Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bashara murder mystery...with a little S&M and bondage
(03-22-2012, 01:39 PM)Darkman Wrote: LE (Law Enforcement)

No offense but you defining LE made me laugh. There are a few LEO's associated with Mock.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well, Duchess ... - it was just in case, LOL Smiley_emoticons_biggrin ... I am a newbie here after all ... But what's a "LEO"? .. HAHA (Law Enforcement Officer or Offfice, i suppose)

Anyhow, Bob recently enjoyed a little trip to Iowa (with his mom) .. to see his son .. i didn't see that mention here, so here it is:

------

Bob Bashara takes trip to Iowa with family
Attorney says trip was therapeutic for Bashara family

Published On: Mar 13 2012 06:04:45 PM EDT Updated On: Mar 14 2012 03:55:05 PM EDT

--- Text & Video ---

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara is free to leave Michigan.

He is not facing any charges and he has no travel restrictions.

The road trip has Bashara behind the wheel for 8 hours with his mother at his side. The Local 4 Defenders learned he left Michigan for Iowa this past weekend.

His lawyer explains why the trip is so important.

"He's trying to do anything he can do to keep the family together and the weather this storm," said his attorney, David Griem.

Griem said it's no secret undercover officers have been following Bob Bashara around town for weeks. However, they did not tail the Grosse Pointe Park man when he left the state, and Griem said that is significant.

"Bob Bashara is not a flight risk. Bob Bashara is going to see this thing through," said Griem....

--- The rest is HERE: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/inves...index.html

i hope the police (or the court) are holding bob's passport. that little trip was a test run. but i am not sure if they had PC to remove it thus far in investigation.

Don't think Bob is going to run.... As his lawyer said: "Bob Bashara is going to see this thing through... to the end" Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Joe Gentz remains jailed in Jane Bashara murder
Attorney says she doesn't know when Gentz's competency exam results will be revealed

Published On: Mar 23 2012 05:31:33 PM EDT

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/inves...9oy4h6z/-/

DETROIT -
As the investigation into the murder of Grosse Pointe Park mother Jane Bashara continues, the man at the center of it remains locked up.

Joe Gentz, the handyman who has allegedly confessed to killing Jane, has completed his competency exam.

His attorney, Susan Reed, said Gentz has had few visitors.

“He’s locked up. Anyone in that situation, you know, would be a little anxious and I don’t see that as anything out of the norm,” Reed said.

Reed said she’s not sure when the results of Gentz’s competency exam would be revealed....
MARCH 24, 2012 AT 1:00 AM

New twist in Bashara case
Police have more info on missing clothing; alibi proof missing

BY GEORGE HUNTER AND CHRISTINE FERRETTI THE DETROIT NEWS

[Image: bilde?Site=C3&Date=20120324&Category=MET...shara-case]

Grosse Pointe Park— The mystery surrounding what happened to Jane Bashara's clothing after she was killed took a new twist Friday.

Michigan State Police officials said two weeks ago they hadn't received the garments the 56-year-old marketing executive wore when her strangled body was found Jan. 25 in the backseat of her sport-utility vehicle in a Detroit alley, although a Detroit Police spokeswoman insisted the clothing had been sent to the state laboratory.

On Friday, Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said one part of the mystery had been cleared up: "We finally were able to determine that the clothing was with the Detroit Police Department, but they hadn't sent it to the lab yet," Shaw said.

However, Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said she's sticking with the statement she gave to The News on March 9: "There were items of clothing recovered from the body of Jane Bashara and sent to the MSP for testing."

Stephens said Friday. "At this time, we have no additional comment on this matter."

David Griem, attorney for the victim's husband Robert Bashara, who was named by Grosse Pointe Park Police Chief David Hiller as the only person of interest in the case, said investigators also failed to secure another key piece of evidence: Videotape which Griem claims would have supported his client's alibi that he was working at one of his rental properties when Jane Bashara was killed....

--- more at the Source: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120...CFRONTPAGE
New Evidence Problems in Bashara Investigation?
Attorney says surveillance video is gone

Updated: Saturday, 24 Mar 2012, 11:20 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 24 Mar 2012, 11:20 PM EDT

[Image: clipboard01msl.jpg]

GROSSE PT. PARK, Mich. (WJBK) - More questions about the way evidence is being handled in the Jane Bashara murder investigation. Her attorney says surveillance video that could prove Bob Bashara was at his commercial property at the time of the murder was not taken as evidence quickly enough. Now, it's been erased.

Click on the video player to watch Ronnie Dahl's live report.

Jane Bashara was found strangled in her Mercedes back in January. One suspect is in custody. But, her husband, Bob, is still a person of interest in the case.

"We relied upon the police, shame on us," said Bashara's attorney David Greim. "It appears the videotapes were never taken into custody."

Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/ron...0120324-rs

--- Text & Video ---

[Image: clipboard01xaz.jpg]
For those of you who haven't read this by now, here are posts by Amy Weber ("Bondage Model" from Michigan), who, with her boyfriend, visited bondage / fetish party on January 21, 2012 (only 3 days before Jane's murder), and sat at the the same table with Master Bob and Bella (aka Rachel)....

Source(s), one of her following blogs:
http://msamyweber.blogspot.com/2012/02/f...-2011.html
http://msamyweberbondagemodel.blogspot.c...-2011.html
http://msamyweber.tumblr.com/post/170361...ary-4-2011

February 4 2011

Believe this or not, I have been biting my tongue on this Jane Bashara murder case. Here are some facts: Jane Bashara was married to Bob Bashara for 26 years. Jane Bashara was reported missing by her husband on Tuesday January 24th 2011. Her SUV containing her body was found the next day in the morning.

Ok, On January 21st, the Saturday before all this happened, we were introduced to Bob Bashara with a woman named Bella at a fetish party. First impression of the man was arrogant, cocky, snobbish, and just generally rude and aloof. Neither of us had ever met him before nor knew anything about him. After the introduction, small talk, then he and Bella had walked off to do something else. Through the evening of the fetish party, he and Bella returned to our table and sat down...

---------------

More at one of above Sources...

There are some more Amy's posts at her blog(s) that are Bob's related.... or Amy, herself, related.... to check those out, find them from Main Blogs' page(s) :
http://msamyweber.blogspot.com
http://msamyweberbondagemodel.blogspot.com

or even from these ones: Beat_deadhorse
http://msamyweber.tumblr.com/
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bob-bashara
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/joe-gentz
April 1, 2012 at 1:00 am
Warm weather a factor in deadly winter in Detroit, officials say

By George Hunter and Steve Pardo
The Detroit News

[Image: bilde?Site=C3&Date=20120401&Category=MET...icials-say]

Detroit— Higher-than-normal temperatures and a series of high-profile crimes made for a warm, bloody winter in the city.

Spring officially started March 20, bringing to a close what several local law enforcement officials described as the most calamitous winter in memory. Some said the warm weather was a factor.

"Crime usually spikes in the summer," Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said. "I've never seen a winter quite like this one."

From Jan. 1 to March 21, there were 70 murders in the city — a 37 percent jump over the same period last year, according to figures released by the Detroit Police Department.

Among those were several crimes that made headlines:

—The fatal shooting of a 9-month-old boy as he slept on his couch.

—A 12-year-old girl was reportedly killed over a disagreement about a cellphone.

—A man dies after being shot by a gas station attendant after allegedly arguing over the price of a condom.

—A 14-year-old boy whom police say fatally shot his mother 10 times.

—The discovery of a 56-year-old Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive's body in an alley on the east side of Detroit touched off a national media frenzy.

The winter of 2011-12 was 30 percent warmer than last year. The average temperature from January to mid-March 2011-12 was 35.7 degrees, up from an average of 26.4 degrees from the previous year's period...

Among the murders in the Metro area that have made headlines this past winter that either happened in Detroit or were investigated by Detroit Police:

—At about 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 25, a driver from HB Land Towing spotted a 2004 Mercedes-Benz ML350 sport utility vehicle in an alley near Seven Mile. In the backseat was the body of Grosse Pointe Park resident Jane Bashara. The case made national headlines after Grosse Pointe Park Police Chief David Hiller named the victim's husband, Robert Bashara, as a person of interest. Handyman Joseph Gentz, who told police he was paid by Robert Bashara to carry out the hit, was charged with first-degree murder...

The article in it's entirety is at the Source: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120...1409/rss36
Hi Darkman...
yes detroit is a crime-ridden shithole.

i keep hoping to hear of big bob's arrest.

(04-01-2012, 03:03 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Hi Darkman...
yes detroit is a crime-ridden shithole.

Sometimes it makes me happy that i am in Canada and not "down south" ... Smiley_emoticons_biggrin (even though we have plenty of our own chit here)

Quote:i keep hoping to hear of big bob's arrest.

Some people, elsewhere on the net, report / rumor that it won't happen until after Joe Gentz evaluation is complete and his court appearance on May 4, 2012.

After that LE might cut a deal with Gentz ... and then arrest BB.

(don't quote me on that though, in any case, lol... just reporting what others are saying) Smiley_emoticons_smile
actually that makes perfect sense. i thought gentz mental eval must be completed by now, but i haven't been keeping track.
once they establish his IQ and cred, then go to trial. in otherwords, is he going to be credible?
if not they better have more evidence on bob to take him to trial. once he is arrested the clock starts ticking.

ya... exactly ... gentz eval is completed (had been reported) .. but probably will be prepared for May 4, 2012, his next court appearance ... and submitted there.

unless they decide to publicly announce details of his mental eval sometime before May 4, which is somewhat doubtful, but who knows..... Smiley_emoticons_smile
Around 20 Bashara Character Witness Letters Secured by Attorney
Competency Exam for Handyman Joe Gentz is May 4

Updated: Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 6:50 PM EDT

[Image: clipboard01lj.jpg]

< snip >

..."Kind of treading water because that's what we're all doing," Griem said Monday.

