Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
letting go
do you hang on to things that bother you? have a tough time letting go?

i had to finally let go of a couple things this past week, i don't know what finally moved and motivated me.

one was someone who owes me a great deal of money. i finally realized i am never going to see that money again and decided for my own stress level, to let it go. to stop worrying over it and being angry about it.

the other was i let go of a great many very literate and beautiful love letters that did nothing but make me feel miserable when i read them. from my soul mate who died. it took me 4 years. i made a decision to stop torturing myself. mainly i didn't want anyone else to read them after i am gone. i deleted and also burned in the fireplace. kept all the photos.

i feel a little lighter albeit sad. but it's not an unbearable sadness. just a little one.

Very zen of you, LC.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(02-11-2012, 07:49 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: do you hang on to things that bother you?

have a tough time letting go?

That would be a big hell no. I tend to deal with things quickly & move on.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
When I was younger, hell yeah!
Now, not so much.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Little things, I let go of right away. Big things like LC described, take some processing and pondering, but eventually they get released.

Good for you LC - smart lady.
(02-11-2012, 07:49 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: do you hang on to things that bother you? have a tough time letting go?

i had to finally let go of a couple things this past week, i don't know what finally moved and motivated me.

one was someone who owes me a great deal of money. i finally realized i am never going to see that money again and decided for my own stress level, to let it go. to stop worrying over it and being angry about it.

the other was i let go of a great many very literate and beautiful love letters that did nothing but make me feel miserable when i read them. from my soul mate who died. it took me 4 years. i made a decision to stop torturing myself. mainly i didn't want anyone else to read them after i am gone. i deleted and also burned in the fireplace. kept all the photos.

i feel a little lighter albeit sad. but it's not an unbearable sadness. just a little one.

Aw, sad story but a healthy procedure.
86 112
Fuck No you all owe me and until I get what I'm due, it's all about revenge.

Truthfully I have had some pretty tough stuff happen in my life, some I will always remember but in a positive way ,others have been filed in the appropriate pigeon hole of past bullshit.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Material things are easy to let go, but hell, do the dirty on me and I'm like an elephant with an awful long memory.
(02-11-2012, 04:32 PM)Jurassic Wrote: do the dirty on me and I'm like an elephant with an awful long memory.

That's different, babe. You don't have to forget something in order to let it go.

Just Mock. Mock bothers me a lot, yet I can't seem to let it go Blowing-kisses

Holy shit...adub showed a moment of lightheartedness. [Image: Thud.gif]
(02-11-2012, 07:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Holy shit...adub showed a moment of lightheartedness. [Image: Thud.gif]

Look up....

Look down...
Look at my thumb....

Adum, I knew the post I commented on was expressed sarcastically.

Buzzkill
LC, that doesn't sound exactly like letting go of something that "bothered" you (well, the money thing, yeah) but the other was more a...a closure? I dunno.

I'm learning to let go of my kids a little. I'm shifting more responsibility to them and starting to get that it's their life. Not to say I'm going to totally slack off or drop all expectations but more that they have to self-motivate too...or deal with the consequences.
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-11-2012, 08:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Adub, I knew the post I commented on was expressed sarcastically.

Buzzkill

I am so sick and tired of everyone telling me how fucking negative I am. Is that what you meant by buzzkill, Duchess? I get enough of that in my fucked-up everyday life, so GMAB, please.

I need a bit of positive reinforcement.

TIA
(02-11-2012, 08:40 PM)Adub Wrote: I need a bit of positive reinforcement.

TIA

I thought the "look up", "look down" posts were funny. Keep up the clever posts! 11
User: LC, that doesn't sound exactly like letting go of something that "bothered" you (well, the money thing, yeah) but the other was more a...a closure? I dunno.

i understand your point, maybe it's just semantics. but i agonized for the last year about actually deleting and burning those letters. so it was a releasing of sorts.

(02-11-2012, 08:40 PM)Adub Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 08:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Adub, I knew the post I commented on was expressed sarcastically.

Buzzkill

I am so sick and tired of everyone telling me how fucking negative I am. Is that what you meant by buzzkill, Duchess? I get enough of that in my fucked-up everyday life, so GMAB, please.

I need a bit of positive reinforcement.

TIA

So you RL sucks ass, why am I not surprised?

The only time I like anyone in here is when they manage to piss Duchess off, you do that and I will be more than happy to tell you what a good Mocker you are.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams