Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New thinking about Egypt
I don'tknow if anyone gives a fuck or not so here it is.

I found a truly ingenious new tool the Egyptians used. It was almost certainly called a "shen-sceptre" because most of their tools were called "sceptres". It was a bronze ring with a heavy bronze bar part of it and tangental to the ring. Almost any way you put a sling through the loop it just wants to get stuckto this thing. A sling is just a rope with the end doubled back on itself or a rope with a loop on both ends. This shen sceptre was a connecting device for all the ropes. Slings are often connected improperly by people who don't have experience with them or don't have to pay for them. If they are wrapped around one another to connect them the outside one is destroyed and the inside is damaged. Their strenght is severely reduced and their capacity is lower. The shen sceptre encircles the ropes and protects them from damage. The real beauty of it is that multiple ropes can be attached and very little slack is needed to connect them.

The shen is a "letter" in the "alphabet" that means "encircl" and "protect". Far more remarkably is that the word for "unite" is a shen with two slings hanging from it. The word for "divide" is the shen with a single sling.

It gets even more remarkable because this shen sceptre symbol is used in an elongated form to denote that the word inside is the name of the king. This device is called a "cartouche" by Egyptology and, of course, they have no idea what it means. The cartouche takes the function (uniter) rather than the meaning to apply to the king. The king "united" upper and lower Egypt.

I'm coming to believe that the Egyptians were superb scientists and hardly had a bit of superstition in them. But the problem seems to be that we modern people are exceedingly superstitious. They could build great pyramids with such primitive technology because they knew they were ignorant. Modern people are so superstitious that we can't even figure out how they did it. We're even afraid to go look. Since we know everything it's best to just figure they mustta used ramps and look no further.

I'd have never imagined this even a year ago and it's an observation that has been slowly dawning on me for a while now. I believe the rituals and spiritual components of science were ripped from it and repackaged as religion around 2000 BC. Science was tossed to the dogs to be refound many centuries later. Modern language is the source, cause, and means of propogation for superstition.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
i thought this was fascinating Clad. i'd like to see a picture of the tool.

(01-02-2012, 01:18 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i'd like to see a picture of the tool.

Me, too.

I also want to know what he means by "modern language". I am assuming he means alphabet languages that form words rather than pictorgraphs.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(01-02-2012, 01:18 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i thought this was fascinating Clad. i'd like to see a picture of the tool.

Ditto!
86 112
[Image: govts15.gif]

This is the "shen ring".

The usage of this word doesn't exist from before the 5th dynasty but it was probably called a "shen sceptre" in the pyramid building age. "Sceptre" was a general term that meant "tool" or "machine part". The Egyptian language was highly internally consistent so I would speculate that "shen" actually meant "to encircle and protect". It did represent encirclement and protection.

[Image: wire-rope-slings-328205.jpg]

No matter how you put the end of the sling through this shen ring it just wants to get hooked onto it. It also requires only a few inches of slackin the rope to attach to this device. It's just pure genius. If a rope was fraying then they could just swap it out without even stopping "production". The stones flew to the pyramid such that there would be a little slack in between each short train of stones. Stones were rigged in the quarry and never needed to be unroped until they were ready to be set in the pyramid itself. It was a symphony that ran like clockwork and was powered and run by the Gods Themselves.

926a. To say: The two reed-floats of heaven are placed by the morning-boat for Rē‘,
926b. that Rē‘ may ferry over on them to Horus who inhabits the horizon, to the horizon.
926c. The two reed-floats of heaven are placed by the evening-boat for Horus who inhabits the horizon,
926d. that Horus who inhabits the horizon may ferry over on them to Rē‘, to the horizon.
927a. The two reed-floats of heaven are caused to descend for N. by the morning-boat,
927b. that N. may mount on them to Rē‘, to the horizon.
927c. The two reed-floats of heaven are caused to descend for N. by the evening-boat,
927d. that N. may mount on them to Horus, who inhabits the horizon, to the horizon.
928a. N. mounts on high on this eastern side of heaven where the gods are born;
928b. N. will be born (anew there) like Horus, like him of the horizon.
929a. N. is justified; the ka of N. is justified;

The cartouche enclosed the king's name and was used for no other purpose;

[Image: govts02.gif]

This was because the word for "unite" is a shen-sceptre with two slings hanging from it. The king was the "Uniter of Upper and Lower Egypt".