So far, Bashara's handyman, Joseph Gentz, is the only person charged, but he's charged with conspiracy. He allegedly told police Bob Bashara paid him to kill his wife.

Gentz was sent for a competency exam nearly a month ago.

"I'm not sure that it gives us cause for concern one way or another," Griem remarked.

He was responding to rumors that Gentz passed his competency exam. His hearing is not for another month, and neither the prosecutor's office nor the attorney for Gentz would comment.

FOX 2 legal analyst Charlie Langton said if Gentz passes, that could be a big blow to Bashara.

"If Gentz is found to be credible, what Gentz then said to the cops way back when is heightened and it is more believable," he explained. "If I'm Bashara, I'd be worried."...

< snip >

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

..."I think the number would be doubled if this case didn't have the media attention that it does," he said.

"Bashara will not get any kind of bond. I don't care how many character witnesses come forward," Langton remarked.

Langton said that is if Bashara is charged with murder. He also noted it is likely nothing will happen until after the next court date for Gentz, who is charged with murder and conspiracy in the death of Jane Bashara....

More at the Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/loc...0120402-ms
Investigators question Jane Bashara's children in her murder investigation
Attorney says investigators flew to Iowa to talk with Grosse Pointe Park mother's son

Published On: Apr 06 2012 05:16:53 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 06 2012 05:23:06 PM EDT

----

...The Local 4 Defenders have learned that Bob Bashara’s son, Robert Jr., who lives in the Hawkeye state, was interviewed on the record by investigators as part of his mother’s murder case....

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

----

...David Griem, said both of the couple’s children, Robert and Jessica, have been interviewed.

"Bob Jr. was interviewed for more than three hours out in Iowa this week," Griem said. "Jessica Bashara has been interviewed no less than four times by various police agencies in this case."

Griem said both children could have had a lawyer sit by their side for the investigative subpoena, but neither felt it was necessary.

"Both indicated they wanted to go forward on their own," he said.

Local 4 legal analyst attorney Todd Flood said it’s not unusual for law enforcement to interview family in an investigation.

"What they want to figure out is the truth. So, they want to eliminate defenses and make sure they're putting the right person in the defendant's chair," Flood said.

But, Flood said, flying investigators to Iowa is significant.

"They're moving the ball down the field as fast they can. They didn't wait for whatever vacation, for whatever break. They went out to get the person, to get the interview," Flood said...

----------------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/inves...index.html
Attorney says investigators crossed line when questioning Bashara children
Attorney David Griem says Bashara's children were asked unrelated, unwarranted questions by investigators

Author: Marc Santia, Local 4 Defenders
Published On: Apr 06 2012 06:04:51 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 06 2012 06:44:27 PM EDT

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

[Image: clipboard01ht.jpg]

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
Attorney David Griem said he understand investigators needed to interview Bob and Jane Bashara's children, Robert Jr. and Jessica, but the veteran lawyer also feels law enforcement crossed the line.

"If you're going after somebody you go after that individual. You don't go after their children," Griem said...

----

[Image: clipboard02fnw.jpg]

..."The interviews seemed to be more pointed to poisoning them against their father than answering questions," he said.

Griem said the children were questioned about relationships Bashara reputedly had years ago.

"What relevance does that have to this investigation? Zero. Zip. Nada," he said.

Griem said Jessica was shown a Valentine's Day card which, according to investigators, her father gave to a woman he allegedly had an affair with before Jane's death.

"Jessica, in particular, said to me, 'This had nothing to do with trying to find out who my mother's murderer was,'" Griem said.

---------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/inves...index.html
Griem is such a twit.

the "children" are fair game for investigators. who i am sure were sensitive to how torn they must be. it's likely their father who put them in such a terrible position. they may end up losing both parents.

Veteran Detroit attorney Susan Reed in spotlight again as she takes on Bashara case
April 7, 2012

[Image: bilde?Site=C4&Date=20120407&Category=NEW...shara-case]
Detroit attorney Susan Reed is a veteran of high-profile and ghastly cases. / JESSICA J. TREVINO / Detroit Free Press

Inmates like her. And that's a good thing, Detroit attorney Susan Reed says.

A veteran of a chilling parade of high-profile and ghastly cases, Reed is suddenly in the Detroit area's brightest public spotlight again as the court-appointed lawyer for Joseph Gentz, the handyman charged with murder and conspiracy in the January strangulation of Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive Jane Bashara...

--------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120407/NE...shara-case
LOL ... Anyone noticed the original photo of Susan Reed in above post?
I didn't upload the photo to the "picture hosting" site this time (in the post above) ... Instead I hot-linked it directly from the Source...

Just now ... - I refreshed the screen and was surprised to see another photo of Susan Reed (the one that is showing now in above post)

Original newspaper picture was this one:

[Image: bildel.jpg]
i've had that happen to me too, i think it's the news outlet doing it. hah