped onion
* 1 12 teaspoons italian seasoning
* 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
* 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
* 1 12 lbs lean ground beef
* 28 ounces Prego spaghetti sauce, any flavor
* 3 13 ounces slicedpepperoni or 3 13 ounces Canadian bacon
* 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1. Cook noodles as directed on package.
2. Brown ground beef with onion until the meat is no longer pink.
3. Add spaghetti sauce & mushrooms to meat.
4. Spray large crock pot with cooking spray.
5. Place layers in crock pots as follows:.
6. 13 meat-sauce mixture.
7. 13 of the egg noodles.
8. 13 of the pepperoni/canadian bacon slices.
9. 1 cup cheddar cheese.
10. 1 cup mozerella cheese.
11. Repeat these layers 2 more times.
12. Cook on low until heated through. Approximately 3 - 4 hours.

i haven't had/used a crockpot for YEARS, but i bought a BIG one yesterday, 7 12 quarts.

i thought i'd start using it for wintertime one-pot meals, mainly for the ease of throwing the ingredients in and walking away for the day. i like to do stews, soups and pot roasts. but i am sure there are more creative ways to use it.

Good stuff there. The entire house smells like home.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Have you seen this site? The ladies at work are always raving about it: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Lurve crockpots when it's cold outside. I like eating early in the winter, so it is nice to have something ready to eat when I get home.

I have seen people at work eat this at lunch, but I am afraid to try it:

Russian Chicken
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours
Ingredients:
•1 bottle Russian dressing (16 oz.)
•1 envelope onion soup mix
•1 jar apricot preserves (10 oz.)
•4 pieces chicken -- (4 to 6)
•Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:
Combine Russian dressing, apricot preserves and onion soup mix in bowl and pour into the crockpot. Sprinkle the chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side down, in slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (HIGH 3 to 4 hours)

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
This is one that I stole from another forum, but I make it often. I double everything except the meat because I like the extra sauce and vegetables, and I serve it with sour cream and egg noodles.

Boogie Woogie Beef

1 (10 34 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
12 cup red wine
1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
12 teaspoon dried thyme
2 pounds stew beef
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
8 ounces baby carrots

Mix cream of mushroom soup, wine, beefy onion soup mix and dried thyme in crockpot. Add meat, carrots, and mushrooms; and stir.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, then on LOW for 4 hours, or just cook on LOW for about 8 to 10 hours.

Serves 4.
I really like this cookbook, it has some great Crockpot recipes that are simple, but a bit different.

In addition to the expected dinner recipes, it has some nice surprises for other times of the day, like the Oatmeal with apples recipe. It is so nice to wake up to a pot of perfectly cooked oatmeal on a cold day. I'll post some recipes from it over the next few days.

Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger & Julie Kaufmann
[Image: books?id=cDNRHs_f5P8C&printsec=frontcove...oom=1&l=90]
mmmmm oatmeal~ that reminded me of something i used to make years ago, now i'll make it again. it certainly would work well in a crock pot.

Durgin Park in Boston circa 1742...famous for surly waitresses, HUGE slabs of prime rib, waiting in line for homestyle great food, and DURGIN PARK INDIAN PUDDING! yummy! this stuff is great on a cold winter day before heading out to ice skate on a pond or ski down a hill. some eat it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, i like it plain. this is true Yankee/New England fare. i think the Pilgrims learned it from the locals when they came here. 43Indian

[Image: indian-pudding-a.jpg]

Durgin-Park Indian Pudding

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 420 minutes
Servings: 6

Ingredients:
3 cups milk
14 cup black molasses
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
14 teaspoon salt
18 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg, beaten
12 cup yellow corn meal
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Mix together 1-1/2 cups of the milk with the molasses, sugar, butter, salt, baking powder, egg, and cornmeal. Pour the mixture into a stone crock that has been well greased and bake until it boils.
Heat the remaining 1-1/2 cups of milk and stir it in.
Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake 5-7 hours.

http://www.arkrestaurants.com/durgin_park.html

This recipe is for a small/medium round slow cooker. It makes just 2-3 servings, but the recipe can easily be doubled to feed more.

Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal

1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 TBS brown sugar
12 to 34 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 12 cups water, or combine water and apple juice
1 12 TBS unsalted butter
1 medium apple or pear, peeled, cored and chopped.

Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours (overnight), or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
Stir the oatmeal to combine (it separates a bit while cooking), scoop into bowls and serve with milk or cream.

(Source: Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger & Julie Kaufmann)

Notes: The apple does turn brown and basically "melts" into the oatmeal when cooked overnight. If you want chunks of fruit, don't add up front but wait and stir in at the last 12 hour of cooking. (or add some in the beginning and more at the end.)

The recipe says 7 to 9 hours at LOW, but I have left the slow cooker on "warm" for several more hours and it is still really good.

Mmmmm
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess, it is really easy!!

It's cold and rainy here tonight, I am going to make some for the morning.
Easy Mushroom Steak!