This does not agree with Egyptological opinion because they are essentially wrong about alltheir assumptions. They don't know either the origin or function of any of the 30 known "magic scepters" or any of the iconography. These are all revealing themselves in the literal meaning odf whjat the builders actually said. They were not the superstitious bumpkins that they are said to be but were actually keen scientists and far less superstitious than anyone living today in all probability.

I should have noted that the cartouche is elongated only because the king's name was generally quite long because he had several names. The shen was stretched out so that it could enclose the entire name on a single line. The word "cartouche" comes from French because Napolean studied the pyramids on one of his campaigns. The elongated shen looked like French munition cartridges which were "cartouches".

Language is so butchered that much of the reason this stayed hidden is the Babel that replaced the ancient languages. Trying to trace even the simplest terms back more than a few centuries can be impossible. The only way into the pyramid was through the backdoor.
Did they have symbols for the cardinal directions?

Why is everything phrased in terms of gods?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(01-02-2012, 05:47 AM)Cracker Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:18 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i'd like to see a picture of the tool.

Me, too.

I also want to know what he means by "modern language". I am assuming he means alphabet languages that form words rather than pictorgraphs.

If I'm right about the meaning of the PT then one is forced to many conclusions. Western civilization is founded on Greek thought and the first thing that changes is that it becomes excrutiatingly obvious that Greek thought was founded nearly solely on Egyptian thought. But this was derived Egyptian thought. It was the ancient philosophy after it went through the illogic of Babel. All of everything is, in a sense, in a left handed sort of way, founded on the death of geysers. This sounds silly but human progress is built on existing beliefs. There is normally a logical progression that can be mapped from idea to idea and invention to invention. This simply undermines the very foundation of western thought and exposes the superstition which is modern thought. This superstition is everywhere except in computer programming and scientific experiments. Of course it affects these indirectly.

I didn't see how pervasive this was in me and everyone else until it came time to prove the means G1 was built.

This isn't to say I have to be right about all this but once it is accepted that the builders were scientists then all else follows. Those who are quick to dismiss the entire thing should consider that not only does Egypt come to make sense but world history and some of the Bible become literally true. It says that bad (possibly highly confused) people took over long ago and it was forgotten. Of course it should also be noted that people are naturally superstitious and it's possible the pyramid builders were just one of the rare exceptions. It's possible the people themselves were more like us and it was only the priest scientists who were rational. This, however, is improbable due to the very nature of the Pyramid Texts. These were written to be read aloud tothe assembled masses. Why would they be written scientifically if the people were superstitious.

The implications are just staggering.
(01-02-2012, 10:52 PM)Cracker Wrote: Did they have symbols for the cardinal directions?

They had words for the cardinal directions.

They invented the calender and their stellar observation was so precise that G1 is oriented almost exactly N/ S.

Where we tend to be oriented to the north (globes are made with the northern hemisphere on top), the Egyptians were heavily oriented to the south.

Quote:Why is everything phrased in terms of gods?

These reallyn weren't "gods" at all. This is a mistranslation that I "allow" because I just love to capitalize the word "Gods". I only capitalize it though when referring to the Egyptian "neters" which is the word they translate as "gods". "Neters" probably should be translated as "Phenomena" or "Natures" or "Natural processes" to be closer to the Egyptian understanding of the word. Kebehwet, for instance, was the height of the water on the pyramid top. This height is directly proportional to the pressure of the water at the "height of heaven" (the top of the geyser). Therefore Kebehwet was the ""Goddess" of Top Pressure". Or more accurately the "phenomenon of pressure". She is the feminine form of the word for heaven which in concept is depth since heaven is a measurement. She is the "daughter of Anubis" which is the "thought" (the architect) who (which) directed all building operation fromthe pyramid top. She made manifest the desire of the builder since without pressure no water could flow to the counterweight and no stone could be lifted.

Everything fits together and this is why this must be accepted in the end.

I would like to see your rewritten version without all the accepted translations. I bet it reads more like a textbook than a bible...
(01-03-2012, 12:26 AM)Cracker Wrote: I would like to see your rewritten version without all the accepted translations. I bet it reads more like a textbook than a bible...

I'm starting to picture the best way to present it. It will have the same feeling as expressed by Mercer but most of the religious concepts need to be expunged. Some words with religious connotations must survive and these will need to be defined and placed in context. Religions usurped all the words having to do with spirituality, wonder, and faith. Many of these words need to be taken back and put in the mouths of the pyramid builders.

I would drop manyof the shorter utterances as being too obscure and too different to be important to understanding. They need to be reordered from the general to the specific and from the start of the ceremonies at the sacred apron to the end at the iskn. A logical order would help reveal the intended meaning. Allof the translators' directions need to be fixed and some stab needs to be made at explaining the thought that defines the thinking. I think this can all be done with a longer preface and just a little more explanatory notes. It should be rather elegant in fact and show just how remarkably elegant their words must have been.

I believe in a few decades they'll even be able to recreate the sound of the language since I believe there were various rhyming schemes. There is probably a lot more information recoverable from the sound and sequence of the words and pictures. A little of the missing portions should be recoverable as well.
I got something pretty neat tonight but I'm going to sit on it for right now.

I found the specific name for the "trees of life". This term differentiates the Egyptian sycamore figs that fix fossilized gold from figs that grow elsewhere. They are "ks'bt" trees. This is going to blow open another dozen lines in the PT because Sopdu is the "God" of this and there exists a feminine concept named "Khensut".

This should be easily soluble.

I also have reason to believe they could very accurately know time because the calender appears to be based on the minute! If true this also gave rise to our concept of 360 degrees in a circle. There's a lot of math and I can't think mathematically any longer. Numbers used to arrange themselves but now I gotta beat 'em with a stick.

The Egyptians probably borrowed from all their neighbors and trading partners and they were the foundation of almost everything but were written out of history by ignorance, misunderstanding, and religious beliefs. Modern civilization is founded on misunderstandings and language that gives rise to superstitions of many sorts.

I fear the ancients would be ashamed of us and wouldn't have tried so hard if they knew this particular end result. They would amazed by our technology but probably not very surprised. They would cringe at the way we use it.
I wish I were familiar with Egyptian works. I have never studied them, so I don't have them cataloged in my head. I don't know what was found as a complete work in a scroll or what was found written on the east wall of the oldest step pyramid. Without that knowledge, there is no nomenclature for me. I would never be able to make any real sense of it. I see why Egyptology is a separate discipline.

When I read something like this: http://www.tehutionline.com/newpage4.htm I see the beginnings of our world religions. In that page, you see instructions about other things but I can only comprehend the ideas of the Trinity, baptism, rebirth.

I remember you telling me how the ancient Egyptians were specialized according to trade/location. I'm sure they relied mostly on oral tradition. Oral tradition is bullshit because it relies on the weakest link. Why didn't they write things down and store them in a library? Were they only concerned with their own afterlife and not with the lives that would come after them? Were they were illiterate? Or did they just write everything down on papyrus? Writing is important. It frees time up for future generations because they don't have to learn everything themselves and they can build on past discoveries.

You don't want Cracker passing on the holiest secrets of antiquity with a buzz on. I would embellish the oral tradition just to see if other people would believe it, then laugh my ass off. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
(01-07-2012, 01:05 AM)Cracker Wrote: I wish I were familiar with Egyptian works. I have never studied them, so I don't have them cataloged in my head. I don't know what was found as a complete work in a scroll or what was found written on the east wall of the oldest step pyramid. Without that knowledge, there is no nomenclature for me. I would never be able to make any real sense of it. I see why Egyptology is a separate discipline.

I think the trick is to avoid later translations because each generation is working to turn this into something it isn't. Also avoid later versions like the coffin texts and book of the dead. Avoid learning Egyptological beliefs.

