Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bak, bak, bak, BAK!!! Kitchen Aid Mixers...
Alright bakers, I need some help. My mom had surgery recently for a torn rotator cuff. The surgery was only partially succesful.

She likes to bake--homemade bread, doughnuts, cookies etc. I don't see how she's going to be able to stir and work with dough with her injured shoulder for quite some time.

Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas? Any suggestions for which one? They seem to have around a dozen models (tilt stand, lift) etc.

I don't bake and I don't know jack about mixers.

It just occurred to me that that bitch Tiki probably knows all about mixers. Smiley_emoticons_fies

Commando Cunt Queen
If I was you I would go for the one that does bread and pastry dow.

Just a thought you understand.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

they are essential!

of course get heavy-duty one with dough hook. and they are $$$ but will last forever.
in fact i am pissed off my old one won't die because i wanted the new candy-apple red one with a glass bowl. hahaha it's gorgeous.

but for your Mom, get a color she likes, steel bowl, heavy-duty for bread.

i like your Christmas kitty. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(12-07-2011, 03:51 PM)IMaDick Wrote: If I was you I would go for the one that does bread and pastry dow.

Is there only one that does bread and pastry dough? I thought you might have to get some attachment thingamajig for dough...?

I could probably research this a little more but I'm lazy. I'd rather someone just hand me the answer, please. Smiley_emoticons_razz
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-07-2011, 03:54 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: they are essential!

of course get heavy-duty one with dough hook. and they are $$$ but will last forever.
in fact i am pissed off my old one won't die because i wanted the new candy-apple red one with a glass bowl. hahaha it's gorgeous.

but for your Mom, get a color she likes, steel bowl, heavy-duty for bread.

i like your Christmas kitty. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Awesome! What about the tilt vs. non...?

Commando Cunt Queen
Try the artisan series, no smaller than the 500.

It works for me.

299 at amazon.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

whatever you think would be less stressful for her. can you go to a store like williams-sonoma and check them out? mine is a tilt. but i can't be sure for your mom.

(12-07-2011, 03:51 PM)IMaDick Wrote: pastry dow.

I've already had an eleven hour day & I'm just too tired to go for it. *sigh*

...but I had to acknowledge it.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Thanks Dick! I'll check out that series.

LC, I was at Macy's yesterday and looked at a few but I didn't notice that some tilted etc. I'll go back and take another look before I order. I plan on getting it online so I can have it shipped directly to her. I hope she'll use it--she's sort of a baking purist (no interest in bread machines or anything like that).

I'm going to buy it from somewhere reputable (maybe Amazon) that has a fairly easy return policy just in case.
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-07-2011, 03:56 PM)username Wrote:
(12-07-2011, 03:51 PM)IMaDick Wrote: If I was you I would go for the one that does bread and pastry dow.

Is there only one that does bread and pastry dough? I thought you might have to get some attachment thingamajig for dough...?

I could probably research this a little more but I'm lazy. I'd rather someone just hand me the answer, please. Smiley_emoticons_razz

even basic ones will come with a dough hook and a few other doodads. like a whisk thingy. and a paddle-type attachment for cookie dough.

(12-07-2011, 04:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-07-2011, 03:51 PM)IMaDick Wrote: pastry dow.

I've already had an eleven hour day & I'm just too tired to go for it. *sigh*

...but I had to acknowledge it.

Fuck off bean brain, can't you ever just carry on a normal conversation?

John Adams

Stop stealing my material, Paco.

Illiterate Paco.
(12-07-2011, 04:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Illiterate Paco.

dough,now fuck off Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

By the way the worst speller I ever knew was an interior designer/architect she also had bad feminine odor.

John Adams

(12-07-2011, 04:29 PM)IMaDick Wrote: dough,now fuck off Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

There. That's much better...now go make me a sammich.

Can't one buy a mixer that comes with the option to tilt? I would think that the main requirements would be power & attachments.

I'll probably be incinerated for this but does bak, bak, bak mean something I'm not aware of?
she means soup chickens clucking. hahahaha [Image: ae8afbca126e12fd94ccd9eb177ec235.gif]

so User, if you're feeling really generous this season of giving Mini xmas tree Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
here is the mixer i've been lusting after while willing my old one to die. DIE

i am also posting the attachments that should come with any model...the whisk, paddle and dough hook. get the plastic splash/pouring spout thing too. and the steel bowl.

i'm surprised your mother didn't have one of these a lot sooner since she loves to bake. there are LOTS of new colors, i like the black one too.

[Image: cravers_WS3_V.jpg]

[Image: iTM5RQfU46_l.jpg]

No wonder I didn't know what it meant. 113

I thought it must be some kind of kitchen term. *face palm*
well if it had been bake bake bake...Smiley_emoticons_hurra3