Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Haven't seen a soup recipe yet
Where's the soup recipes in the soup kitchen?

Anyhoo, recently bought 30lbs of premium I-dee-Ho russets...so I've been playing around a bit with potato recipes. After a lot of fucking around, I've come up with a killer tater soup.

The basic recipe is here

I make a much larger amount, as the soup keeps for a long time, and actually tastes better as the flavors tend to meld the longer it sits.

Anyhoo, the changes I make are

1. I use 6 baked taters
2. In addition to the 7 cups of milk, I add 2 cans (32oz) of chicken broth. This thins the soup a bit, and defo adds flavor
3. Double the amount of sour cream
4. Double the mount of shredded cheese
5. I buy the Kirkland real bacon bits...and add about 1 1/2-2 cups. Much easier than dicking around with frying up and chopping bacon slices. Do not use fake bacon bits
6. I add a package of sliced mushrooms
7. Garlic seasoning to taste (havent used cloves yet, thats on my list to try)
8. For the rue, I'll use 1 cup of margarine/butter (margarine works better as it doesnt separate as much during re-heating) to 1 cup flour.
9. 6-7 scallions as opposed to 4.
10. Salt/pepper/other seasonings to taste.

Holy shit, this stuff kicks ass, and is perfect on a cold day. It sticks to the ribs, good as a meal by itself. There is absolutely nothing healthy about this soup, and it's not for the weight-conscious.

The basic soup is a blank canvass, you can pretty much add anything and everything you like, according to your particular taste.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Potato soup

boiled potatos,onions,condensed milk, milk, ham,shredded carrots,garlic,salt and pepper.

use as much of each as is needed to feed the family.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

^^^^ You're one bland sonofabitch.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

(01-02-2012, 11:17 AM)thekid65 Wrote: ^^^^ You're one bland sonofabitch.

It's fucking potato soup.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

True dat, but this isnt 1740 Ireland were talking here.

Bloody peasants!

Sautee a nice amount of fresh Leek julienne in butter. Deglace with a dry white wine. Fill up with chicken stock and add potatoes cut into cubes. Bring to boil and simmer until the potatoes are soft. Add a fair amount of Creme Double, drop it into a blender and mix. You usually use the potatoes to thicken the soup, so you don't need to make any sort of "Roux". The cream and potatoes should take care of that part.

Strain it through a fine sieve. Bring back to boil, season, pour into soup plates, add some Creme Fraiche, a good spoon of Caviar onto the Creme, and sprinkle with finely sliced Chives.

NOW you have a nice Potato Soup!
(01-02-2012, 02:42 PM)Mohammed Wrote: Bloody peasants!

Sautee a nice amount of fresh Leek julienne in butter. Deglace with a dry white wine. Fill up with chicken stock and add potatoes cut into cubes. Bring to boil and simmer until the potatoes are soft. Add a fair amount of Creme Double, drop it into a blender and mix. You usually use the potatoes to thicken the soup, so you don't need to make any sort of "Roux". The cream and potatoes should take care of that part.

Strain it through a fine sieve. Bring back to boil, season, pour into soup plates, add some Creme Fraiche, a good spoon of Caviar onto the Creme, and sprinkle with finely sliced Chives.

NOW you have a nice Potato Soup!

and serve it cold right comrade?
John Adams

[Image: 12818513568766P.JPG]

[Image: campbells-cream-of-potato-soup-condensed-50-oz-can.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-02-2012, 03:02 PM)Duchess Wrote: [Image: 12818513568766P.JPG]

[Image: campbells-cream-of-potato-soup-condensed-50-oz-can.jpg]

Freaking lazy-assed wench. Go make me a sammich.

Hahaha! I posted that specifically for you. Blowing-kisses
there are a few soup recipes around, here is one for bean soup that is great. sorry, not potatoes.

http://mockforums.net/post-213123.html#pid213123

post 352

i've been looking around also for my kale soup recipe from Yankee Mag, it's wonderful, but i haven't found it yet. i know it's here.

