What do young people say about you?
(01-29-2012, 08:25 PM)username Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 03:02 PM)krystalshores Wrote: I wear lipgloss instead of lipstick. I wouldn't consider it makeup.
Damn. I missed this post.Good hygiene and shaved armpits are essential. Lipgloss is not essential and it can fuck up a perfectly good kiss (not to mention the rim of a glass) if you ask me.
Makeup does NOT belong in a gym.
AGAIN, I don't consider lipgloss as MAKEUP.

Not trolling for dates at the GYM. I just like to look my best wherever I go. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(01-29-2012, 09:21 PM)krystalshores Wrote: I just like to look my best wherever I go.

If I could wiggle my nose like Samantha Stevens, I'd probably do the same but some days, I just don't care enough to put in the effort. I yam what I yam.

I think I clean up okay but there are many days that I'd probably be a good candidate for "What Not to Wear".
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-25-2012, 10:49 PM)Middle Finger Wrote: Aussie doesn't really know what she is talking about and her comments mostly reflect the type of ignorance found from a lack of familiarity. She also has what I call "taboo residue" stuck to her fat ass.

Do you think this is a prank, MF, or would you be pissed?

An eighth-grader suspended after pranking a classmate with a bag of oregano following a lecture on the dangers of marijuana has a civil liberties group in his corner, but officials at his North Carolina school aren't backing down.

The boy was booted from his school for 55 days for the stunt at Cuthbertson Middle School in Waxhaw, N.C. School officials cite the district's policy manual, which says a student can get a 10-day suspension for "possessing illegal or counterfeit drugs and "misuse of chemical/material (organic or otherwise) that causes or is purported to cause a hallucinogenic/mind altering effect." A longer suspension can be imposed if officials determine a student's conduct "demonstrates a willful violation" of school policies.

"It was just a joke," the mother of the boy, who is not being identified because of his age. "He's embarrassed that it's turned into such a big issue. He's actually said he doesn't know why he did it. But he didn't have an illegal substance to begin with."

Luan Ingram, a spokeswoman for Union County Public Schools, confirmed that the matter was handled according to its student discipline policy, but declined additional comment.

In a letter to Union County Public Schools officials, the Virginia-based Rutherford Institute called the suspension a "gross overreaction" to a childish prank and said it may be a violation of the boy's constitutional rights.

"We want the record cleaned up so this doesn't track him for the rest of his life," John Whitehead, president of the Rutherford Institute.

Immediately after the incident last month, in which the boy passed the bag of seasoning to a pal a day after their health class discussed marijuana, the boy received a 10-day suspension. On Feb. 1, school officials notified the boy's family that he had been recommended for another 45 days of suspension. Their appeal of the additional term was denied this week, and the boy is attending a school for at-risk students until he is eligible to return to Cuthbertson on March 29.

While Ingram refused to discuss whether the boy has had prior disciplinary issues, his distraught mom said he's never been in serious trouble. He has been punished for minor infractions, she said, including chewing gum on the bus and roughhousing on school grounds.

"Nothing serious, all kid's stuff," she said, adding that this is the first time he's been suspended.

I think she's a dumb bitch. What part of bringing fake drugs to school is funny? Being an asshole isn't "kids' stuff" it is asshole stuff. This won't be that kid's last brush with trouble because his mom still thinks he is cute.

Kids who are sent to alternative school don't get in trouble once or twice. They are constant disruptions. Schools even send home "chronic" letters to the shits who get in trouble all the time so they document the need for an alternative learning environment. Just because a dumb bitch thinks her kid is funny doesn't mean the other parents/students are amused.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I have to agree with Cracker. It was a joke just doesn't cut it. They don't suspend a kid for 55 days if this was his first screw up. I would kick my kids ass from home to the school and back if he did that.

Last week all the parents got several emails from the district about a kid writing bomb threats on the bathroom wall at the middle school. In the first email, they stressed how serious this was and how serious the consequence would be since that is a felony. I knew my son wasn't involved but I asked him if he knew who it was and how serious it was. You would think that every parent would have that discussion with their child. Apparently not because I got at least 3 more emails about more bomb threats. The state troopers had to bring in dogs and school was on lockdown and the whole nine. On Friday we got an email that they caught the little fucker by comparing handwriting samples and it was a 7th grader. Didn't say if it was a boy or girl. What an asshole the kid is and the parents too. The kid was warned to stop and didn't and now I bet they are expelled.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I think 55 days is excessive--10 days for fake pot seems more reasonable to me.

