Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Dingo took my Baby"
i never believed her, still don't now. i have to go dig through old files/photos and revisit the case.

Fox
The case involving the death of an Australian infant whose mother famously said a dingo took from the family’s tent during a trip to the Australian outback, is being reopened for the fourth time.

According to The Australian, the case is being reopened because new information about recent dingo attacks was given to a coroner by the attorneys for Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton, who was found guilty in 1982 of murdering her then 9-week-old daughter, Azaria, in 1980.

That conviction was later overturned after a piece of Azaria’s clothing was found near a dingo den, AFP notes. The child’s body was never found.

The new inquest involving the case, which was the subject of the movie “A Cry in the Dark” starring Meryl Streep, will begin in February.

Among the incidents being presented: a 9-year-old boy was mauled to death in 2001 by two dingoes, and a 4-year-old girl was harmed in 2007.

[Image: Lindyandazaria.jpg]

[Image: Azaria-Chamberlain-(640).jpg]

[Image: 704531-lindy-chamberlain.jpg]

[Image: lindy-chamberlain.jpg]

[Image: Popup19373.jpg]

Seinfeld made that line famous.

However, it seems to me that incidents happening to other people would have little influence on the conviction.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I was always undecided on this one. Around here, we have coyotes that have carried off rather large cats. And ask people in Arizona about dogs and cats carried off by coyotes - it's very common. Coyotes have attacked children and adults. I don't find the possibility that it happened at all far fetched.
I saw the Movie years back - I thought the Dingo nabbed the baby, I've read quite a bit about Australian wild life and they can kill a sheep, wombat, kangaroo etc., a 9 week old baby is tiny. Some of the wild dogs are shy around people but, others not bothered by humans at all and they lurk around campgrounds. I believed the mother's story!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Who really fucking cares any more? If she was guilty, she paid the price for it anyway; her life has been fucked over infinitely since the day it happened. If she was innocent then again, it matters little now...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
i was hoping an Australian would weigh in.
i suppose she and her husband want to be cleared in the eyes of the world.
i really need to read up.

Her and her husband haven't been interested in so much as talking to each other for years, another price they paid. I think they feel people have made up their mind one way or the other by now and 'new' evidence 30 years down the track will do little to sway those opinions anyway. I think they'd rather the whole thing just died the death it deserves and people moved the fuck on. It has even fucked over their kids lives to some extent
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
it appears it is Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton who is pushing for case to be re-opened.

Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton today

[Image: 1636605.jpg]

It seems you're right...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-ne...6225214065

But my original point still stands; who fucking cares? And to be honest, I doubt anyone in general will have their opinion swayed either way.

It makes it even sadder that their agenda is to "Get the ultimate verdict they want"... it's like having the right away in traffic and driving in front of the truck. You're right, but everyone still thinks you're a fucktard...

Old Chinese proverb: He who wins the most arguments loses the most respect
(12-19-2011, 06:21 PM)crash Wrote: It seems you're right...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-ne...6225214065

But my original point still stands; who fucking cares? And to be honest, I doubt anyone in general will have their opinion swayed either way.

It makes it even sadder that their agenda is to "Get the ultimate verdict they want"... it's like having the right away in traffic and driving in front of the truck. You're right, but everyone still thinks you're a fucktard...

Old Chinese proverb: He who wins the most arguments loses the most respect

Love the old Chinese proverb!

Anyone reading this in Toledo or near Toledo at Savers on Secor Road & Central Ave across from Subway Store a second hand copy of the Movie is on the shelf for $3.99 it's DVD - Savers is a second hand shop good place for used books and DVD's.

"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(CNN) -- In a dusty campsite in central Australia more than 30 years ago, a mother's cries of "a dingo's got my baby" set the stage for one of the country's most intriguing murder mysteries.

The final scenes are set to be played out in court on Friday when a coroner will hear new evidence that her parents hope will once and for all confirm Azaria Chamberlain's official cause of death.

"We want a finding that Azaria was taken by a dingo," said Stuart Tipple, the lawyer representing Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton and her former husband Michael.

