Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
the psychology of food
in particular, eating cute little animals like bunnies. hah

it's partly cultural right? if we lived in wartime Europe, we'd eat anything. yet today i couldn't eat horse. i have a mental block about eating rabbit, horse, deer, squirrel, shark, reptiles and others.
are we spoiled? people have eaten everything out there! bugs. cats. dogs. living cobras. you name it. ick.
and like others, if i had to kill that cute lamb myself, i would not have lamb chops. but i like them!
you have any food taboos?

[Image: eatbugs.jpg]

(01-16-2012, 04:18 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: you have any food taboos?

Yes, many! The only thing that kept me from auditioning for Survivor was the things I would have had to eat. The back of my throat is closing up just thinking about it.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'll eat pork, beef (not veal) and chicken and turkey. Everything else is out (quail, duck, lamb, venison, goat, most seafood...). I have a pretty boring diet.
Commando Cunt Queen
No veins, gristle, fat, blood, silverskin, connective tissues, offal (innards), eyes, oh gawd, have to stop. Gross.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
nope. nooooooo. ewwwwww. gack.

disgusting link:
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/01/1...p=features

from the link:

recipe Crispy Testicles.

Ingredients
1 Large red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
1 Onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 Clove garlic, germ removed, thinly sliced
1 Sprig thyme
14 Cup Water
2 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Tablespoon Capers, rinsed
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Lamb testicles, prepared
2 Tablespoon Flour
1 Egg, beaten
23 Cup Fresh bread crumbs
2 Tablespoon Unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation
Step 1:
Cut the pepper into quarters and then slice thinly from the shorter side. Place the pepper, onion, garlic, thyme, water, and olive oil in a frying pan. Cover, place over medium heat, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables soften. Remove the thyme, stir in the capers, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Step 2:
Cut the testicles into 1/2-inch slices and season with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish, pour the egg into another shallow dish, and place the bread crumbs in a third shallow dish. Toss the slices of testicles in the flour, then in the egg, and then coat well with the bread crumbs.

Step 3:
In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. When it begins to foam, add the breaded testicles and cook until golden, about 4 minutes on each side.

Step 4:
Meanwhile, reheat the onion and pepper mixture, add the parsley, and spoon onto a warm serving plate. Top with the crisp golden testicle slices and serve.

[Image: Crispy_Testicles.JPG]

Mountain oysters. We always threw them away but the Mexican ranch hands would take them to cook.

We used the bands on the bulls, but stallions were gelded with a knife. I don't know why, I just remember the knife can't have any brass on it. Maybe Duchess knows. I think maybe because you leave a little testicle for the horses but the entire scrotum falls off the bulls.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I will never ever eat Rhubarb again. I would not even use it as a lubricant. (maybe as a fan on a hot day)
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I like rhubarb pie. It is hard to find nowadays.
(01-18-2012, 07:27 PM)Cracker Wrote: I just remember the knife can't have any brass on it. Maybe Duchess knows.

I can't answer that, we've only ever used stainless steel. Well, not "we" actually, I've never been part of that. Nooooo.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-18-2012, 07:06 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [b]2 Lamb testicles, prepared

I wondered how you "prepare" lamb testicles--they have to be peeled. Thanks google!

Smiley_emoticons_kotz

Commando Cunt Queen
Meat and organs kinda disgust me. I'm a vegetarian untill you put a nice aged steak and lobster tail in front of me.
There is a guy at work that runs the round section and I sometimes go and visit him. I have seen him eat chicken that was sitting on his desk for 2 days, eggs that were cooked 3 days ago and rotten cabbage. He is from Thialand (Siam) and has a cast iron stomach. He excercises on his breaks and I went to karate classes with him for a few years. He smells funny like he eats all these spicy things and it oozes out his skin, he buys things in Chinatown in Boston that smell like rotting meat. I gag when I walk over there to his area and I have to yell at him sometimes to clean up his shit.
I have a hard time watching him eat and wonder what he will pop in his mouth next. I usually look away as I do not want to see a baby chicken out of a rotten eggs slipping down his throat in the morning.
He is fast as all hell though.
Maggot only likes fresh balls.
I don't care for beets, nasty things. Don't turn my nose up at much else
You don't like pickled beets? How do you make pickled eggs without pickled beets?
no beets, no borscht!

and Maggot is nuts, rhubarb is great. in fact we had a rhubarb conversation somewhere, it was riveting. i used to grow rhubarb and now it's expensive as hell too. my rhubarb plants were planted about 80 years before i bought the land and built house in Mass.
i had a HUGE blackberry stand too on that land. my kids and i ate tons of blackberries. bees stung the hell out of us. hah
our faces were always stained. good summer days.

My favorite part of the salad bar is pickled beets and garbanzo beans. You folks don't know what you are missing. I usually have a jar of pickled beets in the fridge. If I want a snack, I eat a few with a fork. It is my dirty secret. Unlike the rest of you who like butt sex.
I hated beets as a kid because they tasted like sugary dirt, but somehow my taste buds have changed and I now find them to be earthy goodness.
(01-18-2012, 10:28 PM)Cracker Wrote: It is my dirty secret. Unlike the rest of you who like egg mcmuffins.

Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
I should start a thread called "Shit that Bannacorn eats" we call him Sammy so he sounds americanised, so Shit that sammy eats sounds better. I could take pictures of the eel and potato milk soup he was just eating.