The latest "thing" at our schools is the cinnamon challenge. Can you swallow a tablespoon full of cinnamon? My son was telling me some other boys were doing it and being the great mom that I am, I cautioned him to start out with a teaspoon...

A day or two later, we got a mass email from the school saying cinnamon can blister the throat and get in the lungs and any kids caught with it at school would get suspended.

Oops
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-21-2012, 05:49 PM)username Wrote: I think 55 days is excessive--10 days for fake pot seems more reasonable to me.

The latest "thing" at our schools is the cinnamon challenge. Can you swallow a tablespoon full of cinnamon? My son was telling me some other boys were doing it and being the great mom that I am, I cautioned him to start out with a teaspoon...

A day or two later, we got a mass email from the school saying cinnamon can blister the throat and get in the lungs and any kids caught with it at school would get suspended.

Oops

55 days is a lot. That is why I think this kid has been in trouble before.

You have to watch out for nutmeg too. My niece told me kids snort it to get high. Who the hell thought gee I wonder what will happen if I snort some nutmeg????
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(02-21-2012, 05:49 PM)username Wrote: I think 55 days is excessive--10 days for fake pot seems more reasonable to me.

Oops

Whatever happened to just sniffing glue?

Schools don't differentiate between real and fake drugs. Anything presented as a drug is treated as a drug. It is part of the Safe and Drug Free Schools thing.

And the parents KNOW that. It is in the school's handbook. Most schools make parents sign a page of the handbook to prove they were aware of all the policies.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(02-21-2012, 05:58 PM)Cracker Wrote:

Schools don't differentiate between real and fake drugs. Anything presented as a drug is treated as a drug. It is part of the Safe and Drug Free Schools thing.

I guess that makes sense. It would be equally unamusing for a kid to bring a fake handgun to school.
Commando Cunt Queen
If you knew how many kids brings guns and knives to school you would be shocked. Most of them don't make the news and most of the time they only get a few days OSS. You don't even want to know.
(02-21-2012, 05:49 PM)username Wrote: The latest "thing" at our schools is the cinnamon challenge. Can you swallow a tablespoon full of cinnamon? My son was telling me some other boys were doing it and being the great mom that I am, I cautioned him to start out with a teaspoon...

My son did the cinnamon challenge on me the other day. Being the great mom that I am, I ate the tablespoon of cinnamon and it was dry and not the most pleasant thing in the world, but I survived. I don't get it. They should change it to the cayenne pepper challenge.

(02-21-2012, 05:49 PM)username Wrote: A day or two later, we got a mass email from the school saying cinnamon can blister the throat and get in the lungs and any kids caught with it at school would get suspended.

I can see cinnamon burning as in spicy, but I don't see it causing blisters. It isn't hot. We got the note about it causing severe problems if it is inhaled by kids with asthma.

Just tell your kids a shot of vanilla extract is Jager. That should be much safer.

Huh:
Cinnamaldehyde/cinnamic aldehyde: give cinnamon its flavor, used as a pesticide and dog/cat repellent and CAN cause blisters in some people

I say let the damn kids do it. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way.
I am convinced it's a over-reaction by the school and they personalized it towards the student. They did this because his prank followed their lecture to the student body, so they were personally offended by his behaviour. They need to be more objective and less reactive and less inflammatory in their response to his joke. His sense of humor needs improvement; but I see 55 days as too much and it could prove to do more harm than good.
(02-21-2012, 11:12 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: I am convinced it's a over-reaction by the school and they personalized it towards the student. They did this because his prank followed their lecture to the student body, so they were personally offended by his behaviour. They need to be more objective and less reactive and less inflammatory in their respose to his joke. His sense of humor needs improvement; but I see 55 days as too much and it could prove to do more harm than good.

Probably. Only the dumb kids do that shit. He was a dumb ass. I'm on board with sacrificing the dumb ass who can't behave in order to keep the other kids in line. It's not like he was going to finish anyway. His mom isn't paying for a private education ~ it is a public school.

He's still going to school. Just not with the other kids. If his mom really cared, she would home school him or pay for private school if she wants them to put up with his ass.

There are rules about drug stuff at school. They aren't same rules as people have at home. Because schools have hundreds of kids and only black people and Mexicans have more than 3 or 4 at home...

Schools aren't parents. People forget that. Kids don't have a right to do stupid shit like that in public schools. I don't think most parents get that.