I have a similar recipe that also calls for a grated carrot (or two) and 12 tsp. or so of celery seed.

Commando Cunt Queen
here it is...it's delicious and will cure colds or flu all winter!

Ruth O'Donnell's
Portuguese Kale Soup
From Yankee Magazine — January 2010

Ruth learned to make this soup from her mother, who in turn learned it from her adoptive mother. "My mother always used white beans or dark beans, whatever she had," Ruth explains, "but probably 50 years ago, I started adding the 'Bean with Bacon' soup instead of beans. It's what gives this soup its flavor." In addition, what makes this recipe distinctly Portuguese is the linguica–a spicy sausage available in markets on Cape Cod, on the South Shore, and around Boston, but sometimes hard to find elsewhere. If linguica isn't available in your area, use hot sausage or kielbasa.

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 medium-size onions, chopped
1 pound linguiça, sliced, slices halved
4 cups chicken broth
1 pound fresh kale, washed, stems discarded, shredded into small pieces
1 can Campbell's "Bean with Bacon" soup plus 1 can water (or substitute 1 can white beans plus 2 cups chicken broth)
2 large potatoes, peeled, cubed (russets or your preference)
Kosher or sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, add oil and cook garlic, onions, and linguiça slices until onions are soft. Add 4 cups chicken broth and kale. Cover, and let kale cook down, stirring occasionally.

Add bean soup and water (or substitute beans and broth); simmer about 5 minutes. (Add more water if the mixture's not dilute enough.) Add cubed potatoes. Simmer, covered, 20-30 minutes longer, till potatoes are soft.

Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.

[Image: image_9508.jpg]

[Image: image_9509.jpg]

[Image: image_9510.jpg]

Would someone please fix the title.
',.
(01-02-2012, 03:01 PM)IMaDick Wrote: and serve it cold right comrade?

Not necessarily, but could do, which would make it a "Vichysoise". However, apart from a nice Gazpacho am not really a big fan of cold soup.

Another really nice one is Pumpkin Cream Soup with Smoked Chicken Breast, Creme Fraiche and crispy Tortilla julienne.

You cut any kind of pumpkin into cubes, without skin of course, and sautee it in butter with some chopped onions. Deglace it with White Wine and add chicken stock. Bring to boil and simmer it a bit, until the pumpkin is soft. Chuck it into a blender and .... well, blend.

Pour it through a fine sieve, add a good amount of cream and bring to boil. Reduce it until it's the right consistency.

Take smoked Chicken Breast and cut it into julienne, which are fine, thin slices.

Take the Tortilla and slice it into long strips, fry them crispy in butter.

Pour soup into soup plates, add the chicken julienne, add a blob of Creme Fraiche into the middle, put some of the Tortilla julienne onto that, sprinkle with sliced Chives, eh voila, enjoy.

Next time we'll do some Spicy Tomato Seafood Soup flavoured with Lemongrass. Simply Rrrrrrrrr.........
Yum, yum, yum!

As far as making it myself, you lost me at pouring it through a fine sieve. I don't sieve (or sift for that matter). There are certain flags for me in recipes that scream work; I instinctively avoid them.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-03-2012, 02:51 PM)username Wrote: There are certain flags for me in recipes that scream work; I instinctively avoid them.

Me too! Anything over five ingredients or 30-40 minutes in the kitchen.

(01-02-2012, 04:40 PM)username Wrote: I have a similar recipe that also calls for a grated carrot (or two) and 12 tsp. or so of celery seed.

Ya know, thats on my list of shit to add. I've made it once with those "baby carrots"..and it just didnt do it for me, I though perhaps if the carrot was grated, or even cut into smaller pieces it would be killer.

So sweet.

But straining, anything really, is actually quite fun. We use these ones

[Image: cartellate-con-vin-cotto-step03.jpg]

Which come with the big mesh as on the pic, or with a fine one, which we mainly use. The fun is on the squeeshing and squashing that you do when you squeeze all the good juice out of anything with your ladle.

Sounds almost like sex doesn't it?!