Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
And Arias's final answer is...:

She shot Alexander 27 times and slit his throat in self-defense because he attacked her for dropping his new camera. Well, that ties the camera containing the incriminating evidence nicely into (yet another) very believable tale.

She lied about seeing two other people murder him and told all of those other pesky little fibs because she was scared and had been abused. Proof of abuse: he called her a slut and a whore. Well, what poor frightened victim of such vicious abuse wouldn't shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot.... and slash... after just having filmed herself having sex with the verbal abuser. Makes sense.

The defense came out of the gate doing the blame the victim dance.

If this bitch gets less than life without parole, I will lose all faith in the current jury system (even if the prosecution only does an "adequate" job and the defense can toss shit on par with Cochran and Baez).
Correction:
Arias actually stabbed (not shot) Alexander 27 times, shot him in the head and slit his throat.
Going into week 2 of the trial. Here's a recap of week 1 published in People Magazine.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,...96,00.html

• At the end of his opening statements, the prosecutor played an excerpt from Arias' September 2008 interview, where she emphatically stated, "No jury will convict me, mark my words, no jury will convict me, because I'm innocent."

•After stabbing Alexander 27 times and slitting his throat from ear-to-ear, Arias allegedly shot him with a .25-caliber gun – the same caliber weapon that Arias and her grandparents reported stolen from their Northern California home just days before the killing.

•The defense portrayed the victim – a Mormon motivational speaker – as an abusive, sex-crazed deviant who treated Arias as a sex slave, asked her to wear a French maid outfit and a t-shirt reading "Travis Alexander's." The victim called Arias a "slut" and a "whore" in e-mails – yet he told her his passwords for social media sites, according to attorneys.

• When she called Mesa police a day after Alexander's body was found, offering to "help," Arias calmly told a detective she hadn't seen Alexander since two months earlier, when she moved back to California (she'd change her story twice, eventually claiming she killed Alexander in self-defense). Arias also inquired if there was a lot of blood at the crime scene.

• Police recovered a bloody handprint that contained a mixture of Arias' blood and Alexander's.
trial started late supposedly because Jody was in the chambers talking to the judge. at this stage in the trial is it normal to have the judge talk to the defendant in chambers and if so what would be the cause? I am sure it could be anything but maybe someone has an idea from previous trials or some knowledge from courtroom experience? I'm glad i can now follow the trial on tv and caught up with the coverage. I read it online but it's just not the same.

It freaks me out the Jody looks eerily similar to my sister(adopted several years ago) or vice versa my sister looks like Jody, and my sister has a lot of issues from before she became an addition to our family and I know people always mention the look in people eyes, you always wonder in the back of your head about that "look"... it is freaking me out!!!
Arias is definitely a whack job, heartbreaker.

It came out in trial today that hours after she had sex with and then stabbed, slit and shot Mr. Alexander, she went to another man's house and spent the night as if all was normal. Also, tapes were played of Arias later speaking with police because she'd heard what happened and wanted to "be helpful". These tapes were recorded when she was claiming she hadn't seen Alexander since she'd moved back to California.

Crazy bitch. Wonder how that other man feels today. He's lucky she got locked up.
Anyone else watching this? I have been listening to the evidence so far and she is as guilty as hell!
No way was this an act of self defence. It was a vicious, violent attack. The amount of wounds Travis Alexander sustained, shows overkill on the part of Jodi Arias.
yes I have been watching what I can on tv, havent been watching online so only catching bits and pieces that insession is showing, then fast forward through conversation pieces between the host and guests at times. I think she is guilty too and thought it was funny but awkward how her make out friend was saying she was stronger than she looks. she goes and makes out with him after killing Travis and "adjusted him on the bed and got in top of him and made out with him" she was aggressive about it. i didnt like that he didnt remember some details and said i think or i dont really remember and then would continue amswer the question because i dont know how that answer will be recieved by the jury. other answer he could recall details clearly like the cuts on her hands/fingers. I'm just curious to see if she takes the stand, do they try to piece together previous interview as her story or what?

I also noticed I think this was yesterday, she was "crying" and had her hair hiding her face when some gruesome photos were being displayed but she still peaked and I was in awe that through her hair and I think hidden from the jury she peaked at the photos. if you are really that upset and crying, wiping your noes you wouldn't even look up or over or through your hair! she really is sick! I heard this is going to last a while!
I've missed most of the trial. But this twitter person has most of the highlights and photos.

https://twitter.com/robynd323

And you can watch it live here

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/live-news-6105570

These pix were found on a camera card discovered in the washing machine at their home.

