It's time to hymen...
Don't suggest shit like that, or he might be tempted to actually talk me into doing some site work Smiley_emoticons_wink

Actually.... do talk him into it, I need the money atm for the move in near future lol!
D, for what I suggested you won't have to do any work. The site is set up to move members to new groups automatically - all he has to do is make it so.
D, can you fix shit like mysterious and annoying white screens of death that people get from opening certain PMs? Sometimes my members on my other site (and probably here still) get white blank screens when they open PMs. The remedy is to clear the site's cookies from their browser and then go in, without opening it, and delete the PM (and then superzap delete the whole delete folder). It happens to me too, sometimes. In other words, something makes some PMs cause the reader to have a blank white screen. I had the coder who worked on the software as a "staff" person, but he could not figure out what it was.
86 112
Frank, correct that to say he couldn't be bothered to figure out what it was.

I think it has to do with the pm change from 1.5 to 2.0. He has it so you can now see if someone read the pm you sent them in the sent folder (or not).

If you can get out of Olivier what files he edited to make this happen it would help D considerably tracking down the issue.

That's my best guess as to the time frame this started happening with.

It's also causing some bugginess with read pm's if you send one to yourself. It never goes away. I think this too ties into that feature of knowind if a message was read or not.
I did ask about the files involved but he isn't responding. I will write again.
86 112
He's a pain in the ass. No response is another reason that bug (among others) still exist. He's sloppy and lazy.
I have zero respect for lazy people...Nor damsels in distress.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess Wrote:I have zero respect for lazy people...Nor damsels in distress.
My medication means I am in a constant battle with the demon of laziness,a battle I am currently winning.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Hey Frank, I wonder if this has any connection to that bug I found when I couldn't post a copy of the code?
Remember when I had that bug and I'd post a copy of the code and it would revert back to /forums instead of $base_dir ???

Nancy gave me a fix and never posted it openly because they decided not everyone needs the ability to post the code openly on their sites.
I have no idea. The area of my brain that stores code-related info melted last month.
86 112
Olivier just wrote me back on my question regarding the files involved in the PM issue he explored. His reply was "I don't remember."

So that ends that.
86 112
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
My medication means I am in a constant battle with the demon of laziness,a battle I am currently winning.
Talk to your doctor about adding Adderall to your current stack of anti-psychotic drugs. While 5% of patients experience sudden death, most have no problems andreport an increase in energy. Ask your doctor if Adderall is right for you.
sally Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
Talk to your doctor about adding Adderall to your current stack of anti-psychotic drugs. While 5% of patients experience sudden death, most have no problems andreport an increase in energy. Ask your doctor if Adderall is right for you.
Dem's some good odds! ::thumbs::
Middle Finger Wrote:Olivier just wrote me back on my question regarding the files involved in the PM issue he explored. His reply was "I don't remember."

So that ends that.

What a dick! You gave that shit a ton of work too!

Nancy sent out those emails saying to call him too for support when she closed the software down. Paid of course but if the guy is going to fake knowing what HE did to alter the software, no point in even using it anymore and promoting his work.

This is a complete dick move.

You know, if he truly does not remember, it goes to show all the more how lazy and sloppy his work is! I mean how can somone who did that extensive amount of work to a software not remember what he did? How can he continue to improve upon it if he constantly forgot what he did prior? <-- that's assuming this software would continue.

Fuck that shit - let's hope Jesse finishes the work I paid him to do and get the ball rolling with new software. I won't promote something that is this much of a pain to fix.
Is Olivier someone we know?
Well Frank, I can't say one way or the other for sure in terms of repairing it without first seeing the code. It depends on how much of a shitpile it is, whether or not its commented (and commented well), and of course if the problem is even IN the PM module or if it just affects it. Still, if you're interested I'll take a crack at it. I don't charge if I can't fix it (obviously, or at least I would HOPE that would be obvious).

In theory it should be an easy fix, IF I can replicate it while I have the code running under a debugger.

Shoot me an email or something and let me know.

Also, is this something from the standard WowClassic code, or a custom mod to your site in particular?
Lumpy, no it's the guy who Frank worked with on mods and codes for the software.

D, it's not custom modifications, this affects anyone running WowClassic that we can tell. My site has had issues too with this shit.
sally Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

Yeah why not risk the threat of sudden death just to feel a little bit more pepped?

No thanks, and as for "stack" of anti psychotic drugs?, I take one 3 mg tablet of risperidone a day, hardly a "stack" bitch.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Sometime during this week I'll download WowClassic and we'll see what the scoop is. If you guys can come up with a definite method to reproduce, even if it takes several tries, let me know.
OK, D. Thanks ...
86 112