This is for approx 3-4 servings

1lb of Round Steak or any lean sirlion
2 10oz cans of cream of mushroom
1 can of mushroom stems and pieces or 4-6oz of fresh (optional)
1 cup of milk
14 fresh onion or minced (optional)

Lightly flour the steak, and brown in skillet. Once browned add to crock pot. While skillet is hot take about a tablespoon of water and add to skillet. Scrape all the browning off the skillet and add to the crock pot. (you want that brown stuff TRUST ME)
Add the mushroom soup, mushrooms, onions, and milk. Stir slightly just to blend.
Cook for 4-6 hrs. on high. Salt and pepper to taste.

The sauce makes awsome gravy, so prepare mashed potatoes with this meal. Very easy and very cheap. This is a meal that if is goes over the 4-6 hours don't worry, it just makes the meat fall apart more. Which just makes it better!
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!Thumb_smiley-vault-signs-060
Here's a fast football crockpot cooking!

LIL' Smokies and your favorite BBQ sauce

The best for Football! I buy both the cheddar smokies and the beef smokies.
About a half a bottle of BBQ sauce per package. Just put them on high about 20-30 min. before the game and then turn them on low or warm. The are a really quick way to please anyone.
Serve with toothpicks and small disposable bowls, that way when your are to drunk to clean up, there is nothing to clean but the crockpot!

ADD IN: add a can of pineapple and the juice! It makes more people happy! (my husband)
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!Thumb_smiley-vault-signs-060

Keep these crock pot recipes coming! This is the kind of thing that really works for me. The biggest mistake I make in cooking is becoming distracted, I don't have to worry about that with the crock pot. heh heh
(11-17-2011, 11:54 PM)chinchillas2cool Wrote: Here's a fast football crockpot cooking!

Sweet-n-sour kielbasa is a favorite for our Superbowl Parties. Really easy, too.

1 to 3 pounds of Kielbasa, cut up into 1/2" to 3/4" pieces (the Kielbasa shrinks in the crock, so the bigger you cut the pieces the better)

12-14 ounce jar of apple sauce
12-16 ounce jar of grape jelly
8 ounce bottle yellow mustard.

Dump all ingredients in Crock-cook on low 8 to 10 hours, or high 4 to 6 hours.

Aww, c'mon Mockers, I need more recipes than this.
I'll take care of you later, Duch.

This is a good start: http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/

I have been meaning to try the French Onion Soup recipe.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(04-28-2012, 07:57 PM)Cracker Wrote: I'll take care of you later, Duch.

This is a good start: http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/

I have been meaning to try the French Onion Soup recipe.

Just what you need. Nasty onion breath to go with your nasty face.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I don't even have to see ramsey's post to know it is some stupid jealous rant. Am I right?

[Image: Bear%20Face%202003.jpg]

You look like a chicken. You have that fucked up coarse red hair and beak of a nose. And you look old. Even in the old picture you posted you look too old for your age. You may want to let go of some of your hate before the rest of your life passes you by. You are 50, time to get a clue about the beauty that is in some people. (Not you, don't be confused when you can't find it.)

I have nice tits. And an ass that protrudes enough to hold (I'm not sure what to put here, I really don't hold stuff with my ass cheeks. But I could...). Which isn't the same as your saggy tits holding your wallet underneath while you try on mom jeans...
I think maybe I could hold a phone with my ass cheeks but I don't want to check with my own. Anybody want to play Draw Something while I hold your phone?
(04-28-2012, 10:27 PM)Cracker Wrote: I don't even have to see ramsey's post to know it is some stupid jealous rant. Am I right?

[Image: Bear%20Face%202003.jpg]

You look like a chicken. You have that fucked up coarse red hair and beak of a nose. And you look old. Even in the old picture you posted you look too old for your age. You may want to let go of some of your hate before the rest of your life passes you by. You are 50, time to get a clue about the beauty that is in some people. (Not you, don't be confused when you can't find it.)

I have nice tits. And an ass that protrudes enough to hold (I'm not sure what to put here, I really don't hold stuff with my ass cheeks. But I could...). Which isn't the same as your saggy tits holding your wallet underneath while you try on mom jeans...

Jealous? Of you? That's rich. Let's see....I do not have red hair. I have brown hair. I am notg 50 but 47. Close I guess. As you posted in another thread, my ex is not 40 either. He is 44. I don't wear mom jeans. I don't drive a mini-van either. I drive a nice sporty Accord. About to get a new one actually. I don't hate anyone. Not even you Cracker. I feel sorry for you. You are a coward and you hide behind viscious words and lies to make yourself sound better. You put me on ignore? Again, you are a coward. Post a pic of yourself girl. Prove you are all that. The truth is you are nothing. The only place you can feel powerful is in a Mock forum where you can insult other women. You can insult me all you want. Call me ugly. Call me stupid. It doesn't make it true. Come on out an play Cracer. Don't be a pussy and hide behind ignore. Come on out and admit you looked people up here. We all know you did. Ya know, it wouldn't surprise me if you were Moose's wife. You do sound a lot like him and from what he said she was educated but she got fat and depressed and wouldn't leave the house. Hmmm makes one think.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies