Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bianca Jones, 2 - Detroit. father charged with murder
This seems a bit odd to me, unless I am just a cynic who doesn't believe people....

Amber Alert: Police search for Detroit toddler; man says daughter was kidnapped during carjacking

Detroit Police and family friends are continuing their aggressive search for a 2-year old girl, Bianca Jones, who was reportedly kidnapped during a carjacking this morning near the city’s North End.

According to police, Deandre Lane, 32, said he was in his silver Mercury Marquis with his daughter in the back when he was carjacked at Brush and Custer at 10:10 a.m. Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said Lane was leaving his home on Custer when the incident occurred.

Within 10 minutes, the car was found at Beaubien and Philadelphia, less than a mile away from where the car was stolen -- but the child was gone, police said.

Bianca Jones is black, about 25 pounds, with braids in her hair and was wearing either a pink or purple coat with rhinestones or beads on it, pink shoes and pink tights. The girl’s uncle, Olando Jones, said Lane was on his way to the girl’s mother’s house to pick up clothing for the girl who was to stay with Lane for a week.

An Amber Alert has been issued for Bianca.

“She is very intelligent,” said Olando Jones, 20. “She’s so smart and can speak and she’s really good and loves to read.”

Jones, said his sister Banika Jones, 32, and the girl’s father have a good relationship and that Lane is like a family member

Meanwhile, friends of the family are passing out flyers of the missing girl at businesses Woodward, including the Burger King near the Central District police station.

Officers are mobilized in an alley west of Beaubien at Philadelphia, where the vehicle was found. Lane’s Mercury Marquis was towed from the scene just after 2 p.m.

About 75 officers -- including Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. — are searching in vacant homes in the area. A police tracking dog was used, but was unable to find the carjackers. Godbee is expected to address hold a news conference later this afternoon.

“We’re asking the public or anyone who may know anything or be privy to any information on Bianca’s whereabouts, we really need someone to give the Detroit Police Department a call at 313-596-2555,” Godbee said.

Police said the search area is from Woodward to the west to I-75 to the east and from to Grand Boulevard to the south to Pingree to the north.

Mounted police officers also have joined the effort. There are currently two officers on horseback, with two more on the way. Sitting on his horse at the intersection of Beaubian and East Philadelphia, Sgt. Erik Eide says they have been patrolling the alleys in the area, something that is their specialty. They can get into the alleys easier than officers in squad cars.

Stephens said the carjackers told the father there was a problem with his taillight, and when he got out to look, they stole his vehicle.

According to police, two people were involved in the carjacking. One is described as a black man, 6-foot-tall, 185 pounds, wearing a black top and black pants, with a mustache and beard that resembled a 5 o’clock shadow, police said.

The man was last seen traveling northbound on John R near East Grand Boulevard in a small red car, possibly with front-end damage, according to the Amber Alert.

The other suspect was driving another vehicle, police said.

The girl’s mother was not in the vehicle.

Both parents are being questioned by police at the family’s home on Custer.

“Time is of the essence. Every minute that ticks without us knowing where with Bianca is, it just gives me greater concern,” Godbee said.

Coming out of the home on Custer between Brush and John R, Olando Jones, pleaded through tears for whomever took his niece to please return her or drop her off safely at an area hospital or church.

“I want to help but I literally feel helpless, like there’s nothing I can do,” Olando Jones said. “And I hate this feeling because I’m very upset and never experienced this before.”

Jones said Bianca celebrated her 2nd birthday last week adding that shares her birth month with her mother and grandmother.

“I love you and I’m sorry this happened to you,” Jones tearfully said about Bianca. “I wish I could have been there and I pray to see you again.”
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

[Image: bianca-jones.jpg]

[Image: 35547428001_1306931021001_ari-origin07-a...5547428001]

mother

[Image: bianca-jones-mom.jpg?w=420&h=316&crop=1]

good video report at link.

dad is lying.

carjackers do NOT want to be charged with kidnapping. they'd dump the car and the kid with it.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Detro...index.html

[Image: bilde?Site=C4&Date=20111202&Category=NEW...0&Border=0]

Isn't she precious :(
Can't watch the video as am on my phone, but doesn't surprise me you would say he is lying.

If a car jacker took the car without realizing there was a child in there they would leave the child not the car.

All these parents doing things to their kids is really getting to me, I just don't understand. I hope she is found and ok.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

NOT. BUYING. IT.

babydaddy Lane is known to police. He is a felon convicted of possession of cocaine, possession stolen property and a felon in possession of a firearm.
FBI is in.

Godbee said Bianca's father is being questioned, but would not comment on if he was being considered a person of interest in her disappearance.

"Well, right now Bianca's dad is the link to everything we do. He's the last one that had seen Bianca. So, we really need to go over his story and talk to him, make sure we corroborate information," Godbee said.

The Detroit News

Detroit— Banika Jones sat hunched over on her couch, wrapped in a blanket late Friday, watching the news with a dazed look on her face as the story of her 2-year-old daughter's disappearance played out before her.

"I still can't believe this is happening. I just want my little girl back. Can somebody tell me who has Bacon?" she asked, using Bianca's nickname.

Police want to know the same thing. More than 75 officers are searching for Bianca Jones after the car her father was driving early Friday morning was allegedly carjacked at gunpoint.

Police Chief Ralph Godbee released a composite sketch of the man authorities believe held up Deandre Lane, 32, at gunpoint at Brush and Custer streets, north of East Grand Boulevard.

Police believe two people may have been involved in the carjacking.

"We're probably in this for the long haul," said Police Chief Ralph Godbee, who said police are using every investigative tool they have to locate the little girl.

Lane was still being questioned by police late Friday and was being cooperative, Godbee said.

When asked if Lane is a possible suspect, Godbee said, "Everybody is a person of interest."

Bianca Jones' great-aunt, Sally Dillahunt, 48, can't fight the nagging feeling that there's more to the story surrounding the little girl's disappearance.

"I'm thinking and I'm hoping and I'm wishing that there's no foul play but something doesn't sound right," Dillahunt said.

Bianca Jones, who turned 2 on Nov. 26, was last seen in a silver 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis that was reported stolen at Brush and Custer streets, north of East Grand Boulevard, at 9:45 a.m. Friday, police said.

As many as 75 officers were involved in the search that extended into the night.

The 250 block of Custer Street near Banika Jones' home was congested late Friday with squad cars and news vans.

Police discovered Lane's Grand Marquis shortly after the reported carjacking in an alley west of Beaubien, between Euclid and Philadelphia, Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said.

Banika Jones said she hasn't been in contact with Lane. HUH??, who allegedly told police he was driving the car with the child in it when someone from another car told him the car's tail lights were broken, pulled out a gun and took the car with her in it, Stephens said.

Melissa Isaac, 30, was walking her children to the school bus stop on Glendale Street near 14th Street just before 8 a.m. when she saw Lane drive by, though she didn't pay attention as to whether any children were in the car. One of Lane's daughters is in her son's second-grade class at a school in Highland Park.

Erica Nevers, one of Jones' aunts, said several things are troubling to her about the story.

"It don't make no sense that he would stop the car a few blocks away from (Jones') house," Nevers said. "And nothing was taken from the car and the car was only a few blocks from where it was taken?"

Nevers said her family took Lane in when he was a teenager. Eventually he and Jones became a couple and she got pregnant. Though the two are not together now, he was very involved in Bianca's life, Nevers said.

The family celebrated Bianca's 2nd birthday with cake and ice cream, Nevers said.

Police said the suspect is a black male, 25-30 years old with a medium complexion, about 6 feet tall, and weighing about 190 pounds. He was wearing a black shirt, black pants and has a 5 o'clock shadow. He was wearing a brown and black baseball hat. NOW THERE ARE 2 SUSPECTS.

According to an Amber Alert that was issued, the suspect was last seen traveling northbound on John R near East Grand Boulevard in a small red car. The car may have front-end damage.

Lane declined comment to the media before leaving in an unmarked police vehicle.

suspect composite:

[Image: bilde?Site=C3&Date=20111203&Category=MET...353&Ref=V2]

[Image: missing1-JPG.jpg]

[Image: missing2-JPG.jpg]

[Image: missing3-JPG.jpg]

[Image: missinggirlsearch1-jpg.jpg]

[Image: missinggirlsearch3-jpg.jpg]

Nope I don't buy it either, seems even the family isn't either.
Why hasn't Mom spoken to baby daddy? Does she suspect something too?
Also I know its Detroit but car jackings don't usually happen at that time of the morning. If someone told me something was wrong with my taillight I would wait until I got home to check whether I was close to it or not especially if my daughter was in my car.

My daughter is almost 19months old, I don't even want to think of what happened to this little girl.
I'm worried, really worried.
I can see Detroit. From my window right now and I keep looking and wondering where she is.....

I'm not buying his story either. In the video it says that he left the house where he is staying with Bianca at 7:30 am and the carjacking took place around 10:00 am.

I think something happened to that poor girl doing those 2 12 hours and the carjacking is a lie.

According to this article his story about the carjacking keeps changing. It also mentions the father's criminal record:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/loc...t-20111202
Facebook page for her:

http://www.facebook.com/help.find.bianca?sk=wall

[Image: 385048_315521641792668_315438741800958_1...8561_n.jpg]

[Image: 388450_315521538459345_315438741800958_1...4632_n.jpg]

[Image: 387883_315620815116084_315438741800958_1...0568_n.jpg]

babydaddy was in jail when she was born, was just "getting to know her".

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Sources tell Action News the father who claims his toddler was taken during an armed carjacking has failed a polygraph test and remains in custody on unrelated warrants.

i haven't foind a photo of him yet, don't know who the male is in above post.

Detroit police said today that the reward has been increased to $17,500 for information leading to the return of 2-year-old Bianca Jones.

The Detroit News
Detroit— Bella Jones, 7, burst into tears and begged for the return of her little sister Saturday when she stood before reporters, microphones and cameras at a police department press conference.

"I just want you to bring my sister back home," the girl said before turning to be embraced by her mother and other family members who appeared with Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr., to plead for the safe return of 2-year-old Bianca Jones.

The girl has been missing since shortly before 10 a.m. Friday, when carjackers allegedly forced her father, Deandre Lane, out of the vehicle at gunpoint at Brush and Carter streets, just north of East Grand Boulevard. The 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis was recovered a brief time and a short distance away — but without Bianca.

"If you've seen something, say something," Godbee said in a personal appeal to potential witnesses. "If someone has Bianca and you are afraid of what will happen, I suggest you drop her off at a police precinct or a church or call me. I'll come out and pick her up."

[Image: bilde?Site=C3&Date=20111203&Category=MET...367&Ref=AR]

Oh how heartbreaking seeing the big sister :'(

Not surprising he failed the poly, so they are holding him on unrelated warrants hoping he will spill the truth soon?

babydaddy who was "jacked"

DANDRE LANE

[Image: ProfileImage.aspx?mdocNumber=435673]

Weapons - Firearms - Possession by Felon Minimum Sentence: 2 years 0 months 0 days
MCL#: 750.224F / 769.10 Maximum Sentence: 7 years 0 months
Court File#: 03009510 Date of Offense: 06/28/2003
County: Wayne Date of Sentence: 04/30/2007
Conviction Type: Jury Discharge Date: 07/31/2009
Discharge Reason: Offender Discharge
Sentence 2
Offense: Controlled Substance-Possess Narcotic/Cocaine < 25 Grams Minimum Sentence: 1 year 0 months 0 days
MCL#: 333.74032A5 / 769.10 Maximum Sentence: 6 years 0 months
Sentence 3
Offense: Controlled Substance-Possess Narcotic/Cocaine < 25 Grams Minimum Sentence: 1 year 0 months 0 days
MCL#: 333.74032A5 / 769.10 Maximum Sentence: 6 years 0 months
Sentence 4
Offense: Weapons - Felony Firearms Minimum Sentence: 2 years 0 months 0 days
MCL#: 750.227BA Maximum Sentence: 2 years 0 months
PROBATION SENTENCES
ACTIVE
None
INACTIVE
Sentence 1
Offense: Stolen Property - R/C $1000 or More But Less Than $20,000 Minimum Sentence:
MCL#: 750.5353A Maximum Sentence: 2 years 0 months
Court File#: 02011499 Date of Offense: 09/08/2002
County: Wayne Date of Sentence: 11/20/2002
Conviction Type: Plea Discharge Date: 09/03/2004
Discharge Reason: Discharged Without Improvement

Te father looks eerily similar to the sketch of the suspect

Exactly what I was thinking when I seen his funky ass.
Wonder if the fuckwit realized he gave sketch artists a description of himself

Probably not! Fuckin' stupid ass. Nothing like describing yourself to police, as a carjacker, and possible murderer. hah
Typical nigger.
hahaha what an idiot. He's obviously not that smart, I hope that means he will break soon.

Sonny I agree, I never use that word but he most definitely is.

I try not to use that word myself but in cases like this that word rolls out without thought. Any race can be a nigger in my eyes. Not just the black sob's that hurt or kill these precious babies! Just disgusting, gut wrenching, and horrible heartache. I can't find a word evil enough to describe any of these sadistic motherfuckers.