[Image: 120223013517-dingo-fence-sign-horizontal-gallery.jpg]

A fence, thousands of kilometers long, attempts to keep dingoes away from livestock in a file image from 2005.

be dingo safe:
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/fraser/dingo-safe.html

full story:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/22/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t2

She didn't do it, neither did the children.

Dingoes are very aggressive pack animals. There are some on Stradbroke Island. They are notorious for attacking tourists. There has since been another incident where a dingo tried to do the same thing.

One of my sisters friends said they try and knock the back of the middle part of your leg to knock you over so that they can attack you.

I think a 9 year old boy was killed on Stradbroke Island in an attack of dingoes. It's not uncommon at all.
(02-23-2012, 06:53 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I think a 9 year old boy was killed on Stradbroke Island in an attack of dingoes. It's not uncommon at all.

I admire Mark Twain. However, in a court of law I will disagree with his position of not letting the truth stand in the way of a good story. You should, too.

I find no factual basis for your statement that attacks by dingoes are "not uncommon at all". In fact, neither did the Chamberlain's attorney: "A spate of attacks on children has reinforced their assertion – which few Australians believed at the time – that a dingo took Azaria. The couple’s solicitor, Stuart Tipple, today said that there had been 12 such attacks, three of them fatal, since 1995. Two toddlers died in separate attacks in 2005 and 2006 by pet dingo cross-breeds."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...99318.html

I'm sure if they were as common, as you would have us believe, these "common" incidences would have be presented at an inquest.

I'd wager that Beagles, in Australia, attacked more children from 1995 to date, than Dingoes.

not to mention fatal pit bull attacks in the US and UK? those numbers are astounding.

Damn, looks like Blue Heelers (my fav, only we call them Australian Heelers), are worse than Dingoes: http://www.gtp.com.au/kidsafeqld/inewsfi...2773.1.pdf

People who camp with little bitty babies are retards. We developed buildings so tiny infants wouldn't have to sleep in a tent. Respect the ancients' wishes and sleep in your house until they are big enough to run from a bear.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
good point Cracker about babies and camping. at least in a place where snakes and all kinds of things can slither into a tent.

[Image: article-2105736-11E405DC000005DC-444_634x351.jpg]

A fourth inquest has been opened into the most notorious and bitterly controversial legal drama in Australia's history: the 1980 death of a nine-week-old baby whose parents say was taken by a dingo from her tent in the Outback.

Azaria Chamberlain's mother, Lindy, was convicted and later cleared of murdering her and has always maintained that a wild dog took the baby.

She and her ex-husband, Michael Chamberlain, are hoping fresh evidence they have gathered about dingo attacks on children will convince Northern Territory Coroner Elizabeth Morris to end the relentless speculation that has followed them for 32 years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1nK8YGpk2

I read about the reopeneing of the case in the paper on Sunday and quick as a flash, my oldest comes up with a song to the tune of "Bingo" about it. We laughed our asses off. Who the hell takes a baby camping? I mean, lets be serious about this for a second. I've never been to Australia, but I suppose there are other dangerous things in the outback besides a dingo. I don't want to think she killed her own baby, but if she didn't, she's a dumb cunt for dragging that kid out there.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
I'm sure if a dingo were hungry enough, it would take a baby from a tent, just as mountain lions will take the smallest child if you're walking with your kids through their territory. I just can't believe anyone would take a baby out there. Has anyone ever offered up a motive why she would have killed her baby? I guess I don't know that much about it.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
I took my babies camping, what the fuck? of course I had a camper van back then and I was up most of the night fishing, it's not taking the babies camping that is the problem it's being a nitwit and taking your babies camping that is the problem.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

i took my little ones camping too, but not where there were really dangerous creatures. poison snakes, poison spiders, etc. of course that can happen in any forest. i didn't camp in florida, but up here in state forests, but i lived in the state forest too. no grizzlies. i camped in NH White Mountains a lot, where i saw mountain lions at night. my kids were older then.