Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Dingo took my Baby"
(02-23-2012, 09:02 PM)Sterling Wrote: I'd wager that Beagles, in Australia, attacked more children from 1995 to date, than Dingoes.

This is not the place to vent your personal attacks on me. Leave my dog out of this. There have never been any beagle attacks on anyone ever in the history of Australia.

You really have a deficit in intellect. Your poor family. That is not an attack its an observation and fact.

I am not going to respond to your uneducated observations about dingoes. I am not going to mention how tourists are warned in particular areas. I won't mention multiple attacks on tourists and how it got so bad they had to begin culling dingoes.

You don't live here, you didn't live through it, you don't know. The reason she got a big compensation pay out is because she didn't do it. The forensic evidence that helped to convict her was wrong. That was proven. Jurors came out saying they didn't believe she was guilty and apologised to her.

Even if she did do it, for justice to be served there are too many inconsistencies that at the very least would warrant a retrial. The charges were dismissed because what she was claiming could be proved.

It's a horrible tale. That family was an innocent bunch of seventh day adventists, he was a pastor. they were gentle people. They had no idea of how cruel the outside world could be. At the time it divided the country. But I think now, the general consensis is that she didn't do it.

Australia
(02-24-2012, 08:07 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 09:02 PM)Sterling Wrote: I'd wager that Beagles, in Australia, attacked more children from 1995 to date, than Dingoes.

This is not the place to vent your personal attacks on me. Leave my dog out of this. There have never been any beagle attacks on anyone ever in the history of Australia.

You really have a deficit in intellect. Your poor family. That is not an attack its an observation and fact.

I am not going to respond to your uneducated observations about dingoes. I am not going to mention how tourists are warned in particular areas. I won't mention multiple attacks on tourists and how it got so bad they had to begin culling dingoes.

You don't live here, you didn't live through it, you don't know. The reason she got a big compensation pay out is because she didn't do it. The forensic evidence that helped to convict her was wrong. That was proven. Jurors came out saying they didn't believe she was guilty and apologised to her.

Even if she did do it, for justice to be served there are too many inconsistencies that at the very least would warrant a retrial. The charges were dismissed because what she was claiming could be proved.

It's a horrible tale. That family was an innocent bunch of seventh day adventists, he was a pastor. they were gentle people. They had no idea of how cruel the outside world could be. At the time it divided the country. But I think now, the general consensis is that she didn't do it.

Australia

Legally she may have been aquitted or the charges dismissed, but you can't undo the stupidity that actually caused it being dumb is no excuse.

You should have already known that, you're the queeeeeeeeen of stupid.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-25-2012, 02:46 AM)IMaDick Wrote: you're the queeeeeeeeen of stupid.

yeh yeh, and you're the King!
(02-24-2012, 08:07 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:

You really have a deficit in intellect. Blah, blah, blah (added by Sterling)

Blah, blah, blah (added by Sterling)

But I think now, the general consensis is that she didn't do it.

Australia

I stand by my post.

Only one of three deaths, since 1995, was the result of a “pure” Dingo in the wild. The other two killings were by Dingo hybrids KEPT AS PETS! In fact, Australia’s “pure” Dingo population is estimated to be only 30% due to decades of interbreeding with domestic dogs. Source: The International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (ICUN) – Red List of Threatened Species (2004).

Neither you nor Chamberlain’s solicitor provided documented, verifiable evidence to support your “double negative” claim that Dingo attacks ON HUMANS are commonplace and numerous throughout Australia. And why is that? Quite simply: THE DATA DOES NOT EXIST!

In other words: You are a damned liar. Fact.

As to my uneducated observations about Dingoes, the warning of tourists, multiple attacks and Dingo executions - you are mistaken and deceitfully neglected to mention the number of attacks, the location(s) of both the attacks AND subsequent Dingo exterminations, in your post. Why is that? Certainly the data contained within the Queensland’s Risk Assessment to Humans by Dingoes (2001) AND the Cooperative Resource Centre’s Wildlife Research Report Series: No. 27 (2001) would prove not only yours but Tipple’s argument, too?

Unfortunately, these publications, while documenting Dingo encounters, will not support your claim that Dingo attacks are “not uncommon” throughout Australia. Just as an observation, the death you previously referenced as occurring on Stradbroke Island actually happened on Fraser Island. Coincidentally, Fraser Island was the study location for the aforementioned publications and is considered to be the last remaining refuge for “pure” Dingoes.

Cracker understood my use of examining attacks by breeds we willingly welcome into our homes as pets - especially since two of the three deaths attributed to Dingoes WERE BY HYBRIDS IDENTIFIED AS FAMILY PETS! Accordingly: Why not use the maiming and killing data (which is numerous, available and verifiable) from the canines who are members of our family and scream at the top of our lungs: “If this is harm we receive from our pets, why would anyone doubt a wild animal wouldn’t do the same to a defenseless child in the wilderness?”

It is regrettable that your obvious and overwhelming conceit turned my example (of the gentle Beagle causing pet attacks) into a deliberate assault on you. It seems your personal prejudices preclude you from considering an alternative strategy, using verifiable statistics and animal behavior, as a means to vindicate the accused.

