Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gun collectors, want a piece of Bonnie and Clyde?
full story at link below.

[Image: article-2081243-0F51C06C00000578-901_636x382.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0F514E4400000578-275_636x446.jpg]

A deadly cache of guns once owned by notorious gangsters Bonnie and Clyde - including this .45 caliber Thompson sub-machine gun (also known as a Tommy gun) - will go to auction this month

[Image: article-0-0F514E3800000578-20_636x470.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0F51501800000578-959_636x127.jpg]

The firearms, including this 12-gauge Winchester shotgun dating back to 1897, could fetch thousands

[Image: article-0-0F5180C000000578-688_636x754.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0001A00500000258-983_306x423.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ksltppIkzZ1qa70eyo1_500.jpg]

[Image: hintonpic.jpg]

[Image: bonnie-bonnie-clyde.jpg]

This is the deadly cache of guns once owned by notorious gangsters Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, which is set to go under the hammer at auction this month.

The .45 caliber Thompson sub-machine gun - also known as a Tommy gun - and a 12-gauge Winchester shotgun dating back to 1897 could fetch thousands.

They were seized by police after a daring raid on the duo went wrong and two officers were killed in a hail of bullets.

But during their getaway, the iconic outlaws - who met in January 1930 - left behind the two powerful guns in Joplin, Missouri, in April 1933.

full story
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1iKkdVOIF

I wouldn't have thought those items would be made available for auction ...I guess because they are evidence in a crime. I bet those items are going to fetch a lot of money at auction. How could they not?
86 112
I would bet that they legally belong to the family of the gangsters. They will bring in lots of money though.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-06-2012, 11:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I would bet that they legally belong to the family of the gangsters. They will bring in lots of money though.

i doubt it Dick...since

A. they were likely stolen weapons

and

B. were used in the commission of serious felonies like murder of police officers, they probably belonged to the authorities.

i just reviewed the article, that seems to be the case. a policeman lent to museum, owner family of officer wants to sell.

Owning that Thompson would fucking rock.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(01-06-2012, 12:44 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 11:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I would bet that they legally belong to the family of the gangsters. They will bring in lots of money though.

i doubt it Dick...since

A. they were likely stolen weapons

and

B. were used in the commission of serious felonies like murder of police officers, they probably belonged to the authorities.

i just reviewed the article, that seems to be the case. a policeman lent to museum, owner family of officer wants to sell.

Idividual officers own weapons taken from dangerous criminals?

I guess things have changed a little over the years. hah

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

evidence was probably handled a little more loosely in 1933. no CSI, bagging and tagging. Policehah

KANSAS CITY, Mo (Reuters) - Two guns believed seized from gangsters Bonnie and Clyde in 1933 after a deadly Missouri shootout with police sold for a combined $210,000 Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch at an auction on Saturday in Kansas City to an unnamed online bidder.

The bidder paid $130,000 for a .45-caliber Thompson submachine gun, known as a "Tommy gun" in gangster slang. The same bidder paid $80,000 for an 1897 12-gauge Winchester shotgun.

Wow.........that sold cheap.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot, get me that Colt .38 revolver! 79

subliminal message~~
birfday october, birfday october, birfdayyyyy, happy birfday LCeeeee...17

----------------------------------------------

She kept a Colt .38-caliber revolver close, while he preferred a .45-caliber pistol from the same maker.

But neither weapon was enough to save American outlaws and lovers Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow during a 1934 ambush by law enforcement officers.

After the duo was dead, authorities recovered the revolver Bonnie had secured to an inner thigh with white medical tape.

They also seized the handgun Clyde had tucked into his waistband.

Nearly 80 years later, those guns and other items connected to the infamous gangsters will be going up for auction in New Hampshire on Sept. 30. An auction official estimated Thursday that each Bonnie and Clyde weapon could bring between $100,000 and $200,000.

"They were pretty famous in their moment and I think that's lasted through time," said Bobby Livingston, vice president of RR Auction in Amherst, N.H.

Besides the guns, other items Livingston's company will auction include a gold pocket watch Clyde was wearing when he died, and a cosmetics case Bonnie was using to carry lipstick, Coty face powder and a powder puff. The brown leatherette box was inside the Ford automobile the gangsters were riding in when a posse of lawmen riddled it with bullets on a Louisiana road.

Also in the auction is a letter that Clyde wrote to his brother L.C. Barrow on the back of a photo showing a house on a platform surrounded by water. He signed it "bud," his code name when he was on the run.

FBI files say Bonnie and Clyde met in Texas in 1930 and were believed to have committed 13 murders and several robberies and burglaries by the time they died. Law enforcement officials were among their victims. The duo became infamous as they traveled across America's Midwest and South, holding up banks and stores with other gang members.

Texas Ranger Frank Hamer led the posse of six lawmen who carried out the ambush, and auction officials said authorities gifted him the guns from the lovers' bodies as part of his compensation for the operation.

Auction officials said all the Bonnie and Clyde items are coming from the estate of Robert E. Davis. He was a collector from Texas who acquired items Hamer had owned, along with items that came from the estate of Clyde's sister, Marie Barrow.

Jonathan Davis, whose book "Bonnie & Clyde & Marie: A Sister's Perspective on the Notorious Barrow Gang" is expected out shortly, befriended Marie Barrow in the early 1990s and is acting as an advisor for the auction.