It's just a matter of reading it till it makes sense. If you assume the writers were ignorant superstitious savages before you start then you won't get it.

When you do read Egyptologists try to stick with older ones like Budge, Breasted, and Petrie. If something in the work doesn't make sense then you need to read it another time. Eventually it will. I read it every ten days and research as I go.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/pyt/

Never forget that translation is only approximate so look for patterns to identify translation problems. Believe it or not there are readily identifiable translation problems. The funniest is that these guys actually believe the builders made numerous grammatical errors while carving them into walls. They don't understand the concept of "sexuality" in the ancient language. Every concept has a sex. Most objects have numerous parts and both sexes. For instance the djed was a pipe so was obviously masculine but when speaking of the inside of the pipe one switched to using the feminine. Egyptologists thing they just used the wrong pronouns all the time. They think they carved the exact same errors into numerous pyramids over a century!!

Other such patterns become apparent. Understanding the Egyptians requires that you understand how they think.
Nothing at all survives from the great pyramid building age. As nearly as I can tell that mountain of evidence implied by Egyptology isn't even really a molehill. Not one single complete thought, not one sentence of written material survives from before the 5th dynasty.

Everything has to be projected.

Imagine everything being destroyed in the US by a barrage of nuclear weapons except the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Wall). Five thousand years from now, the people would think we all worshipped over 58,000 gods.

(I do kind of worship them, but not like that. Smiley_emoticons_smile )
(01-06-2012, 11:51 PM)cladking Wrote: I found the specific name for the "trees of life". This term differentiates the Egyptian sycamore figs that fix fossilized gold from figs that grow elsewhere. They are "ks'bt" trees. This is going to blow open another dozen lines in the PT because Sopdu is the "God" of this and there exists a feminine concept named "Khensut".

This should be easily soluble.

I really shouldn't say anything until I'm sure but this just jumped right out at me today. Consider this a work in progress.

I've never been comfortable with the concept of Wepwawet (opener of the way) as the God of the drill that made the geysers. It just doesn't exactly fit and when you have little info you need precise fits. I've already been coming to believe that Wepwawet is the God of the djed (aims the geyser). I think Sopdu may be the God of the drill. This will blow the PT wide open and give me thirty lines and solidify several others I think.

Curiously it's typical Egyptian thinking. So long as the "Tree of Life" lives Sopdu must live as well. So long as the tree of life lives the king will keep drilling the fountainof youth to maintain the harvest. Here's orthodoxy on the subject;

"(Sopd, Sopdu, Sopedu) Soped’s name apparently comes from an Egyptian word meaning, literally, ‘sharp’, but which also bore a similar range of metaphorical meanings to that which ‘sharp’ has in English, i.e., ‘skilled’ or ‘effective’. The literal ‘sharpness’ which is said of Soped is that of his beak (e.g., “sharp of teeth” in PT utterance 222), for he is depicted often as a hawk, especially with a headdress of two tall plumes (these plumes possibly an astral phenomenon of some kind, viz. CT spell 61, “you shine in the plumes of Soped”) and a flail perched at his shoulder."

http://henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/soped/

Have you seen this "new translation" of the Book of the Dead or Going Forth By Day?

This is pure Buddhism:

The chapter of not letting the heart of Osiris Ani be driven away from him in Neterkhert
Let the great wheel turn. We sit at the hub of the universe and the stars spin around. A man's fortunes rise and decline. He makes plans and his plans are changed. When the moon is full, it shall grow thin. Some days it's easier to commune with gods than others. Bless the wheel where all things spin. This is the story of a life. A man learns nature is not always kind. Nature acts according to nature. Crocodiles eat fish and no one can be blamed. A man takes his fortunes in stride. Swaying first to his left foot and then the right, he learns to walk and hold his balance. He sees that gods surround him, but most days he walks his path alone. With one foot always forward, a man reaches heaven...

...What goes around comes around, and so the great wheel turns.

Have you seen this Hieroglyphic Typewriter? haha http://www.eyelid.co.uk/hieroglyphic-typewriter.html