For what it’s worth, I believe they were found guilty based on closed-minded, fearful, religious intolerant, Australian “Christians” who were terrified by the Chamberlain’s minority brand of Christianity. Those jurors probably are probably the same type of closed-minded folks who would deny the killing of a three year old boy by a Beagle. Most likely they would also deny the killing of an infant by a Pomeranian or by a six week old Lab puppy, too.

Just like the people who state “Never” as an absolute fact - instead of an opinion.

BTW – No “I” in consensus.
I lived through this whole thing. It divided the country. I am one of the people who did not think she did it. She is a vegetarian for God's sake, she does not even eat meat. Give her a break. And me too. For the record I didn't read your post. I don't care about consensus, in Australia a sensis is also called the white pages, look it up.
(03-02-2012, 06:36 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: She is a vegetarian for God's sake, she does not even eat meat.

So that makes her innocent? Damn didn't realise that because you are a vegetarian it means you would not kill somebody....
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(03-02-2012, 08:54 AM)Jezreel Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 06:36 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: She is a vegetarian for God's sake, she does not even eat meat.

So that makes her innocent? Damn didn't realise that because you are a vegetarian it means you would not kill somebody....

Yup. Just so you know.
Aussie is once again full of shit.

William "The Mutilator" MacDonald, Australia's most famous serial killer, was said to be vegetarian.
(03-02-2012, 11:52 AM)sally Wrote: William "The Mutilator" MacDonald, Australia's most famous serial killer, was said to be vegetarian.

Based on this new evidence, I take it back, she is in fact guilty! You ridiculous turdburger.
(03-02-2012, 11:52 AM)sally Wrote: Aussie is once again full of shit.

William "The Mutilator" MacDonald, Australia's most famous serial killer, was said to be vegetarian.

Imagine saying that because someone is a vegetarian it means they wouldn't kill someone hah

Best alert the authorities and have all prisoners records checked to see if they are meat or veggie people!! There could be a lot of wrongly convicted killers out there!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Aussie rolled her brain in dog shit again, she gets like this everytime she does that.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(03-02-2012, 12:50 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Aussie rolled her brain in dog shit again, she gets like this everytime she does that.

Wondered what that was, I can smell that shit from all the way across the world.

Well, according to a ruling by an OZ high court, the dingo DID take the baby. This is from CNN

A coroner ruled Tuesday that a dingo, a wild dog native to Australia, caused the death of a baby more than 30 years ago.

Azaria Chamberlain was just two months old when she disappeared from a tent during a family holiday to Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, sparking one of the country's most sensational and enduring murder mysteries.

"The cause of her death was as the result of being attacked and taken by a dingo," Elizabeth Morris, coroner for Northern Territory, announced to Darwin Magistrates court early Tuesday. "Dingos can and do cause harm to humans."

The girl's mother, Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton, long maintained that a dingo took her baby, even as she was sentenced to life in jail for daughter's murder, a conviction that was later quashed.

Her cries of a "dingo's got my baby" were immortalized in the 1988 film "A Cry in the Dark," starring Meryl Streep who earned an Oscar nomination for the role
a great deal of the local Australian coverage here:

http://www.news.com.au/national/dingo-to...6392715293

i still have my doubts, but it's finally over for everyone.

[Image: 777485-lindy.jpg]

you know, in between other cases on my mind today i thought some about this.

i believe the coroner's verdict was political and expedient.

i think she killed that baby and buried her on the vast desert and a dingo may have dug her up.

i'd like to hear what Crash and Aussie think.

but nobody will ever change my gut instinct and belief.

(06-12-2012, 09:33 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
I think she killed that baby and buried her on the vast desert and a dingo may have dug her up.

Haha..great minds think alike, huh?

She smiled way too much yesterday for my liking.. Never trusted her. Still wouldn't, not even with a 50 cent piece.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
A neighbor had a HUGE 90lb dog decapited by a coyote a couple of years ago. I think coyote is US's version of dingos. A pack of coyote killed over 15 of my late Uncle's hunting dogs when they got into their pen. It was really horrible and I think this baby was killed by Dingos.

Leason learned, don't leave a baby or child without supervision---EVER!
(06-12-2012, 09:49 PM)crash Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 09:33 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
I think she killed that baby and buried her on the vast desert and a dingo may have dug her up.

Haha..great minds think alike, huh?

She smiled way too much yesterday for my liking.. Never trusted her. Still wouldn't, not even with a 50 cent piece.

your opinion as someone who was there throughout, intelligent, analytical, unemotional and observant means a lot to me.

LC, I will admit I will have to research the story again to decide what I think. I do not remember enough of it to say for sure now...but it does seem fishy.
From a legal perspective, the evidence that was presented at the trial that was used to convict her was proven to be false. The scientific evidence was just plain wrong. That alone proves that she should not have been convicted, based on these events. The fact is, dingoes are predatory pack animals. There have been more and more reported attacks and even fatalities. Tonight on the local news here, there was a report of a dingo tearing into a tent to try and get at the children. I think she is innocent and I think it was a terrible thing that she and her family paid such an awful price. They felt the full brunt of peoples hatred. People can be really horrible and evil, that's true. I don't think it applies in this case. I am glad for her that she has been vindicated.