He said Thursday that people are drawn to Bonnie and Clyde memorabilia because of the romantic aspect of their story and because there's always an interest in outlaws.

L.J. Hinton, the son of a Texas deputy sheriff who was part of the ambush, shared a similar view Thursday. Besides the outlaws' love story, he said people also have been fascinated by Bonnie and Clyde because they became Robin Hood-like characters by robbing banks during the Depression.

The 78-year-old retired law-enforcement official manages the Bonnie & Clyde Ambush Museum in Gibsland, La., the town where the takedown happened. He predicted the September auction will attract a lot of interest.

"Just hang on to your hat, because it will be a bidding war," he said.

[Image: Bonnie-And-Clyde-Auct_Lync.jpg]

[Image: article-2173107-140D0939000005DC-161_636x382.jpg]

Bonnie Parker kept a Colt .38-caliber revolver - top right - taped to her thigh, while Clyde Barrow preferred a .45-caliber pistol from the same maker - bottom right. But neither weapon was enough to save the outlaws and lovers during a 1934 ambush by law enforcement officers. Now the firearms are going up for auction in New Hampshire.

more photos
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ction.html

Subliminal message. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
DON'T FORGET AUCTION IN SEPT. MAGGOT SWEETIE! it will be fun to attend! yep. 99 you are just soooooo cute Maggot! 17
----------------------------------------------------------

The gun belonging to one of America’s most notorious gangsters is going up on the auction block.

Al Capone’s Colt .25-caliber semi-automatic vest pocket pistol will be among the items included in the American Gangsters, Outlaws and Lawman sale organized by RR Auctions.

Capone, a crime boss who smuggled alcohol throughout the U.S. during the Prohibition-era, had given the gun to one of his bootleggers for personal protection.
The piece is estimated to sell from $10,000 to $15,000 at the live auction, that will be held on September 30 in Nashua, New Hampshire.

[Image: article-0-14A73685000005DC-679_634x431.jpg]

Capone's Colt .25-caliber semi-automatic vest pocket pistol

[Image: article-0-0CAEE91A00000578-201_634x375.jpg]

Colt .38 revolver that had belonged to Al Capone, sold for over $100,000 at a Christie's 2011 auction in London

[Image: article-0-0BECA648000005DC-881_306x296.jpg]

Calling all crime buffs: Here's your shot at history.

The .38-caliber revolver taped to Bonnie Parker’s inner thigh when she and Clyde Barrow were killed by a Texas posse in 1934 has been made federally compliant and will be auctioned later this week.

The Colt .38-caliber Detective’s Special revolver, which was recovered from Parker’s body by Texas Ranger Capt. Frank Hamer, had its serial numbers obliterated in the heyday of Bonnie and Clyde's reign of terror, prompting Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) officials to issue a new number to make the handgun legal.

RR Auction in New Hampshire received the gun this summer from a private collector and noticed that the revolver had been altered, according to ATF officials from its field office in Manchester, N.H. The Gun Control Act of 1968 requires firearm manufacturers to place serial numbers on firearms and made firearms with removed, obliterated or altered serial numbers illegal to possess.

ATF special agents were then able to obtain an ATF-issued serial number — ATF7620091 — for RR Auction, which was later stamped onto the revolver’s receiver and making it federally compliant for an auction on Sept. 30, when it is expected to fetch upward of $200,000.

“ATF understands the importance of this historically significant firearm,” Guy Thomas, Special Agent in Charge of the ATF’s Boston field division, said in a news release. “We are pleased we were able to work in partnership with RR Auction to make the gun legally compliant.”

Parker was just 24 when she and Barrow died in a hail of gunfire after being ambushed by law enforcement authorities in Louisiana. Their deaths ended a legendary Depression-era crime spree that spanned the central U.S. and included holdups of more than a dozen banks and scores of small shops and gas stations. The Barrow gang is believed to have killed at least nine police officers and several civilians in the course of its crime wave.

“On the morning of May 23, 1934, when my father and the officers with him in Louisiana killed Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker,” a notarized letter written by Hamer on the gun reads. “My father removed this gun from the inside thigh of Bonnie Parker where she had it taped with white, medical, adhesive tape. My father said that one reason she had the gun taped to the inside of her leg was that, in those days, no gentlemen officer would search a woman where she had it taped … Sometime later, my father gave this gun to Buster Davis who had been a Texas Ranger and was, at the time, an FBI Agent.”

The gun, which has a 1926 patent date, remains in fine mechanical condition, with all original factory markings, and has moderate wear on its grips.

“This is a well-known gun in Texas as it was displayed in several major museums (including the LBJ Library in Austin) for a two-year exhibition in the early 1980s,” a listing at RR Auction reads. “There can be no other gun with a closer association to Bonnie Parker than the one taped to her body at her death.”

(09-24-2012, 05:17 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
ATF special agents were then able to obtain an ATF-issued serial number — ATF7620091 — for RR Auction, which was later stamped onto the revolver’s receiver and making it federally compliant for an auction on Sept. 30, when it is expected to fetch upward of $200,000.

In this case it looks like crime does pay. Not the criminal but the avid collector of his wares..