Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
wok?
do you cook with a wok? i had a beautiful calphalon wok once, but gave it away. i used to make homemade eggroll/wonton things~ buy the wraps and deep fry in the wok with your fillings.
love stir-fry crisp veggies too.

wok favorites?

[Image: Modernist_Cuisine_Wok_Cutaway_no_words.jpg]

I have an electric one. I use it more for fondue than for stir fry. It is perfect for heating the oil or broth to cook meat cubes.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I have an AllClad one my husband bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I close my eyes and pretend like I'm Chinese when I use it.
(01-27-2012, 11:29 PM)sally Wrote: I have an AllClad one my husband bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I close my eyes and pretend like I'm Chinese when I use it.

all you really have to do is squint. hahahaha

[Image: chinese%20girl.gif][Image: ChineseSmiley.gif]

There are many, but two of my favourite stir fries must be Char Kwey Teuw, a Hong Kong classic of rice noodles, Char Siu, which is Chinese BBQ Pork, Lap Cheung, which are typical Chinese sausages, and the usual veggies, and something called "Prawns in Salad Sauce", a dish from my Chinese Michelin starred friend, Chef Bong that made me wonder the first time he put it on our menu, but left me all drooling on the table once I had it.

Take nice sized Prawns and dip them into Tempura batter and deep fry them in your wok, remove, pour out the oil from the wok, and add now his special Salad Sauce, which is basically a mayonnaise based cocktail sauce with condensed milk, into the wok, swirl the Prawns around in it and serve. Fucking wicked!
We use the Mexican version here, I have built a stand and used the burner from a water heater, it operates on propane.

http://www.southwestdisk.com/
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams