Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
the 2012 trivial drivel thread
wow!
Last time I looked Aussie was still messed up.

and I was still a Mock legend.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I am annoyed as fuck!!!! Every year I wind up with a few dud Christmas presents for my child that I wished I hadn't purchased. They either are not like as portrayed on TV or the box or they are just cheap and stupid. I usually just return them, no problem. But this year I did a shit job of picking stuff out and didn't really take the time to really research the product or even study the packaging real well. I have about 5 toys I need to return. The problem is that they are all opened and used/tried. I have the receipts, but I'm not sure what to expect at the counter because they are obviously used. I am not happy either because these toys are crap and some unlucky cashier is gonna get a mouthful, especially if they give me a hard time. These TV commercials had my kid hooked and he talked about Dr.Dreadful Zombie Lab and Creepy crawler bug maker for months. It was against my better judgement to buy it (so I sorta asked for it) I don't usually go for that gimmicky shit, but I didn't think they would be as bad as they were- absolute fucking garbage! We tried to make the bugs so some of the mix is opened and the machine has been used---the machine leaked and the bugs broke in less than a minute,etc,etc. I have a $60 Transformer that is too complicated for him and gives me a headache just to look at the directions---I have the torn box, but I can't even get him back together like he was in the package!!! Are they gonna take this stuff back????? If it was just one thing I might not bother, but these things were $25 - $30 a piece and I have at least 5-6 toys I need to return to Toys R Us. The only returns I've made looked the same going back as when I bought them---these toys are all boogered up. Anybody know???? I knew I should have just bought that Damn Toss Across!! At least I know exactly what I'm getting!
i read somewhere Kitty that used toys cannot be returned. then again, saying they are defective is another matter. i guess each store has their own policy, good luck!

Take the transformer in and tell them if they can get it back in the box you will keep it, if they can't they need to refund your money, as for the bug maker how the fuck would you know it didn't work if you didn't try it? if they can answer that with a straight face hand it to the next kid in line and leave happy.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

They fucking package toys like they're nuclear bombs these days. There's no WAY to get them out of the damn plastic and twistie ties with any hope that the packaging will resemble the original. Take them back. I've discovered (by way of recent returns) that stores often have better return policies than I would anticipate. They just throw them in a bin somewhere and charge it back to the manufacturer (I guess).

Commando Cunt Queen
(12-29-2011, 12:20 AM)username Wrote: They fucking package toys like they're nuclear bombs these days. There's no WAY to get them out of the damn plastic and twistie ties with any hope that the packaging will resemble the original. Take them back. I've discovered (by way of recent returns) that stores often have better return policies than I would anticipate. They just throw them in a bin somewhere and charge it back to the manufacturer (I guess).

I'm going to just tidy them up the best I can or just shove all the twist ties and plastic crap back in the box and give it a try. I'm hoping that that they have a lenient return policy. I know that some places will tell their employees to accept all returns without question. And I will put up a fight because some of it was defective and simply junk! I do like Dick's idea of asking the clerk to put the transformer back together!! I hope that they are just tired of Christmas and returns that they just take it back! I don't remember having to use tools to get my presents out when I was a kid! Is that because they don't want people opening them up in the stores or what?? Jeez, I couldn't believe the way some of that shit was packaged!
I took my sons DaGeDar track back after he used it and it fell the fuck apart. Ripped box and all! I got my money back. Cheap ass shit. :( Toys are a pain in the ass, especially for boys!
Blowing-kisses gnm
With all that shit can you believe those two are still together?

The J & L thread has passed one million views. Thank you. Thank you very much. Blowing-kisses
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-29-2011, 09:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The J & L thread has passed one million views. Thank you. Thank you very much. Blowing-kisses

HA! i hadn't yet noticed.
we have to give maytee credit for about half of those. Secret
free jammie pants for everyone! 19

Duchess notices stats and numbers, i never think to do it. Compcoff

Now she will think she's famous, LC. hah O God...Not Jammie pants!
I want to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

Well, I have done something about it. A couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some pals and had a few too many whiskeys as well as two beers; but knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home.

I arrived back safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since
I had never driven a bus before and have no idea where I got this one.
hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I like the new thread title, saying it out loud is kind of like chewing on taffy.
(12-29-2011, 02:36 PM)Smegma Wrote: I like the new thread title, saying it out loud is kind of like chewing on taffy.

yeah, my silly attempt at alliteration was getting on my last nerve already. hah

I think this is beautiful.

[Image: IMG_0952-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0970.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0962.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0958.jpg]
it IS beautiful. where is it? reminds me of Williamsburg. except for above-ground graves.

It's around here, I took some pix today but I didn't want to put them in the travel forum, that would have indicated I was open to questions about the area. hah