[Image: slide_273021_1946611_free.jpg?1357349205000]

[Image: slide_273021_1968561_free.jpg?1357936289514]

[Image: slide_273021_1968560_free.jpg?1357855902652]

[Image: slide_273021_1985302_free.jpg?1358208323614]

[Image: slide_273021_1968556_free.jpg?1357855902649]

[Image: slide_273021_1958768_free.jpg?1357686562600][Image: slide_273021_1961046_free.jpg?1357747889342]

[Image: slide_273021_1946624_free.jpg?1357349205000]

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Seriously, good find Duchess......

That was pretty brutal, and she's a first rate loon!

(01-14-2013, 06:50 PM)Adub Wrote: I've missed most of the trial. But this twitter person has most of the highlights and photos.

https://twitter.com/robynd323

This is great too! The photo that was weird too me; where they claim the body and the perp being shown is finally making sense!

There are a plethora of videos regarding this case on youtube.
The Huffington Post, has a complete UP TO DATE timeline on this case. Very good read if you are following this case, or have just started. This bitch is cuckoo!!!

The link :
The Jodi Arias Timeline
Whoa! I knew there were pics but I'd only heard about some sex pics. Duchess or SC, maybe a graphic warning in the title (or am I just a sensitive soul)? Smiley_emoticons_slash

I believe she's going all the way down including the death penalty. She has to be the dumbest murderer ever.
Commando Cunt Queen
I can't see how she's wouldn't be convicted but I also said that about Casey Anthony. Reading and watching what I have I think she is guilty as can be. I also thought originally when she shot him it was from a distance and it hit in the face but to know that it went through the top of the skull and went through the brain and rested in the sinus cavity I believe makes me feel like she stood over him and shot him or she still could have done it from a distance but for that angle it still was a "let me make sure he's dead and not coming back after I've nearly cut his head off " shot.

Watching that second interrogation when she is in a orange jumpsuit also was like watching partial truths and made me either feel like I was watching voices in her head, or an out of body experience for her or how she saw it happening in her head, either way it was weird and sad all at the same time for her to possibly be recounting his last moments begging for help.
(01-16-2013, 12:32 PM)username Wrote: (or am I just a sensitive soul)? Smiley_emoticons_slash

Nah, it needed a warning.
prosecution rested its case today and there won't be court again till January 29th that seems like a pretty long recess. the court is hearing defense's motion for dismissal now, that is common place I believe.
Today, on the eighth day of Arias' trial in Maricopa County, the jury had several questions for the lead detective in the murder investigation.

The jury submitted multiple handwritten questions to Judge Sherry Stephens after the testimony of Detective Esteban Flores of the Mesa, Ariz., police department:

"When interviewing Mr. Alexander's roommates, did they ever show concern for his extended absence?"

"Did you ever check into their alibis?"

"Did Mr. Alexander have another boarder living in the house (and) were fingerprints of the boarder taken to see if they matched the scene?"

http://www.nyctn.com/a378139-jodi-arias-...estigation

WTH is the jury looking for alternate suspects when Arias confessed to killing Alexander and all of the evidence supports that confession? I hope the prosecution is prepared to tear apart the defense case and make a very strong closing statement. I thought the prosecution put on a strong case, but these questions make me nervous.
They must be the jurors imported from the Anthony and Simpson trials.

Years before Jodi Arias went on trial for allegedly murdering her boyfriend, the young woman told CBS's 48 Hours that she would have gained nothing from the gristly slaying.

During a 10-day lull in the courtroom proceedings, CBS is planning to re-air the conversation with Arias, which was originally recorded in 2008, just months after the woman's former boyfriend, Travis Alexander, was found stabbed, shot and brutally mutilated in his apartment in suburban Mesa, Arizona.

During the no-holds-barred 48 Hours interview, Arias discussed the night Alexander died, their illicit sexual encounters and her fondness for taking explicit photos of the lovers that are now being used as evidence in her murder trial.

This will be profiled again tonight at 10 PM EST.
(01-18-2013, 03:20 PM)Jimbone Wrote: They must be the jurors imported from the Anthony and Simpson trials.

Cheers to that!!!

(01-19-2013, 10:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Years before Jodi Arias went on trial for allegedly murdering her boyfriend, the young woman told CBS's 48 Hours that she would have gained nothing from the gristly slaying.

During the no-holds-barred 48 Hours interview, Arias discussed the night Alexander died, their illicit sexual encounters and her fondness for taking explicit photos of the lovers that are now being used as evidence in her murder trial.

This will be profiled again tonight at 10 PM EST.

The 48HRS Episode